• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's the weirdest thing that happen to you in a Pokemon game?

draya the dark master

Sort of Undead atm♥
i have 7 shiny bidoof and bibarel from pokemon pearl alone and no other RE shinys from any of the 4th gen games

now i have the same curse with roggenroller and boldore... up to 4 atm =/

i really wish my wifi worked so i could trade D'X

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
Encountered a Cryogonal in the summer. And wasted a 50+Ultraballs on a Metang

kyogreblue3

take a byte
The weirdest thing that happened to me was that i couldn't KO a Bronzor with my Typhlosion in the Battle Tower. It had one HP left and it wasn't holding a Focus Sash or anything of those items!!!!

NitroxWolf

t(-.-t) trollin
I had a perfect team of 6 pokemon in leaf green. The got killed by a Snorlax blockin the road.....

dainswfc

on pokemon red on gameboy colour i was playing and i was battling a ninetales i droped my game boy down the toilet and then every character in the game apart from prof oak turned in to red triangles

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Catching a lv 49 female Altaria in White xD

Epic fail when it released from 10 ultras and 12 great balls but it was captured with ONE pokeball xD nya

Lau

★ Go, Rai!! ★
A few weeks ago (I think) I was training my Garchomp in Platinum. When I was about to save, the game froze, and marked error. Anyways, this has happened me once or twice, and it's maybe because my DS Lite is too old a_a

Hojinisabeast22

I'm a Fan, Man!
when I was walking in my Pearl and my game glitched up and I found a shiny Dialga. I'm like, WHAT THE F***

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
Beat a trainer in Victory Road and got a bunch of glitch characters on the screen. I got video proof too. Just too lazy to upload atm.

Meowth City

Staff member
Yesterday, I was soft-reseting for a male Tirtouga with both an Impish Nature AND Sturdy. I did it for about a hour and EVERY single one was a male with a bad nature. When I finally got one with Impish nature, I was surprised that it also have the right ability, and it was the first female one I got. Really weird.

And although I wanted a male, since I had half a dozen names picked out for it (Crush, Bowser, Leonardo, etc.), I wasn't about to give up a perfectly good Pokemon especially because I needed to go to sleep since it was night-time AND BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY GENDER HAS NO EFFECT IN TERMS OF STATS.

Nothing particularly weird has happened to me, although one time while SRing my clock went backwards by a minute.

Just encountered Cryogonal. Caught it in the green "by" button-mashing(lol). Also, Ditto breaking out of a Critical Capture.(transformed into Hydreigon.) Same thing happened with a Deino.

auryn

Eevee Breeder
It sounds like a lot of the people posting "weird" things in here have been hacking...

Honestly, I don't have anything too weird to report, but I have two friends who do.

1. Friend started SS and his FIRST POKEMON got the Pokerus before he was able to even catch another.

2. Another friend caught a Kyurem with a Pokeball. >> I wouldn't have believed him except I saw it for myself.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
1 hp metang. asleep. 99 luxury balls. finally threw one timer ball and caught it... i hate timer balls haha

It stayed asleep for 99 turns?