• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's the weirdest thing that happen to you in a Pokemon game?

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
i tried to catch heatran with a bunch of ultra and great balls and i failed. then my friend came, took my nintendo, threw a pokeball and caugh it. i was like FML

BlizzardFireblaze

Ibedrinkin2much4sure
In the Dewford Gym,the Gym guide somehow said "Fish Pokemon" instead of "Normal type Pokemon".Wierd...

Jinvaani

In the Dewford Gym,the Gym guide somehow said "Fish Pokemon" instead of "Normal type Pokemon".Wierd...

I didn't notice this, I'll have to look it up.

That reminds me, the gym guide is always inside ALL 8 gyms. So i can fly back and forth between new and older gyms and he's always there, unless its a different guy each time. I think he should disappear after you beat each leader and then stay in the 8th gym (or move to the Elite 4 for one last motivation speech) ;)

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
I was doing Sky Pillar. Fell down a crack, and then fell through the next floor. Then my game froze.

ShadeShadow

(>^.^)>(;_;)<(^.^<)
when i caught my giratina, i couldnt find it in my pc box, and i had major freak out cuz i thought my game was some how broken after only 3 weeks, but when i turned it back on the next time, it was there... @_@

Atari

Did it on 'em
All of the low level Pidgey's and bizarre over-level-100 Pokemon hanging around Cinnabar Island water in B&R still freak me out lol.

PsiOmega

An old soul
I must really like Pokemon...
I fell asleep one night while playing Pokemon. I woke up, checked my team (40-50s), and they were all level 100. I trained them in my sleep. I didn't complain. I proceeded to kill Juan.

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
When I was transferring my pokemon from Ruby to LeafGreen, one GBA turned off and instead of having 1 Regirock, 1 Regice (on LG) and 2 Caterpies (on Ruby) I had 1 Regirock and 1 Regice on Ruby and 1 Regice and 1 Regirock on LG.

AmericanPi

Write on
I must really like Pokemon...
I fell asleep one night while playing Pokemon. I woke up, checked my team (40-50s), and they were all level 100. I trained them in my sleep. I didn't complain. I proceeded to kill Juan.

...Woah, really?

Come to think of it, it isn't that hard, I guess. You just press the control pad buttons and mash A repeatedly, but I would NEVER be able to train Pokemon in my sleep. O_O

~*Scyther*~

I hope one day to be able to get on these forums and never have to read garbage like this.

AMEN!

well when playing pokemon platinum I was chaining an I reset over 200-250 times with no shiny and I thought that was kinda weird. then another time chaining I got a shiny, then right after that battler the patch right next to me was another shiny patch! but that was just lucky really, not weird....

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
I once released a Blaziken in LG and found it in the water...

Ereshk

Still planning
Once, I was training my Poliwag outside Goldenrod City, it was level 20 I think. Then it leveled up to 21, but it didn't stop. It continued to get EXP, level 22, 23, 24... all the way up to 100, learning all its moves (though I didn't teach it any). I expected it to stop at that point, but no. It continued to level up, and up, and up... until it reached 255, then it went back to 0 (I was already freaking out at that time). Then it continued, until level 21, and stopped. I will never forget that Poliwag.
Also, once when I was on a new game, my starter got mysteriously replaced by a level 20 Tentacruel on Cherrygrove. It was my original Gold though, which is kinda broken, it doesn't save anymore and there are lots of glitches, but back then it wasn't that bad. (I think this event was the first "symptom").

ToedAndTrue

Frog Trainer(Ribbit)
Once, I was training my Poliwag outside Goldenrod City, it was level 20 I think. Then it leveled up to 21, but it didn't stop. It continued to get EXP, level 22, 23, 24... all the way up to 100, learning all its moves (though I didn't teach it any). I expected it to stop at that point, but no. It continued to level up, and up, and up... until it reached 255, then it went back to 0 (I was already freaking out at that time). Then it continued, until level 21, and stopped. I will never forget that Poliwag.

You think we're going to believe that?

Honeyichigo

The manliest
You think we're going to believe that?

I'm not sure why you singled that event out from the other one he posted or... well, anything else in this thread, really, but considering how glitch-prone the older games were, it's not really that unbelievable. Especially if the cartridge itself was getting old.