• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's this? More HO!?

Romeo32

I've decided to test out a specially based HO team.
At A Glance
386002.gif
178.gif
571.gif
139.gif
381.gif
637.gif

386002.gif

Deoxys-D @ Light Clay
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 216Spd /252HP / 20Def / 20SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, - Atk)
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt/Night Shade
Role: Basically all this guy does is set up screens and stealth rocks for my team (the way HO leads usually do). The biggest problem I have with this set is taunt. Most of my other Pokemon can set up without screens, but they make setting up ALOT easier and I need my stealth rocks for breaking multiscale and the occasional focus sash. And although taunt is useful against things like dragon dance dragonite and walls that try to sry up hazards, night shade prevents Deoxys-D from being taunt bait and it doesn't mean an automatic loss for me if he's my last Pokemon left.
Reason: Deoxys-D is my leaf if choice for a couple reasons, I'll compare him to the other two common HO leads. Opposed to Azelf, he reaches about the same base speed (I haven't checked yet) and with better bulk he can come back in later to set up screens again. As opposed to Espeon, again he had better bulk but he is also faster. Another reason I like Deoxys-D better than Espron is taunt, he can taunt slower walls like ferrothorn and forretress to prevent them from setting up hazards, forcing a switch as gyro ball (both of those Pokemon's best offensive moves) won't do much after reflect.
178.gif

Xatu (M) @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
Xatu (M) @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Roost
- U-Turn
Role: Xatu is a secondary dual screener. This is a very useful thing to have on my team because once Deoxys-D dies most of my team is practically screwed due to the lack of screens. Xatu also doesn't have to worry about taint because of magic bounce, and once he sets up the screens he can U-Turn out into a sweeper (which is slightly more effective than just switching like Deoxys-D).
Reason: Well for one, he was suggested, but u have justification other than that. I was previously using my srcond slot for an additional sweeper, Alakazam, but he was debunked due to type synergy and just plain frailty. Alakazam may have been a good sweeper, but Xatu plays a much more important role in increasing my team's life span.
571.gif

Zoroark (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Illusion
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
Role: Zoroark takes his place as my first sweeper, using nasty plot. Behind dual screens he can usually take one neutral hit or a couple resisted ones, even with how frail he is. With the above moves he gets pretty good coverage, just not enough to merit a expert belt. Zoroark is pretty fast and even with timid nature he packs quite a punch.
Reason: First off, he was suggested, with good justification. For one he is far faster than my previous choice for this slot, Lucario, but he loses a little power because he NEEDS to run timid instead of modest. He also gets better coverage than Lucario, because there is no need to wade a slit with a priority move (not that zoroark gets one other than sucker punch)
139.gif

Omastar@ Expert Belt
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252Spd / 252SAtk / 4def
Modest Nature ( +SAtk, -Atk)
-Shell Smash
-Surf
-Hidden Power [Grass]
-Ice Beam
Role: Shell smash is arguably the best set up move in the game, and us enhanced by dual screens, making the defense drops less significant (Bullet Punch anyone?). I have expert belt because onasrar get neatly perfect coverage so expert belt is a greater alternative to life orb. Swift swim is also important on this set because when I go up against a rain team, Omadrar will be fast as hell after a shell smash.
Reason: Onadrar is my prefferd shell smasher over Cloyster for two reasons. One: better coverage and Two: swift swim (mentioned above). Also Onadrar had better special attack than cloyster, so he is obviously going to fit better on a SPECIAL hyper offense team.
381.gif

Latios @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252SAtk / 252Spd
Timid Nature ( +Spd, -Atk )
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-HP [Fire]
-Psyshock
Role:As opposed to his bulkier sister, Latias, who u was previously using, Latios requires less set up to sweep, and base 110 SDef isn't anything to scoff at. Latios probably needs a different item, because I'm running into a lit of kings that expert belt doesn't help against, do I may be considering lufe orb or wise glasses to get a constant boost.
Reason: I already said why I prefer him to Latias, bug Latios also is just plain powerful. He usually doesn't have a hard time setting up against special attackers, so he stood out to me ad a great asset to this team that can demolish anything not ready for this set.
637.gif

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Trait: Flamebody
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252Spd
Timid Nature (+ Spd, -Atk)
-Quiver Dance
-Fiery Dance
-Bug Buzz
-Hidden Power [Ice]
Role: Bringing up the rear is another deadly sweeper, Volcarona, as long as my combination of Deoxys-D's taunt and Xatu's magic bounce prevent stealth rocks, he can come in safely, maybe on something like a scizor, set up a couple quiver dances, and sweep. Fiery dance>fire blast because of the possible special attack raise. And HP [Ice] covers dragons like dragonite and slamence.
Reason: I was previously using a dragonite in this slot, but he didn't fit in a special HO team (head desk). Volcarona gets great bulk behind screens do he can set up several quiver dances before attempting a sweep, making it much easier to sweep compared to dragonite who could usually only get up one dragon dance.

When're there is a change in items/ moves etc it will be in Bold

Last edited:

orangezilla

Who's dar man
I too use that omastar, he's great, but i would advise expert belt over life orb as, as you say his biggest problem is priority but with enough health he can generally survive say an unboosted bullet punch. And I'd consider a timid nature.

Romeo32

I too use that omastar, he's great, but i would advise expert belt over life orb as, as you say his biggest problem is priority but with enough health he can generally survive say an unboosted bullet punch. And I'd consider a timid nature.

Well yeah I was considering dropping ond of my life orbs, and he does get great coverage, not sure about the timid nature though, I would prefer some power than speed

Romeo32

I'm just gonna go ahead and bump this because apparently physical HO is much more fascinating than special HO

DarumakkaImposter

While I like Taunt, try using Magic Coat in replace of it. And as far as EVs go, use 252 HP / 20 Def / 20 SDef / 216 Spe.

Last edited:

Romeo32

While I like Taunt, try using Magic Coat in replace of it. And as far as EVs go, use 252 HO / 20 Def / 20 SDef / 216 Spe.

Those EVs look a little nicer, and I tested our magic coat before it seens equally useful to taunt, I'm torn between them

Also I may use the second post for a threat list or something

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
I say swift swim could work on omastar since you will be running into a lot of rain teams and the boost might help you set up a bit easier and you'll be as fast as hell after a shell smash also.

Romeo32

I say swift swim could work on omastar since you will be running into a lot of rain teams and the boost might help you set up a bit easier and you'll be as fast as hell after a shell smash also.

Good idea, I'm sure crits wouldn't matter after I shell smash anyway, because I'd die

Last edited:

Soperman

The One and Only
I would say, since it has CM anyway, maybe max HP and Speed on Latias, to make him crazy bulky sweeper thing.
Besides that, looks good.

Romeo32

I would say, since it has CM anyway, maybe max HP and Speed on Latias, to make him crazy bulky sweeper thing.
Besides that, looks good.

Thats what the screens are for, so she can set up lots of calm minds and then kill mores effectively with greater offensive investment, also that greater investment means I need LESS calm minds to sweep

123fakestreet

Metalopolis King
You're using a hyper offensive team. What's wrong with using latias hyper offense brother latios. They can both run an identical set just one has more power. Screens provide bulk and base 110 SpD still can't be scoffed at.

Romeo32

Since I got two suggestions for latios I tested him, and he works well, the only problem is Latias lives MUCH longer, but latios hits harder and faster so him it is!

Also I was testing out Alakazam in place of Volcarona and I think he works better, no damage from hazards or life orb and he gets better coverage with psyshock, shadow ball, focus blast, just less bulk so I have to be careful when setting up, but the same thing happened when Volcarona took 50% from stealth rocks, so he'd die just as easily

Adding those two to the OP