• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"What's This 'Ship Called?" v. III

Status
Not open for further replies.
what would be a shipping fic between renton & eureka, from the anime eureka seven, called? i would call it NirvashShipping.

Vycksta

I'm not sure what the shipping format is for that fandom. If it does have one then why don't you go ahead and start a list? That's what I did for Animal Crossing. ;P

@ LPJ17: Advantageshipping is taken, however Advantageousshipping isn't so I used that instead, but thanks for the idea!

Mario Man

M'kay.
yes, call it NirvashShipping. As you know, renton & eureka worked together on the nirvash. thats the perfect name.

Vycksta

*posts list again* A few have been named, it's called "ZOMG I CAN'T TAKE PEOPLE NAMING SHIPS THAT I HAVE WANTED NAMES FOR FOR AGES. @_@" *selfish to the max*

Candice x Courtney
Candice x Lucy
Candice x Sabrina
Cheryl x Clair
Cheryl x Jasmine
Cheryl x Kelly
Cheryl x Michelle
Crystal x Lady Berlitz
Cynthia x Lovrina
Domino x Michelle
Jasmine x Jupiter
Katie x Angela
Kelly x Angela
Mars x Cheryl
Mars x Marley
Melody x Candice
Melody x Cheryl
Melody x Clair
Melody x Jasmine
Melody x Lucy
Melody x Mars
Melody x Sabrina
Melody x Winona
Michelle x Bianca
Michelle x Candice
Michelle x Clair
Michelle x Roxanne
Roxanne x Courtney
Sapphire x Lady Berlitz
Solana x Michelle
Winona x Cheryl

Orenji-chan

magmajewel is love.
Crystal x Lady Berlitz, eh? Hmm, let me think of a few names that you could refer to it as! :D
And you, Vycksta, can choose which one you like the most!

Burushipping
Azureshipping
Azulshipping
AzulHairshipping

If you like any of those, are can use them! :3

Renami

Benevolence
Um...it's the time I think of a ship. Let's see:
DragonWillshipping - Lance x Leaf (FR/LG girl)
ChampionArcshipping - Lance x Steven x Wallace x Cynthia

Zadros

Incorrigible slacker
For Jasmine and Jupiter maybe Bronzeshipping? (Jasmine trains steel type and Jupiter has a Bronzor)
CherylxJasmine Lostforwordsshipping
CandicexCourtney Temperatureshipping or Landoficeshipping

Use them if you want. My first attempt at naming shippings.

Last edited:

Vycksta

I see some good names! *glee* I shall yoink Nirvanashipping, Bronzeshipping and Temperatureshipping with the haste... thanks for the help!

Orenji-chan

magmajewel is love.
I have some shipping names for the following:

Melody x Clair -- DragonSongshipping or MysicalMusicshipping
The explanation: Clair has dragon pokemon and Melody plays music and songs with that shell instrument. For the second shipping name, dragons are usually referred to as "mysical" creatures in fairytales and children sories. Music is well, what Melody plays.

Melody x Jasmine -- SteelNoteshipping or MaterialInstrumentalshipping
The explanation: Jasmine has mostly steel pokemon and notes are part of the "melody" that Melody plays. For the second one, steel is a material and the song is plays is from an instrument.

Melody x Mars -- FierySassyshipping
The explanation: Both seem kind of sassy and fiery in some weird way. I think they'd get along grand! :D

Last edited:

Alfonso

Derpgull
When thinking up shipping names, try to find something which the two characters have in common, or ANYTHING that can link the two. Sometimes it's hard, especially if you're not trying to make it generic sounding. Pokeshipping is the worst when it comes to sounding generic. :/ It could be *anything*.

But it's stuck so ah well. I say all this because people lately just stick two words together and call it a ship, which is bad practice for names. Try to be witty. I always bring up this when making this arguement, but one of my personal favorite pairings that I thought up was 'Kosanjishipping', which is Tracey x Butch. At first glance it seems nothing more than a fusion of 'Kosa' and 'nji' from Kosaburo and Kenji, their Japanese names. However it's also the Japanese 'Botch', which Tracey has addressed Butch also.

I dunno, I like it. Dumping two words together though, usually sounds bad and unoriginal. An example of this might be something like 'SteelDragonshipping', for something like Jasmine x Steven. Of course that's not it's proper name, I imagine it's proper name is something like Mineralshipping. But the example is akin to names I've seen being put forward in this thread, and I feel they could be better.

Just my feelings on the matter.

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
I dunno, I like it. Dumping two words together though, usually sounds bad and unoriginal. An example of this might be something like 'SteelDragonshipping', for something like Jasmine x Steven. Of course that's not it's proper name, I imagine it's proper name is something like Mineralshipping. But the example is akin to names I've seen being put forward in this thread, and I feel they could be better.
*psst* Jasmine/Steven is SteelCare. SteelDragon is Orange!Drake/Jasmine and Mineral is Brock/Jasmine.

But ultimately, if they're making suggestions for other people's wants, it's still up to the person they're suggesting for if they want the name. Can't say that for the ones making full submissions though. Creativity is hit-and-miss sometimes, and you go with what you thinks good at the time. People might even regret the wording later on.

Vycksta

Toran Frostbite said:
People might even regret the wording later on.
Like I do for FakeEvilshipping... dammit I abandoned that one-shot the day after I submitted that for Lovrina x Bianca. But it's way too late now; the ship name is over a year old. xD

*is very highly amused at swampert55's suggestion* So. Much. WIN.

@ Orenji: You're really giving me a lot of suggestions lately. ;D

EmberGryphon

Meowth Fanatic <3
Dialga x Palkia x Zapdos x Moltres x Articuno- Riftshipping? I dunno, seems like the sort of thing that would rip the space-time continuum. ^^()!
Melody x Jasmine- Brasshipping, maybe? Since brass is a kind of metal and a kind of intrument. =X
Melody x Lucy- Pungishipping's the only thing I could think of... Pungi being the instrument snake charmers play to 'hypnotise' snakes...
Michelle x Clair- I totally wanna dork out and say Pernshipping. Hooray, dragon trainers! *dodges bullet*

I only have one ship I'd like named, if anyone has any ideas. ^^()
Sidney x Flint

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
I only have one ship I'd like named, if anyone has any ideas. ^^()
Sidney x Flint
Slightedshipping. ^^; 'Cuz that's what I coined it before BMGf dropped off the radar. 8( Because they are constantly being underestimated and ignored and disliked, and it's not fair.

EmberGryphon

Meowth Fanatic <3
They are my two favorite human characters in the franchise, so I agree with you there. =3

Slightedshipping is a fine name. =D *maniaccuddles the ship*

Status
Not open for further replies.