• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"What's This Ship Called?"

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
♥~♥~♥ What's This Ship Called? ♥~♥~♥

Welcome! This thread is a place to query the names of shippings,
to suggest names for unnamed ships, and
to ask why a ship was named as it was.

The (In)Complete Shipping List

Best place for making submissions: Tumblr

Most importantly: look before you ask. If you cannot find what you seek, then please inquire away. Maybe you missed it, maybe it's not there. We forgive that.

How to Submit
So you wanna submit a new name, do you? Well, please follow these guidelines first!
  • Check that it hasn’t already been named, and that the name isn’t already in use. Here is where you want to look; remember that CTRL+F is your friend! Characters are listed males, females, Pokémon, then inanimates, with each category alphabetized.
  • Googling your ship name (“” around it will make Google search only for the exact term) + Pokémon is a good way to double-check that it’s actually free, and is much appreciated.
  • Submit the ship in the proper format! Put the name first, with Shipping capitalized, then a dash, then the characters. Again, male, female, Pokémon, inanimate, each category alphabetized. They are separated by commas except for the last two, which are separated by &.
  • If you are unable to think up of a name for yourself, you may ask for suggestions from other users. If you don't like any of the suggestions, you are free to say you don't like them until you are satifised with the name. Your pairing, your decision.
  • IF SOMEONE ELSE IS ASKING FOR SUGGESTIONS FOR THIER SHIPPING, you cannot definitively name it. You can only make suggestions to the seeker. If you try to name it, you will just look like a terrible person. If time lapses and no decision is to be made OR the person absolves themselves of responsibility for the couple in question, then we will see.

---

Got any questions or concerns? Contact either Meowth City or xEryChan

Last edited by a moderator:

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
Paul x Casey does have no name, right? I searched with the handy dandy ctrl + F and found nothing. So may I name it Prupleshipping?

pru not pur.

I posted in the onl thread why...but I shall post again. My friend was trying to print "purple" on a shirt and ended up printing "pruple" because she had to write backwards on the stamp. =D plus Purpleshipping was already taken.

~riolulu

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
It was my delightful, eye-burning project for the summer. Ran myself through that list one and a half times, trying to find every possible male/female and human/pogey that wasn't in the easiest searching format. And, yes, it's impossible to go through a list and make a rational call on slash, poly, and P/P pairings, since even in dom/sub order, it's all judgmental to begin with, so there's no avoiding the stress. One man's uke is another man's top, even in the same pairing, so 'by their submission' is good enough for me.

And Pruple's been submitted...with an explanation, because on the slim chance it gets recognized...people on the Bulbapedia won't bite my frickin' head off screaming, 'It's spelled PURPLE,' because they think I'm wrong when I'm bloody blue balls right (you should see my talk page). Sheesh.

I should totally disallow typos from this point forward, even when there's an explanation. Once drove me crazy enough; don't need round two of 'we say Luna's wrong...again'.

*~Kasumix~*

Starry-eyed...
Ok... I got a question! Is this thread ONLY for pokemon ships? Is this the ONLY anime that ends it's ships in 'shipping'? I mean seriously, Sasusaku, Inugkag, SangoxMiro, Naruhina (can't think of any other named ones from other anime right now... Brain fart.) don't end in shipping... or do they have alternative names???

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
This thread is solely dedicated to pokémon -shipping names. However, the only two fandoms I know of that put -shipping to common use is the YGO series (like, ALL of them; we're up to three series, boo) and the Golden Sun video game series. They might be used in the Warriors novel series, as I've seen that, but I don't know if they're used as excessively and the other three, and other fandoms make them up, but don't put then to serious use.

Couple terms come in equal sizes: the portmateau, the splice, the initial, and the numeral. A portmanteau is 'Tate' (Tony/Kate in the NCIS fandom), a splice is InuKag (Inuyasha/Kagome from Inuyasha), an initial is J/I (Jack/Ianto from Torchwood) and a numeral is 5x8 (Gojyo/Hakkai from Saiyuki). And there's also the simple classic formula: Brendan/Misty OR BrendanxMisty.

Some fandoms have cutsie terms. Harry Potter uses the informal "ship" list...literally. The most awesomest example is in place of Neville Longbottom/Luna Lovegood, it's represented as the 'HMS Government Stole My Toad', in honor of the British Navy's system of titling their boats (taken in good fun...mostly). The CSI: Vegas TV series...has the acronym GSR. Gil/Sara Romance OR Gun Shot Residue. Pokémon alsy uses shorthand acronyms, such as AAML and BADL.

But you don't need a list for all those in a fandom. They're just common sense with practical application.

darklord18

Is there a shipping for Mira and Max? I can't find it on the list. sorry if this sound weird.

darklord18

Ok then how about this
"Young psychic" as they both have psychic type, Mira has Abra and Max doesn't have one yet but he did promise Ralts he would come back for him. But if someone come up with better name free to say so. just this is my first shipping and the only one I like. It just feels weird shipping character that are how old. know what need. (sorry for bad spelling.)

Last edited:

darklord18

"Young psychic" as they both have psychic type, Mira has Abra and Max doesn't have one yet but he did promise Ralts he would come back for him. But if someone come up with better name free to say so.
That the reason I said that name.
There's also Cheeky, to reflect their personalities.
I don't understand what you means, can you please explain?
the only other names I can think of is.
"Kindhearted or caring" due to the way they care for there pokemon.
Can someone please help me think of a name.

Last edited:

Faerie

MONS
Hi! I'd like to give the name StokeShipping to the shipping of Volkner and Lucas (the male hero of DPP). "Stoke" as in to stoke a fire, inspired by Flint's comment when you challenge him: "You really lit a fire in that guy's heart!" (referring to Vokner). I was thinking TinderShipping, but that was already taken, so I went with this.

Tell me if it already has a name, but I ctrl + f'd at least twice both here and on the official site, so I'm pretty sure it is unnamed.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Okay, why is there no name for Arcanine x Arcanine (as in, two different Arcanine)? I mean, you'd think that someone would have shipped a pair of Arcanine by now, but no such luck.

Krys

SPPF's spammer
I was looking at your unnamed ship list so here are some suggestions:

Will & Lorelei: FourEyesshipping, because they are elites with glasses OR FirstPsychicshipping because they are the first in order of the Elite 4 and train the Psychic type.

James & Tucker: Purplebowshipping? They are gay (most likely) and have purple hair.

darklord18

Sorry to be a pain but can someone please help think of name for Max/Mira shipping, the only names I can think of is.
"Young psychics"
"Kindhearted"

And Toran Frostbite i still don't understand what mean when said that their personalities were Cheeky. Sorry if make me sound dumb.