1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

"What's This Ship Called?"

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by Toran Frostbite, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

One can dream lol. It would be nice, but I doubt it. Either way, you're probably right, it should wait until she's named. How long after XY's initial trailer did it take for Calem and Serena to be named?

2. Pockettoman

Pockettoman Member

Does ANYONE one here have ANY Ideas for the shipping names for these pairings?!?!?!

A. Pikachu X Mimikyu(Maybe AnniversaryShipping, If it HASN'T been taken already, or Something relating to the way Mimikyu wants to be as Popular as Pikachu, etc)
    B. Professor Kukui X Professor Juniper
    C. Hau X Lilly
    D. Male Sun & Moon Protagonist X Female Sun & Moon Protagonist
    E. Female Sun & Moon Protagonist X Hau
    F. Male Sun & Moon Protagonist X Lilly

3. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

It's highly likely that D will be AlolaShipping, as <region name>Shipping is usually reserved for the male and female PCs and potentially their rivals, like in Gen 2, 3, 5 and 6 before it. Shockingly, AnniversaryShipping is actually open.

4. Pockettoman

Pockettoman Member

Wow, Amazing. I can't wait to see what Names People will come up with for these shippings. BTW, What are YOUR ideas for said Shippings(Other than Female Sun & Moon Protagonist X Male Sun & moon Protagonist will be Alolashipping), and how do you feel about Mimikyu X Pikachu being called AnniversaryShipping, Let me know if you have an EVEN B-E-T-T-E-R Idea.

5. I've tried to look for Ash's Bulbasaur x Ash's Bayleef, but can't find anything... Could anyone here please have a look if a shipping name for this pairing exists? I'd like to write a oneshot (fanfic) about them where Bayleef falls for Bulbasaur after hearing that Ash fell for Misty, so I need to know the shipping name. :3

If not, I'd like to create a shipping name for it: LeafWhipShipping, because both of them know Razor Leaf and Vine Whip. I had some other ideas, but those were already taken on the giant lists of shippings, so I had to come up with something original. x3

Wow, I actually came back to Serebii after two years just for this question (and will leave again after getting an answer)... Unless I decide to post my new PokeShipping fic (not Bulbasaur x Bayleef-related) here... :p

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  6. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

I would personally wait until the protagonists have names before naming their pairings with others. AnniversaryShipping sounds fine, though I'm not entirely sure why you chose it.

The name for Bulbasaur x Chikorita is RazorLeafShipping or VineWhipShipping, though it presumably refers to any Bulbasaur and Chikorita. Amusingly, the official list has two different names, and I have no idea which is more common. Either way, there are no listings for Bulbasaur and Bayleef at all, Ash's or not. LeafWhip does appear open, I see no reason why you couldn't just coin the term here and now.

7. Thank you! And yeah, I assumed those were for any Bulbasaur and Chikorita, but those aren't going to work. It's about Bayleef here, not Chikorita, and it's specifically Ash's Bayleef and Bulbasaur. So shall we say LeafWhipShipping is official now? Is there any way we can add it to the list?

8. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

Submissions can be made over at http://pkmnshippinglist.tumblr.com/ and http://www.freewebs.com/incompletelove/apps/guestbook/. I have no idea which one is better suited, they both seem fairly active. Still, it may be a fair delay before they're actually added, as the Incomplete Nightmare hasn't been updated since February.

9. BubChan

BubChan Wonderwall

Hey guys! Long time no see, I missed creating pokémon shipping names, hopefully I'm almost totally back:

HawaiiForestShipping - Mallow & Male Sun & Moon protagonist
    WaterWarriorShipping - Lana & Misty
    HapunaShipping - Lana & Male Sun & Moon protagonist
    KilaueaShipping - Kiawe & Male Sun & Moon protagonist
    LanikaiShipping - Female Sun & Moon protagonist & Lana
    OihanaShipping - Female Sun & Moon protagonist & Mallow
    BurningRockShipping - Female Sun & Moon protagonist & Kiawe
    AquariumPlantShipping - Lana & Mallow
    IgneousPohakuShipping - Kiawe & Lana
    NaheleAhiShipping - Kiawe & Mallow

Also, is this still active?

10. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

Yeah, this thread is reasonably active for the time being.

As long as we're all submitting SM names, I'm going to suggest AlohaShipping for Ash x anime adaption of the female SM protagonist (who, presumably, will be his traveling companion in SM). Aloha is obviously Hawaiian-themed like the Alola region, but it's also the Hawaiian word for love. It's the same naming theme as AmourShipping, really.

11. Pockettoman

Pockettoman Member

12. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

13. Pockettoman

Pockettoman Member

14. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

15. BubChan

BubChan Wonderwall

16. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

17. Pockettoman

Pockettoman Member

it can't be serena, there's already a serena and she's from kalos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! > : (

18. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

He's referring to the theory in AmourShipping circles that Serena will join Ash in Alola, and that naming a pairing for Ash and his female traveling partner would be totally pointless in that case. I later suggested AlohaShipping for Ash and his female partner in Alola, as "aloha" is actually the Hawaiian work for "love" or "affection", similar to how "amour" is the French word for "love."

Totally different point from the above, but Serena was also the name of a Character of the Day in the Advanced Generation. They pretty much have to reuse names at some point. Hilariously, there was also a fanfic from 2006 about an OC named Serena falling in love with Ash when they were children. The more you know.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  19. Pockettoman

Pockettoman Member

I sure hope she does!!!!!!!!! Maybe she could make her Alolan Outfit to Resemble The Female Protagonist of Sun and Moon, as well as to Corralate with Ash's Alolan Outfit to Match the Male Protagonist of Sun and Moon. ^_^

20. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

This is a massive discussion, and this isn't the place for it. An anime or AmourShipping discussion thread might be better suited.

Back on topic, I noticed that despite its support, Clemont x science doesn't actually have a name in the database. I want to suggest ExplosiveFutureShipping for it.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016