1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

"What's This Ship Called?"

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by Toran Frostbite, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Peripuff

Peripuff Well-Known Member

For the go team leaders I would suggest PrimaryShipping, BirdShipping, LeaderShipping, TeamShipping, LegendShipping or ValourInstinctMysticShipping. I would also suggest GoShipping for the protagonist but I think that is already used. Is SkullShipping used yet?

2. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

I'm actually amazed neither are taken yet.

PrimaryShipping (Lance, Wallace & Cynthia), BirdShipping (Falkner & Lawrence III / Falkner & Winona), LeaderShipping (Archie, Cyrus, Giovanni & Maxie), TeamShipping (Bulbasaur & Squirtle), LegendShipping (Wallace & Cynthia), and GoShipping (May & Maylene) are all taken. ValourInstinctMysticShipping is free, and hilariously SkullShipping isn't taken yet. I vote to reserve SkullShipping for a Team Skull pairing.

3. Olive Oil

Olive Oil Bulbagarden Native

For Ash and Lillie...

I’ve heard UltraShipping floating around. I think Ultra sounds kind of dull, but who knows.

FlowerShipping is cool, but since it's already taken and since this is in Alola (Hawaii) we could make it a little more unique and go with LeiShipping. Leis are those flower necklaces that people are given on special occasions in Hawaiian culture. Lillie’s name sounds like lily, a flower and she seems like a resident of the island. Ash is a newcomer, whom would traditionally be given a lei necklace. Even better, in traditional Hawaiian music and poetry, couples are often referred to as lei.

It just sounded like it could work.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  4. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

I'm a fan of either one, actually. Ultra was probably derived from the idea that Lillie is an Ultra Beast, by the way. They both sound like good names.

5. Ilikepiex7

Ilikepiex7 Well-Known Member

So what will Ash x Lana be called? Ash has 3 female classmates so far he needs ship names for all 3 of them

6. Kyuu-Tales

Kyuu-Tales 織田信長☆FAN

MysticInstinctValorShipping seems sort of... blah to me? Personally, I'm quite partial to the far less straightforward ShockingFrostBurnShipping.

Seconded. How about Guzma x Plumeria, then? (She is the team admin, after all.)

*Has an idea.* Guys, guys--! You know what we should do? Give the Team Skull ships bone-related names! We can call Guzma x Gridion PlasterCastShipping, and Gridion x Plumeria UlnaRadiusShipping.

7. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

Please do note that saying a name isn't taken and saying it's good are two totally different things. I think we should wait a bit longer and get any and all suggestions for it.

That's an interesting idea. I think it's going to have to be played well, but it's certainly an option.

8. Kyuu-Tales

Kyuu-Tales 織田信長☆FAN

Some people have been submitting suggestions for various ship names through Neverending Romance | Incomplete Nightmare's Guestbook. Is it worth my giving it a shot?

9. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

Yeah, you might as well. That list hasn't been updated in like seven months though.

10. KungFuMaster

KungFuMaster KungFu Zen Mode

Ash x Lillie

SunlightShipping, BighatShipping, SolarShipping, WhitegirlShipping, more ideas?

11. Motor Bug2005

Motor Bug2005 Well-Known Member

I'd like to suggest UltraShipping and if it isn't already taken, AlolaShipping.

12. Ilikepiex7

Ilikepiex7 Well-Known Member

Ash x Lana

BlueBeltshipping they both wear blue and like belts

13. Kyuu-Tales

Kyuu-Tales 織田信長☆FAN

DarkParadiseShipping [Kukui x Guzma] confirmed! \(^o^)/ Yessir, it's practically official.

Okay, I'm going to leave a comment in Neverending Romance | Incomplete Nightmare's guestbook and submit some suggestions to their Tumblr. Anyone care to join me? (o >n0)b

[Update] I saw a Spark x Blanche referred to as Mystinct[Shipping] a little while ago. Could this be the start of something, I wonder...?

I'm going to suggest the Team Skull names I put forward previously, as well as the following:

- FrostBurnShipping => Candela x Blanche
    - ColdShockShipping => Spark x Blanche
    - ScorchingThunderShipping => Spark x Candela

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  14. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

SunlightShipping (Lucas & Solana) and SolarShipping (Bulbasaur & Gloom) are already taken. WhiteGirlShipping is a bit of an odd name, I'm not entirely sure if the community would embrace it.

<RegionName>Shipping is usually reserved for Male PC x Female PC or a variant. While I don't think it's official, it's usually presumed that AlolaShipping should continue the trend, like JohtoShipping, HoennShipping, UnovaShipping and KalosShipping before it.

Crazy logic, but I actually like the name. At any rate, it is free.

15. How about MegaEvo Shipping for Alan x Manon?

16. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

It's already named. MarissonShipping.

17. Motor Bug2005

Motor Bug2005 Well-Known Member

This ship already has a name: MarissonShipping.

edit: Greninja'd

18. Olive Oil

Olive Oil Bulbagarden Native

I originally wanted AlohaShipping for Ash and Lillie, but I've come to agree that it fits AshxMallow much better. Both of them have the appearance of Alolan natives, and, since Aloha is the Hawaiian word for love, it would work pretty well.

I also kind of second this name, though the belt part sounds a little odd. Both of their outfits are composed largely of the color blue, and any name based off of that connection could have some serious merit. Maybe BlueCoconutShipping. That sounds pretty Hawaiian.

Lastly, regarding AshXLillie, I still stand by LeiShipping for the reasons outlined a handful of posts above.

19. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

Honestly, if we all agree on the name, I'm going to make the submission.

We need to have a vote on this at some point.

20. Kyuu-Tales

Kyuu-Tales 織田信長☆FAN

Agreed: it would seem that potential ship names we as a community endorse have greater odds of being added to the list. =D