1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

"What's This Ship Called?"

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by Toran Frostbite, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Epicocity

Epicocity Well-Known Member

Is there a ship name for SawyerXMiette? I looked, but I couldn't find one anywhere.

If not, I'd like to suggest SlurpuffShipping, on account of both owning Slurpuffs. But tell me what I'd need to do exactly to formalize it if that's the case.

2. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

I'm actually surprised that there isn't a name yet. SlurpuffShipping is as good as any. When you want to make a submmission, you can do so here and here.

3. Epicocity

Epicocity Well-Known Member

Thanks. Went and submitted! Appreciate the help!

4. I don't know if there is one for this yet...

But for Flannery x Tabitha, I would say LavaShipping.

Lava = Lavaridge -> Flannery's hometown
    Lava = Magma -> Team Magma

Plus they both use fire types.

5. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

Already named, though it is a shared name. I have no idea which of the two is more common.
    VolcanoShipping - Charizard & Magmar / Tabitha & Flannery

6. SatoSere

SatoSere Well-Known Member

AshxMallow, Guacamoleshipping
    because she has a fruit as buddy and he has a pikachu.

7. Kelkbkb

Kelkbkb New Member

Ash x Mallow, MarshmallowShipping

C'MON GUYS, IT WORKS PERFECTLY

8. BubChan

BubChan Wonderwall

MarshmallowShipping is already in use by Lyra & Wigglytuff

9. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

GuacamoleShipping is already in usage by Lena & Lisia.

To my knowledge, we've all but named it AlohaShipping.

10. OriginalScream

OriginalScream Active Member

How about SmashmallowShipping?

"Sm" - Sun & Moon
    "ash" - Ash
    "mallow" - Mallow

11. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

The name is indeed free, though I'm not a fan of the name. It looks like "SmashMallow" instead of "SmAshMallow", which honestly just sounds like a double entendre to me.

12. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Ash x Lillie should be called silverswordshipping. It makes sense, seeing that silversword is a plant that grows near volcanoes.

13. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko Glimwood Tangle is Literal Dreamland

I agree. I think I get what they're going for here, but something about the name...well...just doesn't feel right I guess.

14. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

It's apparently native to Hawaii, too, and no where else. I honestly like the name just as a name. It is indeed free. Though, I should note that shipping names with "Silver" in them usually refer to a pairing with either Silver or Lyra.

15. Olive Oil

Olive Oil Bulbagarden Native

Since someone just brought up the idea of naming AshXLillie after a Hawaiian flower, I'll toss in a name I suggested on Bulbagarden (my home) back when we first started discussing this ship over there.

BelleoftheNightShipping

I dropped it pretty early because it seemed a little wordy for a main Ash ship, but I'll explain my logic anyway.

The Belle of the Night, or Hylocereus undatus, is a species of flower that is native to Hawaii, a flower that bears an noticeable resemblance to Lillie. Further, Lillie's character resembles what would traditionally be pictured as a Southern Belle, so having the word "belle" in the ship didn't seem out of line.

From here I must note that the rest of my argument is based on the possibility that Lillie is an Ultrabeast, which may or may not be the case in the anime. Regardless, the flower only blooms at night, hence the name, and since the idea of a human transforming into an Ultrabeast reminded me of the concept of a werewolf, and since this is Pokémon Sun & Moon, it seemed like naming the ship after a flower that only blooms at night was kind of poetic. Besides, Belle of the Night has a hint of mystery and what not which suited how Lillie sounds like she might be portrayed.

I also note that this ship name wouldn't have any real tie to Ash, though there are plenty of ship names that only derive from one part of the pairing.

Anywho, it still sounds, both here and on the other shipping communities, that no one name has gained any real traction yet. With SM's premiere only a little over four weeks away now, we might end up not having a name until after we actually see Lillie's character interacting with Ash on screen. Maybe then we'll find some tangible factor that can serve as real name-inspiration material.

16. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

Another name to add to the pile, I suppose. It would be good to have a formal vote for both Ash x Lillie and Ash x Mallow. I remember back when Amour was first starting up, there wasn't a formal name until about three weeks after the premier. The name we ended up adopting was suggested in the first few days, though.

17. Olive Oil

While I leave creating polls and such up to the brass, it would probably be helpful to everyone trying to keep track of proposed names if we had them all in one place.

Here's a list of all the names proposed here on just this thread for the three main Ash ships of Sun & Moon that we've been discussing here. I've now updated the list with the rationales behind the suggestions where possible.

Ash x Mallow
    AlohaShipping - After the Hawaiian word for "love".
    SmashmallowShipping - A combination of SM, Ash, and Mallow

Ash x Lillie
    GloveShipping
    AshlieShipping - A combination of Ash and Lillie
    AureliaShipping - After the genus for the Moon Jellyfish.
    UltraShipping - After Ultrabeast, which Lillie has been hinted to be.
    LeiShipping - After the floral necklaces that are presented to newcomers to the islands of Hawaii. Also the Hawaiian term for "couples".
    BigHatShipping
    SilverswordShipping - After a flower native to Hawaii that grows near volcanoes.
    BelleoftheNightShipping - After a flower in Hawaii that only blooms at night.
    LiliaShipping - After the Hawaiian word for "lily".

Ash x Lana
    BlueBeltShipping - Both characters wear blue and favor belts.

I'll keep this list updated as new names are proposed.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  18. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

Does that list include BMGf names too, or just SPPf? I didn't realize there were so few proposed names for Ash x Mallow. With less than a month before the SM launch, I don't think a poll would be too out of line. I'll go get the go-ahead from a mod if I can. Anyone have any final suggestions?

Actually, I think I'm going to add my own Ash x Lillie into the mix. LiliaShipping. It's the Hawaiian word for "lily".

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  19. Olive Oil

The list above is just for Serebii. Truth be told, Bulbagarden's shipping section is pretty quiet in the SM department, so there aren't any names there that aren't already my own proposals.

I did just put out a call to arms over on BMGf, letting them know that SM names for the main Ash pairs are starting to formalize towards a vote, so maybe they'll represent and provide a few suggestions of their own. If not, I'll at least provide a link to the poll over there whenever it's created so they can vote.

20. Power Up

Power Up ...

Ooh I got one for Mallow x Ash or Ash X Lillie whichever sounds better.

LunarShipping