• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"What's This Ship Called?"

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager

Bubbles18

The Crazy Eevee Lady
Does anyone know if Cynthia/Officer Jenny has a shipping name? I tried searching but it comes up empty. (I couldn't help it. I ended up shipping them).

And I feel like this is a stupid question - but the last time I was on here - I thought Pikachu/Piplup had been named BubbleBoltShipping yet its LightningPearlshipping? Did it get changed or did BubbleBoltShipping not stick?

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Does anyone know if Cynthia/Officer Jenny has a shipping name? I tried searching but it comes up empty. (I couldn't help it. I ended up shipping them).

And I feel like this is a stupid question - but the last time I was on here - I thought Pikachu/Piplup had been named BubbleBoltShipping yet its LightningPearlshipping? Did it get changed or did BubbleBoltShipping not stick?

There's no name for Cynthia and Officer Jenny, as far as I can tell.

I'm not entirely sure how long it's been since you were on here, but Pikachu & Piplup (Ash's & Dawn's) is listed as LightningPearlshipping on the earliest known archived copy of the list, dating back to October 11, 2011.

Bubbles18

The Crazy Eevee Lady
There's no name for Cynthia and Officer Jenny, as far as I can tell.

I'm not entirely sure how long it's been since you were on here, but Pikachu & Piplup (Ash's & Dawn's) is listed as LightningPearlshipping on the earliest known archived copy of the list, dating back to October 11, 2011.

Now I gotta figure out a shipping name for them.

It was about 2009 the last time I was on (I kind of dropped out of the fandom at the time). If I remember correctly - I think both BubbleBoltShipping and LightningPearlshipping was the two options for Pikachu/Piplup. Didn't realized LightningPearlShipping got the claim.

Thanks!

AmethystLeslie

DeepBondShipping

TikTok13

Oh, I have a title?
I'm guessing this was a suggestion, and if it was, it would be best to submit it over here.

Yeah, it was a suggestion - just a ship I came up with. Thanks. I don't know how long it'll take for the list to update, but I want to request to claim the ship once I've been a member for long enough

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Yeah, it was a suggestion - just a ship I came up with. Thanks. I don't know how long it'll take for the list to update, but I want to request to claim the ship once I've been a member for long enough

The list tends to update when it wants to update. You don't have to wait any amount of time before making a submission. For low-priority ships like this one, you can really just go and submit.

TikTok13

Oh, I have a title?
The list tends to update when it wants to update. You don't have to wait any amount of time before making a submission. For low-priority ships like this one, you can really just go and submit.

I've submitted it to the link that you provided, but by "really just go and submit" do you mean on that link, of on the forum?

Last edited:

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN

AmethystLeslie

Last edited:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Ok. Thanks a bunch.

By the way, do you know why it's called that?

Apparently, "Hagane" is the central character of an obscenely overpriced video game on SNES of the same name. Considering the lack of references to anything else, it's likely they the two are related in some way. It might have something to do with Riley being known for Steel-types and Hagane being a robotic ninja. The pairing was named prior to April 5 2007 as this post shows, though I can't find where, when or by whom it was named. It should also be noted that it is likely only the Japanese names of the characters were known when it was named. While certainly not a perfect composite by any means, it's not impossible to see a similarity between "Hyouta x Gen" and "Hagane."