• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"What's This Ship Called?"

Apparently, "Hagane" is the central character of an obscenely overpriced video game on SNES of the same name. Considering the lack of references to anything else, it's likely they the two are related in some way. It might have something to do with Riley being known for Steel-types and Hagane being a robotic ninja. The pairing was named prior to April 5 2007 as this post shows, though I can't find where, when or by whom it was named. It should also be noted that it is likely only the Japanese names of the characters were known when it was named. While certainly not a perfect composite by any means, it's not impossible to see a similarity between "Hyouta x Gen" and "Hagane."

I can see how both reasons make sense - the latter more than the former. I think it's a mix of both - the two names being merged in such a way because they both sounded similar to Hagane when together, and Hagane happened to be made of metal. Thanks!

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I can see how both reasons make sense - the latter more than the former. I think it's a mix of both - the two names being merged in such a way because they both sounded similar to Hagane when together, and Hagane happened to be made of metal. Thanks!

Yeah, I imagined that it was a hybrid. I should mention that the game wasn't obscenely expensive in 2007. It actually didn't have its jump until 2012 or so. In 2007, a copy would go for about $25. Now it's $500+. Still, there's no reason why it couldn't have just been named by a fan of an obscure game. Unfortunately, there probably won't be an answer better than this one, unless the original namer left a note somewhere.

So, would it be appropriate for us to start speculating on Soji and Makoto ship names yet?

I'm up for someone requesting 20thParallelUniverseShipping for me since I can't post it anywhere, but I'm also up for people giving their own name speculations!

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
So, would it be appropriate for us to start speculating on Soji and Makoto ship names yet?

I'm up for someone requesting 20thParallelUniverseShipping for me since I can't post it anywhere, but I'm also up for people giving their own name speculations!

I'd say that suggestions are good, but we might as well wait a little bit before making actual submissions.

I'd say that suggestions are good, but we might as well wait a little bit before making actual submissions.

Ok, that's fine! I just really like the way their designs work so well together aesthetic-wise :3

Plus, as I think I might've said somewhere before, I am a sucker for ships that have an introverted, serious person have their heart unlocked by an outgoing, happy-go-lucky person.

NPT

Just a member
It's a little too early to submit names for any pairing involving Makoto and Soji. I think we should wait until the movie comes out.

Last edited:
It's a little too early for submitting names for any pairing involving Makoto and Soji. I think we should wait until the movie comes out.

It was just a first idea tbh. I'll eat my Carbink plush if in July after the movie is released my name is actually picked.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
It was just a first idea tbh. I'll eat my Carbink plush if in July after the movie is released my name is actually picked.

Having names "picked" or a polling process like immediately prior to SM is actually pretty rare. Generally speaking, shipping names are a first-to-file affair. That said, if there's demand and reason for a poll, I'll gladly organize one.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I think Clemont/Bonnie's Dedenne and Sophocles' Togedemaru are very cute together (I checked the genders they are opposite one another). I know Togedemaru has a thing for Ash's Pikachu, thing is I've been loyal to LagoMorphShipping for a decade and that's never gonna change.

Need ideas for the shipping name.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I think Clemont/Bonnie's Dedenne and Sophocles' Togedemaru are very cute together (I checked the genders they are opposite one another). I know Togedemaru has a thing for Ash's Pikachu, thing is I've been loyal to LagoMorphShipping for a decade and that's never gonna change.

Need ideas for the shipping name.

So, we're at the point again where the list hasn't been updated in quite a while. There very well could have been a name submitted already that we simply aren't aware of. If I had to give it a bash, I would probably say ManasteelShipping, shamelessly ripped off from a Minecraft mod of all things. Still, I like it as a reference to their typing.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
So, we're at the point again where the list hasn't been updated in quite a while. There very well could have been a name submitted already that we simply aren't aware of. If I had to give it a bash, I would probably say ManasteelShipping, shamelessly ripped off from a Minecraft mod of all things. Still, I like it as a reference to their typing.
IIRC, I'm fairly certain no one's submitted a name for that pairing yet. ManasteelShipping sounds good to me.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Manasteel it is then.

Did you submit it yet Kyuu-Tales?

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
I can submit it if you need me to
Go ahead, Manqoba.

Have you seen hide or hair of those in charge of the masterlist? I'm really starting to get worried...

AmethystLeslie

I'm not entirely sure what the deal is. It's submitted, at any rate

From what I understand, their life gets in the way, and they're open to being PMed for any reason (I assume on Bulbagarden forums).

They are esm8m on Bulbagarden.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Haven't found a ship name for Dialga/Absol yet

Tempted to suggest TimeCrashShipping, as that is one disaster related to time

Yeah, it hasn't been named yet. TimeCrash is free and as good of a name as any. You should go and submit it.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
How exactly does one go about doing such a thing? (Tumble, apparently)

There's also nothing for Ash and Hareta from Diamond and Pearl Adventures

Yeah, the Tumblr would be the best option.

I don't think I've ever heard of Hareta before, but you're welcome to make a name for the pairing.