• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"What's This Ship Called?"

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Has anyone ever given thought as to what Emerald and Latios would be called?

Em x Latias is PointyHairShipping

Not to my knowledge. Do you have any suggestions?

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
I just started seeing updates posted to the Shipping Tumblr this morning.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Serena and Clemont's Pancham and Chespin is called ForetmeleeShipping

What does foret mean? Did they mess up forest?

While I can certainly see why you would think that, the word "foret" is likely supposed to be "forêt", the French word for forest. Granted, ForestMeleeShipping is unused, but the French name was chosen in reference to Kalos' rather obvious basis on France.

Hey! So I was just wondering - is there a ship name for Curtis x Yancy? If so, what is it and why?

Their pairing is ShiningStarShipping, likely in reference to their secret roles as the television celebrities in Gen V.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Why is Ash/Alain called CharizarditeShipping?

Ash doesn't have a Charizardite

Shouldn't that be the shipping name for Alain/Trevor?

And why is Alain part of MegaCreepyShipping (Alain, Conway & Dawn's Skirt)

The name refers to Alain much more than it does Ash. Though I'm not certain, I'd be willing to bet that the pairing was named well before Trevor get the Mega stone. And well before the League, for that matter. Alain/Trevor is currently unnamed, but you're welcome to make suggestions.

A lot of shipping names are named for the sake of naming them and making the list longer. Mega- is the prefix for Alain pairings, and the creepy aspect comes from Conway and Dawn's skirt. If you think that there's a logical reason for each pairing, you've obviously new to this community.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Watched the dub of Gladion's debut episode today. To me it seemed like he had a past he was running away from. Which would turn off most prospective mates, but I have a feeling Solidad might not care. We need a name for this ship. I had in mind NothingElseMattersShipping after the Metallica song I was playing when I decided I was gonna support this shipping (which also could refer to how Solidad might not care about Gladion's past). But if you can come up with a better name I'm all in.

Last edited:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Watched the dub of Gladion's debut episode today. To me it seemed like he had a past he was running away from. Which would turn off most prospective mates, but I have a feeling Solidad might not care. We need a name for this ship. I had in mind NothingElseMattersShipping after the Metallica song I was playing when I decided I was gonna support this shipping (which also could refer to how Solidad might not care about Gladion's past). But if you can come up with a better name I'm all in.

Solidad? The coordinator from the Advanced Generation?

Anyways, the name looks to be free, and it's as good as any.

Kiryn

What's the official name for Nurse Joy/Officer Jenny? Because I see at least 3 names for them on the list (Clone, Lilac, and Les), so I was wondering which is the right name to use for them?

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
What's the official name for Nurse Joy/Officer Jenny? Because I see at least 3 names for them on the list (Clone, Lilac, and Les), so I was wondering which is the right name to use for them?

Ah, this is a fun one. There's actually four names on the list, all likely originating before the standardization. In addition to Clone, Les, and Lilac, there's also PublicServantShipping. This topic was actually discussed on V2 of this thread way back in 2006, when taitofan stated that the most used in his experience was PublicServantShipping, though he wasn't sure if that was the most widely accepted. In 2012, the pairing was added to the Bulbapedia list of anime shippings as "LilacShipping", with the other names listed as formally recognized alternatives. Today, Lilac is easily the most popular name.