1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

"What's This Ship Called?"

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by Toran Frostbite, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

If Ash/Lisa (M21) doesn't have a name, perhaps...

Let'sGoShipping, or some variation

Because Ash has a Pikachu and Lisa has an Eevee

2. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

Well, the name is indeed free. Whether or not the pairing is, that's just a crapshoot by this point.

3. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

Just because two characters don't have romantic feelings toward one another has never deterred shippers before

PokéShipping, AdvanceShipping, whatever Dawn was, NegaiShipping, AureliaShipping...

Although WindFestivalShipping may be more appropriate, unless that's better saved for Largo/Someone From The Movie

There's also a "Get Race" event which may involve capturing a pokémon, and since Lisa is shown with an eevee, she and Ash may bond over that, leading to "GetRaceShipping"

Yet at the same time, there's also a character with a Sudowoodo who seems greatly involved, so it may be best saved for that ship...

Hm...I see why people tend to hold off on naming ships until after the thing ships are being made for is out, because events may conspire to make them quite awkward (I'm looking at you, PokéShipping)

Patience, shippers, we'll have our chance...

4. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

?

I wasn't commenting about the compatibility of the characters. That's something far beyond the scope of the Neverending Romance project. What I meant was that there's no guarantee that the pairing hasn't been given a de facto name already. When the list is this far behind, it can be very hard to tell. Hence, the pairing might not still be free to name.

It's actually very common for major pairings to be named before their respective media has premiered, and in the case of the anime, far before it has concluded. The pairings originally anticipated to be major in SM, AureliaShipping, AlohaShipping, and BlueAngelShipping, were all named by poll on this very thread, and before the anime series itself began. AmourShipping was formally named about two weeks after the XY series began, though the name was in common usage before then. The poll was little more than a formality, honestly. NegaiShipping was first suggested on July 6, 2010, and a poll was put together soon after. That poll closed on the 27th, and the first episode of Best Wishes didn't air in Japan until September 23rd. WishfulShipping was named by poll somewhere between September 19th and October 3rd, though really, the name was looking for a pairing, not the other way around. WishfulShipping was a leftover name from the Ash x Iris poll that gained a significant amount of popularity and just barely lost. People were discussing the name for Cilan x Iris at a point when Cilan was only a silhouette. I don't know for certain when or how PearlShipping was named, but the original Serebii thread started on July 19, 2006, and the name seemed to be established and accepted by then. The Diamond and Pearl series itself didn't begin until September 28th of that year.

Twilight-Kun likes this.
  5. Victorian Rush

Victorian Rush Guardian of Love

Is there a name for Kiawe & Mallow?

345ash-greninja likes this.
  6. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

Officially, it's NaheleAhiShipping. Good luck finding anyone using that name though. A lot of people have been using "SpiceShipping" but it was never actually free in the first place.

7. Victorian Rush

Victorian Rush Guardian of Love

Ahh, I see. I don’t care for its name. If it wasn’t named, I’d suggest something better.

8. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

It's apparently Hawaiian for "forest fire." Kyuu-Tales named the pairing.

9. shoz999

shoz999 Do you play competitive bro?

I suppose I'll give this another try. Bill and Daisy, what would you call this ship? The hypothetical canonized ship that could be possibly listed as a Bulbapedia article as a resource kind of ship. Something a lot of Adventure fans could agree on.

[​IMG]

10. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

Daisy Oak, correct? That's already TeaShipping. Has been since 2007, apparently. It's been on the to-do list for Project Shipping on Bulbapedia since 2009.

11. shoz999

... BY THE SIX HOLY TENTACLES OF HELIX! THAT IS THE PERFECT NAME! Seriously though I am actually pretty surprised by this revelation. Thank you for this bit of information, this has honestly been bugging me for a while.

12. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

That's what we're here for, I'm glad it helped! When was the last time you asked in this thread, anyways? It's been named for at least 11 years now.

13. shoz999

Never have asked around on this section, I'm actually fairly new to the ship community... sort of anyway. As for the 11 years thing, I tried searching it up online but with no clear results. This is the first time someone gave a clear answer.

14. Manqoba

Manqoba MultiShipper

Ah, gotcha bud. Well, welcome aboard! For future reference, there's a list of all formally named and recognized shippings here. It hasn't been updated in quite a while, though. SM was brand new and Obama was still President when the last new post was made. Still, for most pre-SM pairings you'll be able to find exactly what you're looking for on here. Or ask about it on this thread. It's been nearly two months since someone posted on here so it helps justify our existence