1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

"What's This Ship Called?"

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by Toran Frostbite, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Eternal Draconic

Eternal Draconic Bad mushrooms!

Now, for Multiway ship of epicness...

N x White x Black x Cheren.

In my mind, White-centric. What name it?

2. Rai Marshall

Rai Marshall Wandering sheriff

If anyone doesn't mind me asking, but I was wondering if N x Hilda/White has a shipping name.

I don't support this shipping myself. Rather I was browsing DeviantArt and noticed that some people were calling it FerrisWheelShipping, yet when I look at the list, there is no shipping with such a name. So I was just curious.

3. It doesn't look like that particular foursome has a name...
    These are the only named Unova-group pairings I know of:

Hilbert/Cheren/Bianca/N - Harvard
    Hilbert/Cheren/Hilda/Bianca - Unova
    Hilbert/Cheren/Hilda/Bianca/N - Vuvuzela

So feel free to suggest one?
    I could be overlooking something though...

It's FerrisWheelshipping, and it's there:
    [IMG139]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9146/ferriswheelshipping.png[/IMG139]
    There's so many ship names; they can be easy to overlook. ^^

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  4. Rai Marshall

I have no idea how I could have missed that, because I had used my browser's search engine in an attempt to locate it. I'm guessing it wasn't added to this thread or on Bulbapedia, or maybe I'm just being a failure at searching for things...

Well, thanks anyway.

5. Toran Frostbite

Toran Frostbite Highrise Above All

Bulbapedia's list hasn't been updated in four years (but they do have a sparse article on it). The list here hasn't updated in three. It's simply gotten too big for any place to handle it properly (seriously trying to fix this, but, it's tough). Ten thousand+ lines long... x_X

Hope you were using -Shipper in your search and not -Shipping. :3

6. Eternal Draconic

7. Rai Marshall

No, I use the names of characters to search. Anyway, real shame on that.

And to be more exact, the one on Bulbapedia was last updated three years ago, not four.

8. Toran Frostbite

Last official update. Everything afterward was changing character names and playing around with the warnings and stuff. Four years.

9. Rai Marshall

Alright, alright, I was just being quick.

10. Rai Marshall

I assume that this is also the thread to ask for an unnamed shipping to be uh, named?

I was thinking of Red (game) x Farfetch'd. I'm not quite sure why, but I think it might stem from the fact that I am willing to give up a Spearow (who would technically be far more stronger and more useful than a Farfetch'd) over a Farfetch'd. Of course, story-wise, it would be Red who would be willing to take a Farfetch'd over a Spearow. I looked at the more recently updated list, I don't think there is such a ship.

If someone is gonna think of a name, then I would suggest reading On the Origin of Species: Farfetch'd first. It gives perfect insight on the role Farfetch'd had in Gen I, and I agree with it entirely...

11. ZealousZombie

ZealousZombie Member

I saw someone call Cilan's Pansage and Iris's Axew Fruittreeshipping and I just wanted to see if it could be made official. :p

I can't seem to find a name for IrisxCilanxAsh though... ^^;

12. Eternal Draconic

The game. What about JoeyxRattata?

13. Toran Frostbite

It's called TopPercentageshipping.

14. Eternal Draconic

That is exactly what I would have named it.

15. legandlover989

legandlover989 Its now or never

Is there a "Leafeon and Flareon" name yet

16. Toran Frostbite

Every eeveelution/eeveelution is named. It's SingedLeafshipping.

17. Do you mean only ones that are on the B/W list? Because if not, there seem to be quite a few on the A-K and L-Z lists. AbelhaShipping, AbsintheShipping, BeetleShipping, and so on, are tagged Arti. I don't know if you just haven't changed it from the Japanese name yet, but it's there.

... I'm sorry D:

Also,

18. Toran Frostbite

I mean anything on the current list that starts with Arti-(minus Articuno and obviously isn't Arti/Burgh, because those are now corrected). Because I mass-corrected. =X Again.

It /was/ Burgh, when I did the localizations, but something screwed up, and I had to copypasta, and apparently forgot about him the second time.

There was a stray "Kamitsuru", too, that's been fixed.

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  19. Rai Marshall

So, I take it that I'm either being ignored entirely or that people proposing new ships have to name them themselves?

Not trying to be rude.

20. Toran Frostbite

People are always free to give suggestions, but if they can't think of any, that's not their fault and no one should be criticized for it. If that's considered "ignoring"...

Because giving it a second look, the only thing /I/ can think of is Pekingshipping. Probably not the best choice.