• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"What's This Ship Called?"

esm8m

Pokémaniac
I assume that this is also the thread to ask for an unnamed shipping to be uh, named?

I was thinking of Red (game) x Farfetch'd. I'm not quite sure why, but I think it might stem from the fact that I am willing to give up a Spearow (who would technically be far more stronger and more useful than a Farfetch'd) over a Farfetch'd. Of course, story-wise, it would be Red who would be willing to take a Farfetch'd over a Spearow. I looked at the more recently updated list, I don't think there is such a ship.

RareShipping/RarityShipping? Farfetch'd is rare, and so is a master at the level of Red. Unfortunately, those might be taken, so I'll need to do a bit more looking around before it can be official.

And typical two update check... I didn't see the new update was up until yesterday, which is why it is late.

Bulbagarden Forums (January 26 - May 20)

Believeinlegendaryshipper - Max & Paige
KiaiShipper - Marshal & Candice
ShawlShipper - Giima (Grimsley), Dawn, Lucas, Morty & Barry

Notes
FreedomShipper - N (BW) & Bianca (on Black and White list but not main list)

I assume these will go under untouchables once that gets updated:
LunaHivern'sPrayersHaveBeenAnsweredShipper - Mr. Araragi x Makomo
Drayden and his beard NoRazorIsGoodEnoughForYouMyPreciousShipping
CrackShipToEndAllCrackShipsShipper: N/Ghetsis/Braviary/Mr. Briney/Looker

I'm assuming these are rejected/untouchable:
TechnologyIsAmazingShipping: The Fat Guy Who Thinks Technology Is Amazing (Pallet Town) & The Fat Guy Who Thinks Technology Is Amazing (New Bark Town)
InfiniteRareCandyShipping: OLD MAN (Viridian City) & Missingno.

That French Forum (Sept 26 2010 - May 20 2011)

KillThemAllShipper - Morrison & Max
Ln(3)Shipper - Conway & Sheena
TreeSleepShipper - Morrison & Iris

Notes:
You have these in the Black and White list but not the main list:
HelixNebulaShipper - Mars & Skyla
MascheraShipper - Looker & Professor Juniper
SiemensShipper - Cheren & Elesa
SkyDreamersShipper - Jackie Walker & Fennel

"Legendary Muses" on Fanfiction.net (January 26 - April 25)

Nothing!

List's Guestbook (January 26 - May 20)

Notes

Lucas & Kris ? MinorCameoShipping
Marley & Barry - NothingInCommonShipping (These two were submitted, you gave suggestions, nothing back)
SailingSweetheartShipper --- Crystal x boy!Yellow (Will this go on the transgender list when that is updated?)

Serebii Forums (January 26 - May 20)

Notes
CharmingLadyShipper - Lady Weavile (from Team AWD) & Lopunny (from Team Charm) (from past check - you said 'it was a mistake' - does that mean it wasn't actually supposed to go on the list?)

General notes:

FollowerShipper - Ash & Mijumaru (Ash's) (Mijumaru -> Oshawott)
ScientificShipper - Professor Juniper & Fennel (On BW list, not main list)

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
And typical two update check... I didn't see the new update was up until yesterday, which is why it is late.
;*o*; You could have waited until the cows come home; I wouldn't have cared. You're still the best. *hug* *is still horribly mystified by your work*

\o/ And I didn't do so badly this time!

*I think I ignored TechnologyIsAmazingShipping and InfiniteRareCandyShipping. If I do keep them, Untouchables. The other three are def slated for there, when it's updated.

*CharmingLady I'm pretty sure I mistakenly forgot (again)? *looks into it, d'oh* ...An accidental miss. D8 I did it again?? ._.

*Kris/Lucas became Glimpseshipping. =) So MinorCameo's a free name again

*Turns out Marley/Barry was IcedCoffeeshipping all along; it turns out I had it listed as "Marley & Barry". It's been fixed.

*SailingSweetheartShipping will, yeah, be on the transgendered list...I'm pretty sure I have it noted somewhere. *billion half-empty ex-update .docs*

*HUGS* ILU so much. TTvTT

Eternal Draconic

Bad mushrooms!
What about.... NxCynthia?

esm8m

Pokémaniac
;*o*; You could have waited until the cows come home; I wouldn't have cared. You're still the best. *hug* *is still horribly mystified by your work*

Ah, thank you. Just a quick note - it doesn't look like you noted FreedomShipper as being needed to add to the main list.

And I don't know if you saw the Spanish forum I linked in my past post as possibly having taken RareShipping. Either way, I glanced through it (I need to keep my Spanish skills half-decent, anyway), and found this:

In general, they seem to have some idea about the list but not an entire one. They have a very outdated version of the list, and mainstream names are generally correct. However, oddball ships almost never come up, and when they do, go by pretty much any name they want. A good example is when someone asked for the name of Pikachu x Buneary (in 2008, so it was well established) - the mod closed the thread saying (Translated) "There isn't a specific one decided. Both [LagomorphShipping and ConeraShipping] are official, because it's called both."
Luckily, they stick to the mainstream ships, and don't name lot of ships. This is all I found that wasn't obviously a duplicate (though there were plenty of those, too):

RareShipper - James & Pikachu
SongmonShipper - Typhlosion & Mawile

Notes:
BizarreShipper - Ash & Professor Oak (I know we already have Ash & Sammy, so I don't know if this counts as a duplicate or not.)
CornyShipper - Ash & Daisy (Thread didn't say which Daisy, further searching shows that it was used in a Spanish fanfic referring to Cerulean Daisy.)
EvolutionShipper - Magikarp & Gyarados (A Google search implied it has already been adopted as a name for Umbreon & Espeon, unfortunately. Oh dear.)
GreenbadgeShipper - Green & Lyra (Denoted as "from HGSS, obviously", so I think this is a duplicate.)

I've saved the posts these come from, if you want to look at them.

And, finally, a suggestion for Falkner & Leaf for your list:
RaccoonSuitShipping/SuperLeafShipping (from the powerup in the Mario series - you need a leaf to get it and it lets you fly)

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
Ah, thank you. Just a quick note - it doesn't look like you noted FreedomShipper as being needed to add to the main list.
And this is why I keep phailing. *fixes that right now*

And I don't know if you saw the Spanish forum I linked in my past post as possibly having taken RareShipping. Either way, I glanced through it (I need to keep my Spanish skills half-decent, anyway), and found this:

In general, they seem to have some idea about the list but not an entire one. They have a very outdated version of the list, and mainstream names are generally correct. However, oddball ships almost never come up, and when they do, go by pretty much any name they want. A good example is when someone asked for the name of Pikachu x Buneary (in 2008, so it was well established) - the mod closed the thread saying (Translated) "There isn't a specific one decided. Both [LagomorphShipping and ConeraShipping] are official, because it's called both."
Luckily, they stick to the mainstream ships, and don't name lot of ships. This is all I found that wasn't obviously a duplicate (though there were plenty of those, too):

RareShipper - James & Pikachu
SongmonShipper - Typhlosion & Mawile

Notes:
BizarreShipper - Ash & Professor Oak (I know we already have Ash & Sammy, so I don't know if this counts as a duplicate or not.)
CornyShipper - Ash & Daisy (Thread didn't say which Daisy, further searching shows that it was used in a Spanish fanfic referring to Cerulean Daisy.)
EvolutionShipper - Magikarp & Gyarados (A Google search implied it has already been adopted as a name for Umbreon & Espeon, unfortunately. Oh dear.)
GreenbadgeShipper - Green & Lyra (Denoted as "from HGSS, obviously", so I think this is a duplicate.)

I've saved the posts these come from, if you want to look at them.
o_O Nope, I did not see this before. *runs through google translate* And given Umbreon/Espeon is already officially Nightlight, Gyarados/Magikarp can be Evolutionshipping. It's only one person pushing the name. *grr*

Bizarre technically counts, since, despite being the same person, they're different personas.

Greenbadge is a duplicate, yeah. ... Could always manga-size it.

I think I have to get my butt on this forum. ;;;;; *spends forever trying to write a letter that makes lingual sense* Knew I should have paid attention in class more. But it does look like Rareshipping (and Songmonshipping) are now claimed.

And, finally, a suggestion for Falkner & Leaf for your list:
RaccoonSuitShipping/SuperLeafShipping (from the powerup in the Mario series - you need a leaf to get it and it lets you fly)
The tanooki suit! 8D I shall consider this!

Last edited:

Eternal Draconic

Bad mushrooms!
It's nameless as far as I'm aware (( Which is kinda sorta slightly bizarre considering the amount of named N ships there are )), so fire away with suggestions.

I dub thee... ThickluscioushairShipping! :club:

esm8m

Pokémaniac
I think I have to get my butt on this forum. ;;;;; *spends forever trying to write a letter that makes lingual sense* Knew I should have paid attention in class more.

I know Spanish decently well, so I'm more than happy to help, if you'd like.

And submissions:

AncientTombShipper - May & Registeel
DesertRuinsShipper - May & Regirock
IslandCaveShipper - May & Regice

All based on the places you catch the Regis in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
"Hair" is just frowned on due to so many people seem to thing that hair and clothing are back-up plans, because there isn't enough thinking outside the box. "I can't think of anything except that they're both red heads!" or "Hey, they both wear khaki shorts!" That's just being lazy. :B *always needs to have that explained; otherwise, it seems too random*

Eternal Draconic

Bad mushrooms!
"Hair" is just frowned on due to so many people seem to thing that hair and clothing are back-up plans, because there isn't enough thinking outside the box. "I can't think of anything except that they're both red heads!" or "Hey, they both wear khaki shorts!" That's just being lazy. :B *always needs to have that explained; otherwise, it seems too random*

Fine, Fine..... Shampooshipping!

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
Fine, Fine..... Shampooshipping!
*gavel* Sold!

Now someone find me some people to call Luciousshipping. =O That cannot go to waste.

I know Spanish decently well, so I'm more than happy to help, if you'd like.
Ah ha. ^^;; *sheepish* I already bumbled my way through it (what really is the point of making language mandatory if you're not going to remember 99% of it after your classes are done?). Turns out the moderator of the section does speak English (I get spoiled rotten when this happens), and gave her the website. *head scratch* So hopefully, that'll work out for them. Maybe it'll get us another contact point. Maybe.

*needs a giant, international hub station*

Cynthia x Elesa x Skyla? /nuked
***. Maybe just Cynthia/Elesa. XD All the blonde a person could stomach.

I know that Pokéspecial!RedxGreen is Originalshipping, but what about game!RedxGreen? Neither of the names I've heard were used for it are on the list.

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
I know that Pokéspecial!RedxGreen is Originalshipping, but what about game!RedxGreen? Neither of the names I've heard were used for it are on the list.
1) What names have you heard?
2) It's called Namelessshipping...no, seriously.

1) What names have you heard?
2) It's called Namelessshipping...no, seriously.
Actually, that was one of them, along with Masarashipping. I didn't see it on the Serebii list, but when I checked the official list after, it was there. What kind of name is that? D:

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
Actually, that was one of them, along with Masarashipping. I didn't see it on the Serebii list, but when I checked the official list after, it was there. What kind of name is that? D:
One that came about because it was nameless for the longest time. It's not a great name, but it's a good example of how something can be overlooked. (Or just never made it to us; I refuse to believe no one named it before then.)

Masara came about when Red was split into two different versions: (classic) and (Fire). Given his popularity in either case, however, they were combined into one person (game), for the sake of that popularity. Otherwise, Red and his million 'ships would be doubled. It wasn't worth the anxiety of it. Masara's currently defunct, but technically an alternate name.

One that came about because it was nameless for the longest time. It's not a great name, but it's a good example of how something can be overlooked. (Or just never made it to us; I refuse to believe no one named it before then.)

Masara came about when Red was split into two different versions: (classic) and (Fire). Given his popularity in either case, however, they were combined into one person (game), for the sake of that popularity. Otherwise, Red and his million 'ships would be doubled. It wasn't worth the anxiety of it. Masara's currently defunct, but technically an alternate name.
That makes sense. I personally prefer MasaraShipping over the official name, but oh, well. Thanks very much for the help as well as the insight. :)

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
That makes sense. I personally prefer MasaraShipping over the official name, but oh, well. Thanks very much for the help as well as the insight. :)
Sadly, Masara was the later-coined name. Those usually are the ones to go. =o

Hi, just wondering if there was a ship name for Iris and her Excadrill? Any suggestions from anybody because my sister insists on calling it "DrillRunshipping". I would like other options though.
It's already called Taladradorashipping. Spanish for "Drill."