1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

"What's This Ship Called?"

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by Toran Frostbite, Aug 27, 2008.

1. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

Ohh alright XD

Erhm..sounds a lil' too long..how long can we have the name? nya~

2. Toran Frostbite

Toran Frostbite Highrise Above All

Marbleshipping.

*now comes equipped with a GL name table. *o* It's so handy~*

One-word names can be as long as you want (since most aren't that long), and Encourage is a comfortably-lengthed word.

It's when you start piling on more words that it starts giving the illusion that it's too long. "Concise" is what you're looking for; "compact" is getting concise at the smallest rate possible without looking long or wordy.

....;.; Anyone else know how to explain what I'm getting at? *will take essay-length answers*

3. Toran Frostbite

Fashionable is already taken. That said:

SoulTrainshipping for Lyra and the subway twins, y/n?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  4. PrismaticPrincessAnna

Yeah, I like it too :D So are we gonna agree wit' this? nya~

So whats gonna happen to CatFace Shipping?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  5. Toran Frostbite

Elesa/Lyra's got nothing to do with Emmet/Ingo/Lyra.

CatFace will be added once the list is updated (in a month).

Vy seems sold on Entourage for Elesa/Lyra, unless PPL can convince her otherwise or summat. You two'll figure it out.

And I'll just use Galvanize for something awesome. :3

6. PrismaticPrincessAnna

So we're cool choosing Encourage Shipping? nya~

7. Emp

Emp Well-Known Member

Hi, dunno if this is the right place to post, but is there a ship for Harley/Conway? Both are creepy rivals with eccentric taste in Pokémon so I'd be surprised if they hadn't been paired before now o3o

8. JetshipperKekkaishi

JetshipperKekkaishi High School DxD Fanatic

Is there names for
    Hilbert/Misty
    Ash/Solidad
    Hilbert/Dawn
    Black(Special)/Platina

9. ^Hilbert/Misty is Mysterioushipping
    Ash/Solidad is Releasedshipping.
    Hilbert/Dawn is Flashlightshipping.
    And Black/Platina is Limelightshipping.

10. JetshipperKekkaishi

JetshipperKekkaishi High School DxD Fanatic

Oh. Thanks a lot.

11. ^ About Black/Platinum ... I kinda pointed out a while ago that it was listed as both Becloud- and LimelightShipping. And the list doesn't seem to be reflecting this, so yeah. >_>

12. Toran Frostbite

Because I did the stpidest thing and missed it. Or forgot. *has noted somewhere* Good news is, Limelight's the correct name. *been finding a LOT to remove, lately; fits in well*

13. Meowth City

Meowth City ♥ Shipper ♥ Staff Member Moderator

Alright, I like it ;)

Btw, is there a shipper name for Elesa and Zebstrika?

14. esm8m

esm8m Pokémaniac

It's probably a little early for the two-update check, since you did a sweep for the first of these two, but I wanted to take advantage of the summer, so here you go:

Bulbagarden Forums (May 20 - August 9)

I'm guessing these are all for the untouchables...
    AdversityShipper - Cilan's hair & Misty's scrunchy
    ArsonAffairShipper - Misty's scrunchy & Ash's Hoenn hat
    TotallyCanonShipper - Dawn's hat & May
    WireHairShipper - Cilan & his food
    BaconDileShipper -Ash's Tepig & Sunglasses Krokorok's sunglasses
    RuthlessMiddleAgedPeopleShipper - Greevil, Ghetsis & Hunter J
    ATrollUnderTheBridgeShipper - Kyurem, Mirakle B. & Rattata
    AllBlackNoWhiteShipper - Lenora, Dahlia, Marshal & Brock
    ContinentalShiftShipping - Regigigas & Escape Rope
    CreepyOldDudesWithSweetGlassesShipper - Evice, Charon, Dr. Zager & Ghetsis

List's Guestbook (May 20 - August 9)

None!

"Legendary Muses" on Fanfiction.net (April 25 - August 13)

Notes
    YouDigustMeshipper - N (BW) & Paul (I know it was submitted this way, but should it be disgust?)

Shipping Paradise (May 20 - August 12)

CrimsonSentryShipper - Chili & Leaf
    GothicLolitaShipper - Marley & Gothorita

Serebii Forums (May 20 - August 9)

Notes
    LunaHivern'sPrayersHaveBeenAnsweredShipper - Mr. Araragi x Makomo (Rejected? This would be the second time missed.)

General Notes

Where'sKlangShipper - N (BW) & Klink / N (BW) & Klinklang (Weren't you going to reduce this to just N & Klingklang?)
    DemHipsShipper - Ariana Clair, Dahlia & Professor Juniper (Doesn't this need a comma?)
    PerfumeShipper - Erika & Brock / Erika & Misty (Doesn't the first one need to be the other way around?)
    RandomnessShipper -Alder & Prima (Lorelei) (Needs another space)

SSBShipper - Jigglypuff & Pikachu
    SmasherShipper - Pikachu & Jigglypuff (Smasher is older)

To be removed:
    AlluringWhiskerShipper - Kojondo & Liepard (was Maculicollis first)
    RuijiShipper - Red (game) & Hilbert (was Blackjack first) (Hasn't been done yet...)

EverlastingTasteShipper - Conway & Burgundy
    FreakStalkerShipper - Conway & Burgundy

HelpI'veGotCrabsShipper - Aaron (elite) & Misty (not moved yet)

InnerBeautyShipper - Ruby & Mimi (Feebas)
    TravailShipper - Ruby (Special) & Mimi (Milotic) (I think InnerBeauty came first - Guestbook May 24 vs. claim starting July 9 on Shipper Paradise)

BeautyBeastShipper - Bianca & Hydreigon
    VagaryShipper - Ghetsis & Bianca (Shouldn't these be tagged with (BW)?)

SexysexysexyShipper - Ingo & Genosect (Genesect)

The tagging on Ruby is very inconsistent - sometimes just Ruby, sometimes Ruby (Special).

PokedexHoldersShipper - Red (Special), Green Oak, Gold (Special), Silver (Special), Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Black (Special), Cheren, Blue (female), Yellow, Crystal, Sapphire, Platinum Berlitz, White & Bianca (BW) (Gen infinite, right?)

TowerDecorationShipper - Silver Shield & Shield (Isn't it supposed to be Gold Shield...?)

15. Toran Frostbite

*can never stop saying she loves you*

InnerBeauty's with Feebas. Travail is with Milotic. Had InnerBeauty in mind when helping name Travail. Never really had a case with named pogeys and evolutions before, but I treat them the same way with unnamed evolved pogeys, because named pogeys still need a species tag.

<.< TowerDecoration accidentally got its Gold ripped off when I went to erase the (Special) tag on it.

I didn't add the ones with inanimate objects for those are eventually going to be added to their own separate list and removed entirely, elsewhere.

I have NO idea how I lost CrimsonSentry and GothicLolita. I'm looking at them on my compilation list right now, so I didn't accidentally delete them (used auto-alphabetize, too). =\ I don't get it.

Trying to remember how racist I thought AllBlackNoWhite is and what I was going to do with it, if I was going to do anything with it (and why do I want Marshal/Dahlia now? Also, never been more glad BlackSoul is taken). I can't remember.

Did wonder what looked wrong with YouDigustMe, but for the life of me, 9.9 I could not figure out what. *English PHAIL*

Thought I removed EverlastingTasteshipping. 9.9

LunaHivern'sPrayersHaveBeenAnswered - rejected (he was a minor troll, suppose my message on it was vague to its initial submission)

The Ruby (Special) tag was noted and erased after I updated (except in the case of Grapefruitshipping).

The (gen infinite) tag was noted and added after I updated.

The space in Randomness was found and fixed after I updated.

HelpI'veGotCrabs was noted and removed after I updated. (Further note: did update the Untouchables, with this and the other three you listed for here on it. Turns out it just didn't get published for public viewing. Meaning I'm on the website. Meaning I'll probably force myself to do something ninjaish.)

16. Meowth City

If I'm allowed to suggest some names, then I was wondering if any of these would work:

StrikingBeautyShipping - pretty obvious.
    ElectricRideShipping - Since you ride a horse and the rollercoasters in Elesa's gym.
    StripedShipping - cuz they both have striped patterns. Probably not specific enough, though.

17. Toran Frostbite

Now see, here's how naming 'ships works (well, sorta; got a billion little things to remember). You brought up the couple, and that means you can give it its new name. Whatever you think is best, unless you want an opinion from others. Because yes, all of those would work.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  18. Meowth City

Well, thanks. I'm pretty new at this, so yeah, I did want to get some opinions from others to see what everyone else thought.

19. esm8m

esm8m Pokémaniac

...How did I miss that?

Here's an opinion:
    I would go with StripedShipping, personally. Shorter is better, in my opinion.

Something odd I found on the list:

DarkMotherSocietyShipper - Karen & Delia Ketchum
    SacrilegeShipper - Brandon & Delia Ketchum (Only ones with her last name)

...And my own submissions:

GameBoyShipper - Red (Game), Ethan (Hiro) & Brendan
    MountainShipper - Red (Game) & Jigglypuff
    PartlyCloudyShipper - Archie & Rayquaza
    PartlySunnyShipper - Maxie & Rayquaza
    QuasarShipper - Ash & Jirachi
    XenolithShipper - Ash & Regirock
    XerophilousShipper - Ash & Groudon

CatchEmAllShipper - Red (Game), Leaf, Ethan (Hiro), Kris, Lyra, May, Brendan, Hilda & Hilbert (Gen infinite)
    KetchumAllShipper - Ash, Misty, Brock, May, Max, Tracey, Dawn, Iris & Cilan (Gen infinite)

GameBoy - These are the three male main characters of the games that are on the GameBoy!
    Mountain - Red is on a mountain. Jigglypuff is caught near Mt. Moon.
    PartlyCloudy and PartlySunny - Rayquaza moderates the weather - keeps it between extremes, like half-cloudy weather. The weather for each is what they are going for.
    Quasar - Quasars are very bright objects, like Ash has a bright personality, and are in space, which Jirachi is associated with.
    Xenolith - "a rock fragment foreign to the igneous rock in which it is embedded" Ash is usually foreign to wherever he is, and Regirock is made of rock.
    Xerophilous - "growing in or adapted to dry, especially dry and hot, regions" Ash adapts easily to various circumstances, and Groudon creates hot and dry conditions.

CatchEmAll - All these characters are tasked with catching them all - and in this 'ship, you've 'caught' all the main characters!
    KetchumAll - A terrible pun off of the one above.

I think this means that Ash is the third character to span the entire list. (Yes, that was my goal.)

And can I claim this:

TamingShipper - Main character of Pokémon Channel & Pikachu

as a placeholder until I go start a new file of Channel and find out the default name of the main character? I don't want the name to go away while I'm procrastinating...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  20. Toran Frostbite

You blinked. :3

Will take care of that.

*fist bump* I was convinced Jessie would be the next one, but she still doesn't have a K-name. Haven't been many Rocket submissions lately, come to think of it. Not since GundamSeiyuu, iirc (on top of Woobat/Yamask).

Though looks like Misty is now closer than Jessie.