• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"What's This Ship Called?"

ChuklaeAquos

Glalie fan!
Is there a name for Brock/Takeshi x Pike Queen Lucy/Tube Queen Azami?

If there is, I'd imagine it had something to do with their eyes ^_^

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
Luck is the primary name, but it's also called Blush, Squint, and (seriously erroneously and should never be used for them, at all) Pikeshipping (because that's Ash/Lucy).

I haven't seen this yet.

Silver ♥ Soul anyone?

Yup, Soul x Silver is SoulSilvershipping. XD If you see the Soul shippings thread, it's definitely listed there.

*worried, worried* Except it's not. I noticed it back some time ago, but there is no Silver/Soul pairing. Manga!Silver, that is. SoulSilver is Kamon/Soul, which is gameverse. @_@ And I'm terribly afraid they'll use the name for Special incarnations, the way everyone is slinging the name Silver in association with Kamon.

....*melt down* I need to name it, it needs to be named. Cannot stop...*mind blows up*

Last edited:

Kousagi

Sailor Senshi
Yeah, I don't see SoulSilvershipping on the list.

Another question, since I'm kind of "new" to the fandom again (haven't been into it since GSC came out many moons ago)... is Kamon the name everyone's agreed upon for Silver since he never showed up in the anime? (I'm assuming it's one of his three selectable names.)

Another note, I thought manga!Silver's name was actually Black?

I would just say that gameverse Silver/Soul is just SoulSilvershipping and mangaverse would be Blacksoulshipping (if they call him Black in the manga, I'm not sure... but Blacksoulshipping sounds gloriously emo). Just some ideas~

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
Kamon is the name assigned to his game-self due to him being the rival, and since the games follow an unordinary hero/rival game system (Red=hero character, Blue/Green=rival character, Gold=hero characters), the name was taken from the hero's namelist in Silver (whereas the Gold character's "default name" [loose interpretation] is Hiro).

So Gold game = game hero = Hiro, and Silver game = game rival = Kamon.

It's the worst of the game names to explain, whut.

But the manga!Silver in question is Special!Silver, because his Black persona (from Golden Boys) is practically synonymous with Kamon (game incarnation) and are lumped together for the sake of it...

.....But the switch-up is cruelly poetic. XD Game/GB is Silver, Special is Black... Snaps, WILL TAKE.

esm8m

Pokémaniac
Some submissions:

AncestorShipper - Sir Aaron & Delia
InspirationalShipper - Hiro & Blue (game)
NotoriousShipper - Jordan & Dawn
TohjoShipper - Red (Fire), Blue (game), Hiro & Kamon (Black)

I'm also working on names for Red (Fire) & Hiro, and Red (Fire) & Kamon (Black), so if anyone has ideas or someone wants to name it somewhere else, I'd like to know...
Jordan is one of the contest judges from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

AncestorShipper is because Delia is one of Ash's ancestors in the loosest sense of the word, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sir Aaron is one of Ash's ancestors. And there's a theory that Sir Aaron is Ash's father, due to a Celebi getting involved somewhere.
InspirationalShipper is because Blue says that the battle with you was "inspirational" after you beat him.
NotoriousShipper is because notorious refers to fame, which both Jordan and Dawn have at least some of, and because it carries the connotation of something bad, which a relationship between a contest judge and a contest participant could certainly be....
TohjoShipper is because Tohjo Falls are "the link between Kanto and Johto", and these are the male main characters and rivals for Kanto and Johto.

...And since I prefer to stare at the list than do homework, here's a few things I noticed:

RentShipper - Red (Fire) & Greta
LadShipper - Red (Fire) & Greta
(RentShipper was submitted October 14, LadShipper was submitted October 30.)

Salt'N'PepperShipper - Drake (elite) & Koga
SeiryuuShipper - Drake (elite) & Glacia
(others have either Hoenn or O. Crew)

NostalgiaShipper - Grovyle & Hero (MD2)
CessationShipper - Piplup (MD2 hero) & Grovyle
(Are these really different?)

Something I noticed while checking to make sure my above 'ships weren't taken:
Azanshipping = Gary x Green (10-3-08 on the Bulbagarden thread. Everything else in that post was taken, but nothing was said as to why this one wasn't.)

...And about that table I'm working on, since I'm a perfectionist.

Lucas (Diamond) = encompasses both anime and game denotations of the character and is used interchangeably
Barry (Pearl) = same as above
(From here.)
Kouki gets a (Diamond) when the 'ship holds no separation between manga or game (yet), or when paired with a pokemon; this holds true for any game/manga "color" character.

If you want it to cover both canons, add the (manga!name). If not, choose a nameset.
...?

Silver (Black)
I noticed it's only used for two ships, both submitted the same post by the same person...

I don't want to be annoying through all of my questions, so if I am, I'm sorry.

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
New submissions. :)

Dancingroulettefightershipping- Fantina, Maylene, & Dahlia
Rockfliershipping- Roxanne & Winona
FightingandDancingstarshipping- Argenta, Maylene, & Fantina
Fightingroulettestarshipping- Maylene, Argenta, & Dahlia
Fightingarcadedancingstarshipping- Fantina, Maylene, Argenta, & Dahlia
Controversialteamshipping- Phoebe, Glacia, Argenta, Dahlia, Maylene, & Fantina

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
I know for a fact that it's already called Sandstormshipping. However without checking the list i'm clueless on the others.

Yeah, sorry about making another shipping of Roxanne and Winona. I didn't know there was a previous shipping between the two. :(

Anyways, I forgot to put one more submission. :)

SpecialInstitutionshipping- Cheryl & Mira

Last edited:

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
The shippingthat I liked the most out of all of them is Kissshipping (Ash x Melody). That girl happened to be my favorite character, and it would be sweet if Mel hook herself up with Ashy. I know that Abilityshipping is great and all. But knowing her, Mel would start the competition for those who really like him.

taitofan

Stalker!
WillxKaren is Masakudoshipping and Eliteshipping, but I'm guessing that since Elite is shared with LancexLorelei, Masakudo would be the preferred one.

Clair x Jasmine seems to be unnamed.

Anyone know if Hibiki gets his own ships or if the ones labeled Hiro will be changed to Hibiki? I don't wanna go on a naming spree if Hibiki doesn't get his own ships.

Mega Heroes

I'm gonna Brawl!
I would like to know what the name is for the shipping couple: Red x Daisy (Gary/Blue/Green's Sister).

taitofan

Stalker!
That oddly appears to be unnamed.

Okay, so, suggestions for Bugsy x Tate? Don't make me name it Ackbarshipping, cause I totally will if no one helps me.

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
That oddly appears to be unnamed.

Okay, so, suggestions for Bugsy x Tate? Don't make me name it Ackbarshipping, cause I totally will if no one helps me.
Misinformedshipping?

EDIT: For my own personal records, last collected 'ship to this point was SteelLair.

Next round begins at Misinformed.

Last edited:

taitofan

Stalker!
Beautiful, I'll take it. *salutes* Thank you kindly~

Mega Heroes

I'm gonna Brawl!
Should I call the Pairing between Red and Daisy (Gary's Sister): PalletRivalSibling-Shipping?

taitofan

Stalker!
Well, personally, I'd consider giving it a more concise name. That's...really long. Both Mapshipping and TownMapshipping appear to be free, and since one of her only purposes is to give you (and Red by extension) a town map, I think that'd be an appropriate name. Of course, it's up to you.

Mega Heroes

I'm gonna Brawl!
Well, personally, I'd consider giving it a more concise name. That's...really long. Both Mapshipping and TownMapshipping appear to be free, and since one of her only purposes is to give you (and Red by extension) a town map, I think that'd be an appropriate name. Of course, it's up to you.

*Homer Sound* Doh! How could I forget that purpose... It's pretty vague because I know automatically how to get the Town Map in the games, but... I only remember that Daisy had the "making Pkmn feel better and tea loving" side... But TownMapshipping sounds pretty logical. So, let's go with that one :D. I hope it will be registered then...

hailflameblast

I'm coming...
Pardon me if this has already been asked, but:-
1.CrystalxEmerald(If it has no name, I wish to call it MentorShipping)
2.VolknerxCynthia(uh.... BlondeShipping?)
3.AshxCasey(VatakakaShipping? - just a random string of letters whichhave a hidden meaning)