• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"What's This Ship Called?"

BubChan

Wonderwall
New Shippings:

DragonOfTheLightShipping - Hilbert, Hilda & Iris
DragonOfTheDarknessShipping - Drayden, Hilbert & Hilda
RoiyaruShipping - Princess Allie & Princess Salvia
SummerPlantShipping - Bulbasaur & Bulbasaur (Ash's & Shauna's)
BulbaTriangleShipping - Bulbasaur, Bulbasaur & Bulbasaur (Ash's, May's & Shauna's)
BulbaSenpaiShipping - Bulbasaur & Venusaur (Shauna's & May's)
ControlYourManShipping - Crystal & Serena (XY)
GoldenDragonShipping - Gold (Special) & Iris
FashionManShipping - Brendan & James
AlternativeSenpaiShipping - Gold (Special) & Red (Origins)
StartAndEndShipping - Red (Game) & Red (Origins)
AlternativeStylesShipping - Calem & Paul
OutlineShipping - Leaf & Heroine (RGB)
WelcomeToLimboShipping - Kris & Heroine (RGB)
LostHeroShipping - Ash & Heroine (RGB)
ConflictOnTheDestinyShipping - Blue (Game) & Heroine (RGB)
MineneShipping - Electrode & Graveler
BlueAndGreenleavesShipping - Blue (Female), Heroine (RGB) & Leaf
SameDreamShipping - Red (Origins) & Heroine (RBG)
FemaleTheoryShipping - Heroine (RBG) & Misty
NewStyleShipping - Hilbert, Hilda & Serena (XY)
ClassicShoujoMangaShipping - Red (Special) & Heroine (RBG)
1996Shipping - Blue (Game), Red (Game) & Heroine (RBG)

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
New Shippings:

DragonOfTheLightShipping - Hilbert, Hilda & Iris
DragonOfTheDarknessShipping - Drayden, Hilbert & Hilda
RoiyaruShipping - Princess Allie & Princess Salvia
SummerPlantShipping - Bulbasaur & Bulbasaur (Ash's & Shauna's)
BulbaTriangleShipping - Bulbasaur, Bulbasaur & Bulbasaur (Ash's, May's & Shauna's)
BulbaSenpaiShipping - Bulbasaur & Venusaur (Shauna's & May's)
ControlYourManShipping - Crystal & Serena (XY)
GoldenDragonShipping - Gold (Special) & Iris
FashionManShipping - Brendan & James
AlternativeSenpaiShipping - Gold (Special) & Red (Origins)
StartAndEndShipping - Red (Game) & Red (Origins)
AlternativeStylesShipping - Calem & Paul
OutlineShipping - Leaf & Heroine (RGB)
WelcomeToLimboShipping - Kris & Heroine (RGB)
LostHeroShipping - Ash & Heroine (RGB)
ConflictOnTheDestinyShipping - Blue (Game) & Heroine (RGB)
MineneShipping - Electrode & Graveler
BlueAndGreenleavesShipping - Blue (Female), Heroine (RGB) & Leaf
SameDreamShipping - Red (Origins) & Heroine (RBG)
FemaleTheoryShipping - Heroine (RBG) & Misty
NewStyleShipping - Hilbert, Hilda & Serena (XY)
ClassicShoujoMangaShipping - Red (Special) & Heroine (RBG)
1996Shipping - Blue (Game), Red (Game) & Heroine (RBG)

all probably look free though i still need to double check just to be on the safe side

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
i just try to checked and it looks like they're all free

@Vycksta - BakaShauna can be accepted since its Shauna & Bulbasaur owned by Shauna, LovelySeed is just Shauna & plain Bulbasaur

see the difference -_-

-needs to post again for a bit of clarification -

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Darn, the link isn't working, so let's try a different tactic...

Go to post number 8029 of the submissions thread at BMGf, said post being esm8m's update for July, and click on the spoiler that reads "Could not take" above it. Cupcakeshipping wasn't taken for Serena x Clemont's Chespin, because it's covered by FancySpikesshipping. ParisRestaurantshipping wasn't taken for Clemont's Chespin x Serena's Fennekin because it's covered by Mammalinshipping. I would list the others, but I hope you get the idea.

If a ship name already exists for a generic Pokemon x Pokemon pairing, or a human x generic Pokemon pairing then that covers all possibilities; wild, trainer owned, it doesn't matter. However if, for example, BakaShaunashipping came first then Lovelyseedshipping second, that would have been accepted because there's no generic. Lovelyseedshipping was first, though, so that is Shauna x Bulbasaur no matter what, regardless of who said Bulbasaur belongs or doesn't belong to.

It's like how Lagomorphshipping is commonly applied to Ash's Pikachu x Dawn's Buneary, although the name is for any Pikachu x any Buneary. Again, the generic will take priority.

I hate to break it to you, but that rule has been around since I've been submitting ships, and I started in 2006. So cut out the passive-aggressive emoticon and quit telling me to "see the difference", because there was no need to get uptight.

now this is the part i'm confused because i hate to tell that in the nvm list you'll see submissions with owned and unowned pokemon and iirc there had been a lot of these kinds of submissions

i probably not going to mention the pairs because there is too many of them

- this is probably also the reason why i don't usually submit human x pokemon pairings and prefer to submit human x human because i know sometime later i'll get a conclusion like this :/ -

Last edited:

Vycksta

SerenaForTheWin said:
now this is the part i'm confused because i hate to tell that in the nvm list you'll see submissions with owned and unowned pokemon and iirc there had been a lot of these kinds of submissions

i probably not going to mention the pairs because there is too many of them

- this is probably also the reason why i don't usually submit human x pokemon pairings and prefer to submit human x human because i know sometime later i'll get a conclusion like this :/ -
That is likely down to two reasons;

1) The shipping involving the owned Pokemon came first, which means that a shipping involving the generic/plain/wild Pokemon will be accepted.

2) Exceptions to the rule. It's not ideal, but over the years compliers have had to bend the rules occasionally because the fandom took X idea, made it quite well-known, then found out about Y. It's why, again to cite examples, Coronationshipping is also known as Harmoniashipping and why Fourshipping is applied to two seperate ships without that being an issue. To round up my point, maybe pairings like those we are discussing at the moment have also been allowed because too many people in the fandom liked it.

The best way to solve this, I think, is to put this to whoever submitted BakaShaunashipping in the first place (( I want to say BubChan? )), as they were the one who came up with the name. If they are happy with Lovelyseedshipping applying to Shauna x any Bulbasaur, including her own, then BakaShaunashipping gets nixed. If not, then have a word with esm8m, see if another exception can be applied.

TBTH I much prefer Lovelyseedshipping as the name, mainly because it doesn't apply that Shauna is an idiot. Still, not my decision to make. It's the submitters decision.

To end, I want to clarify that I have no problems with you, of course.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
That is likely down to two reasons;

1) The shipping involving the owned Pokemon came first, which means that a shipping involving the generic/plain/wild Pokemon will be accepted.

2) Exceptions to the rule. It's not ideal, but over the years compliers have had to bend the rules occasionally because the fandom took X idea, made it quite well-known, then found out about Y. It's why, again to cite examples, Coronationshipping is also known as Harmoniashipping and why Fourshipping is applied to two seperate ships without that being an issue. To round up my point, maybe pairings like those we are discussing at the moment have also been allowed because too many people in the fandom liked it.

The best way to solve this, I think, is to put this to whoever submitted BakaShaunashipping in the first place (( I want to say BubChan? )), as they were the one who came up with the name. If they are happy with Lovelyseedshipping applying to Shauna x any Bulbasaur, including her own, then BakaShaunashipping gets nixed. If not, then have a word with esm8m, see if another exception can be applied.

TBTH I much prefer Lovelyseedshipping as the name, mainly because it doesn't apply that Shauna is an idiot. Still, not my decision to make. It's the submitters decision.

To end, I want to clarify that I have no problems with you, of course.

indeed this is exactly what i had in mind, and hopefully this clarification could be heard to the future submitters when times like these arises again

truce Vycks I'm with you on this

so BubChan what's your decision with BakaShauna?, the power is in your hands ;)

also this probably should mark the end of last month's submission, the post below me would be better carried to the next update to lessen confusion of course

Last edited:

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
^ If this post is going to wait until the next update, that is fine. :)

FortezaShipping - Jasmine & Luxray

'Forteza' is Italian (old Italian I think) for 'fortress' or 'fortitude' which goes hand in hand with Jasmine commanding Steel-type Pokemon, one of best defensive types. How does this apply to Luxray? Well, Forteza (though commonly Fortitude) is also the historical name for the Strength tarot card; whose image normally depicts a young woman with a lion. Since Luxray's design is partly based on a lion, I thought it fit. :)

I could go on as to why the name fits since I'm a bit of a Tarot card nerd, but I won't--you can just Google for interpretations of the Strength tarot card if you're interested. Oh, and the reason I chose Luxray instead of Pyroar when the latter is the more obvious design for a lion is because of personal headcanon. In it, Jasmine really adores Volkner's Luxray and vise versa. Plus, Jasmine has connections to Electric-type Pokemon anyways since she has an Ampharos and uses Magnemite's evolutionary family in battle. xD

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
^ If this post is going to wait until the next update, that is fine. :)

FortezaShipping - Jasmine & Luxray

'Forteza' is Italian (old Italian I think) for 'fortress' or 'fortitude' which goes hand in hand with Jasmine commanding Steel-type Pokemon, one of best defensive types. How does this apply to Luxray? Well, Forteza (though commonly Fortitude) is also the historical name for the Strength tarot card; whose image normally depicts a young woman with a lion. Since Luxray's design is partly based on a lion, I thought it fit. :)

I could go on as to why the name fits since I'm a bit of a Tarot card nerd, but I won't--you can just Google for interpretations of the Strength tarot card if you're interested. Oh, and the reason I chose Luxray instead of Pyroar when the latter is the more obvious design for a lion is because of personal headcanon. In it, Jasmine really adores Volkner's Luxray and vise versa. Plus, Jasmine has connections to Electric-type Pokemon anyways since she has an Ampharos and uses Magnemite's evolutionary family in battle. xD

actually to be frank i don't even care about the names you know some people love to submit cracky names especially me

most of my submissions even don't have a specific origin, its just whatever name comes to my mind

yes this submission will be drag to the next update

- update: email sent successfully to esm8m, now i pronanly need to get going on my next set but i promise it won't be a big mess anymore since most of the pairings that i like to submit we're already made.* shrugs * needs to get going with the upcoming crossover shipping thread to be up in decemver -_-

Last edited:

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
^ Okay...? I just wanted to share my thoughts on why I named the ship the way I did because I'm the type of person who likes to have a bit of explanation here and there. And in the case of Pokemon ship names, I find it helpful. Habit I guess. *shrugs*

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
^ Okay...? I just wanted to share my thoughts on why I named the ship the way I did because I'm the type of person who likes to have a bit of explanation here and there. And in the case of Pokemon ship names, I find it helpful. Habit I guess. *shrugs*

yeah sure its fine, anyway i got a reply form esm8m earlier - she probably is still isn't sure when her calling time will be because she was engrossed with smash bros ( is that game really hyping a lot of people, i just don't understand -_-)

well at least the submissions are done - i try to count and they have an estimated total of 1230 submissions ( pretty much the same with the july update)

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Ah okay. :) And Smash Bros is great fun; especially when you play it with friends~ Honestly, it's the only fighting game I'll ever really get into :p

That's a lot of submissions! How do you even count them all!? XD

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Ah okay. :) And Smash Bros is great fun; especially when you play it with friends~ Honestly, it's the only fighting game I'll ever really get into :p

That's a lot of submissions! How do you even count them all!? XD

haz no clue becoz i don't even have played smash bros -_-

i do it with word document and i think there's a hint in each page, cite when one page has 25 entries then the next page pretty sure has somewhere near 25 and some count tools here and there, voila there you have it

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Should try. My Nintendo childhood is pretty much rolled up in the games. lol

Oh wow, I didn't know you could do that with Word. Neat! Maybe I should track my ships that way. ;P

BubChan

Wonderwall
Welcome back MonMonCandie!
anyway, i new ideas for shippings! can't wait for the new update!

MedallionShipping - Misty, Latias & Latios
YaoiInVenezaShipping - Ash & Ross
AnimeRocketShipping - James, Annie, Jessie & Oakley
CustodyShipping - Annie & Latios
PokeyShipping - Oakley & Latios
SainShipping - Blue (game) & Viola

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Welcome back MonMonCandie!
anyway, i new ideas for shippings! can't wait for the new update!

MedallionShipping - Misty, Latias & Latios
YaoiInVenezaShipping - Ash & Ross
AnimeRocketShipping - James, Annie, Jessie & Oakley
CustodyShipping - Annie & Latios
PokeyShipping - Oakley & Latios
SainShipping - Blue (game) & Viola

you bet let's look forward to the next month update minna -san

looks free so far though I still need to check that Medallion, pretty sure someone tried to use it but anyway i'll try to double check

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
@BubChan: Thanks! :)

Well, I am now compiling my list of favorite Pokemon ships totally not trying to use count my ships and noticed that some don't have ship names yet.

FlameSniperShipping (Malva/Talonflame) -- Obvious reference to Malva specializing in Fire-types and Talonflame is based on predatory birds. Chose 'sniper' as an alternate to 'arrow' (which Talonflame's JP name puns).
ChargeBeamShipping (Volkner/Raichu) -- Charge Beam was the TM Volkner handed out to players when you defeated him in the games. His Raichu in DPPt always had the move in its moveset.
AcesHighShipping (game!Blue/Pidgeot) -- An 'ace' is someone who excels in something. Fits Blue considering he was Champion in RBY/FRLG. Pidgeot is also Blue's ace/strongest Pokemon in HGSS. The 'high' part references both Pidgeot as a Flying-type Pokemon and the plain old "the sky's the limit" idiom; in which Blue dreamed of becoming the strongest Trainer in the world.

I have suddenly developed a passion for platonically shipping characters with, generally, their signature Pokemon... So many cute feels! xD And I mean this with no Pokephilia in mind.

EDIT: Two more.

CuteBruiserShipping (Serena/Pancham) -- Pancham's Dex entries says it tries to be intimidating, but opponents can't take it seriously... I think that says enough. xD
ToughBruiserShipping (Serena/Pangoro) -- Pretty much an 'evolved' form of the CuteBruiser, considering Pancham then evolves into an intimidating figure with a heart of gold.

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
@BubChan: Thanks! :)

Well, I am now compiling my list of favorite Pokemon ships totally not trying to use count my ships and noticed that some don't have ship names yet.

FlameSniperShipping (Malva/Talonflame) -- Obvious reference to Malva specializing in Fire-types and Talonflame is based on predatory birds. Chose 'sniper' as an alternate to 'arrow' (which Talonflame's JP name puns).
ChargeBeamShipping (Volkner/Raichu) -- Charge Beam was the TM Volkner handed out to players when you defeated him in the games. His Raichu in DPPt always had the move in its moveset.
AcesHighShipping (game!Blue/Pidgeot) -- An 'ace' is someone who excels in something. Fits Blue considering he was Champion in RBY/FRLG. Pidgeot is also Blue's ace/strongest Pokemon in HGSS. The 'high' part references both Pidgeot as a Flying-type Pokemon and the plain old "the sky's the limit" idiom; in which Blue dreamed of becoming the strongest Trainer in the world.

I have suddenly developed a passion for platonically shipping characters with, generally, their signature Pokemon... So many cute feels! xD And I mean this with no Pokephilia in mind.

EDIT: Two more.

CuteBruiserShipping (Serena/Pancham) -- Pancham's Dex entries says it tries to be intimidating, but opponents can't take it seriously... I think that says enough. xD
ToughBruiserShipping (Serena/Pangoro) -- Pretty much an 'evolved' form of the CuteBruiser, considering Pancham then evolves into an intimidating figure with a heart of gold.

looks free so far so you are good to go

Tomiko

Ruler of Snow
Playing the ORAS demo and it would seem that the main characters are not Brendon and May as we all thought. Their names are Orlando and Anna. I wanted to name Orlando x Anna: Sigmashipping, even before we knew their names because I had a feeling they weren't May and Brendon despite the similarities. Kinda like May and Sapphire.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
^ I think we should wait until the full game comes out or GF confirms this. I think you're free to call dibs on the ship, but there's talk in the ORAS Character Discussion thread that Orlando/Anna are placeholder names in the demo. It's kinda like that thing where Calem/Serena were known as Xavier/Yvonne before XY came out. :)

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
actually i agree with mon mon with this, we're not going to accept the ship if its not yet their official names and even if they look like brendan and may

esm8m, the one in charge might also have the same thought, also she seems to be doing double list by this month

meaning she will compile the submission we had back in september, and also the tumblr submissions for two months consisting of september and october

i'm not sure if she's going to collect also the upcoming november update, i'll let u know if i get more details