• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"What's This Ship Called?"

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Question: Has there been a ship name made for Satoshi/Shota? (Ash and Kalos!Sawyer)

Edit
Apparently StructureShipping

Okay

Why?

If I had to make a guess based on what I read on Bulbapedia, in Sawyer's debut in XY064, Clemont gave him advice on timing moves in his battles, or giving them structure. In XY074, he observed and analyzed Ash's gym battle, learning about his structure. I'd have to guess that the name is derived from that.

There's actually another thread dedicated to explaining the names of pairings, fittingly named "Shipping Names Explained". The folks over there may be able to better serve you.

Last edited:

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Some of my fellow fujoshi eagerly jumped the Gen VII bandwagon and chose a name for a promising M/M pairing featuring Sun & Moon's antagonist/Team Leader. ;D (Golly, to think it hasn't even been a week since the guy was introduced and already they've settled on a ship name...)

DarkParadiseShipping is the up-and-coming name for Professor Kukui x Guzma. This pairing materialized just days ago in the wake of new information hinting that Alola's resident Professor and Team Skull's Leader have some history together.

By the by, would anyone happen to know whether or not GO ships like Candela & Blanche and Willow & Spark have names yet?

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Some of my fellow fujoshi eagerly jumped the Gen VII bandwagon and chose a name for a promising M/M pairing featuring Sun & Moon's antagonist/Team Leader. ;D (Golly, to think it hasn't even been a week since the guy was introduced and already they've settled on a ship name...)

DarkParadiseShipping is the up-and-coming name for Professor Kukui x Guzma. This pairing materialized just days ago in the wake of new information hinting that Alola's resident Professor and Team Skull's Leader have some history together.

By the by, would anyone happen to know whether or not GO ships like Candela & Blanche and Willow & Spark have names yet?

If the GO pairings have been named yet, they sure didn't happen here, and the Incomplete Nightmare is about six months behind us at this point. If you've got ideas, post them. I'd say they've got equal validity to anyone else's.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
I stumbled upon another preemptively named ship:

BeautifulDestructionShipping

or Lysandre x Guzma.

As outrageous as the pairing seems (it is), I suppose it was only a matter of time before all the (wildly hilarious) fan depictions of these two inspired fan fiction. Guzma already looks like he's half Lysandre's height. xD

Unnamed Ships
- Willow x Kukui
- Plumeria x Guzma
- Pokémon GO Team Leader-Polyshipping [Candela & Spark & Blanche]
- Pokémon GO Ships [Willow | Candela | Spark | Blanche | Go (Male Protagonist) | Gogo (Female Protagonist)]

How can pairings as popular as the GOships *not* have names yet?

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager

or Lysandre x Guzma.

As outrageous as the pairing seems (it is), I suppose it was only a matter of time before all the (wildly hilarious) fan depictions of these two inspired fan fiction. Guzma already looks like he's half Lysandre's height. xD

Unnamed Ships
- Willow x Kukui
- Plumeria x Guzma
- Pokémon GO Ships [Willow | Candela | Spark | Blanche | Go (Male Protagonist) | Gogo (Female Protagonist)]

Again, I'm not saying they're not named. I'm just saying it didn't happen here, and the Incomplete Nightmare hasn't been updated in over 6 months. If you have ideas, they're as valid as anyone else's at this point.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Again, I'm not saying they're not named. I'm just saying it didn't happen here, and the Incomplete Nightmare hasn't been updated in over 6 months. If you have ideas, they're as valid as anyone else's at this point.
Yes zeldafan, you made that clear as whistle in your previous response. ^^ I'm merely taking note of what I happen to find while perusing other sites like AO3 and Tumblr in the off-chance I forget them. If I ever do submit a suggestion or two to Incomplete Nightmare, I'd rather put forward something that's already accepted in some circles. I'm personally not very original when it comes to naming, anyway. As a result, any name I see used for ship that doesn't already have an "official" one has my backing so long as it is relevant to the relationship it defines.

That last remark was simply an expression of my confusion towards the situation. I assumed with the sudden profusion of Pokémon GO fan art and fan fiction that names for ships would materialize in due course. But it appears I was mistaken.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Yes zeldafan, you made that clear as whistle in your previous response. ^^ I'm merely taking note of what I happen to find while perusing other sites like AO3 and Tumblr in the off-chance I forget them. If I ever do submit a suggestion or two to Incomplete Nightmare, I'd rather put forward something that's already accepted in some circles. I'm personally not very original when it comes to naming, anyway. As a result, any name I see used for ship that doesn't already have an "official" one has my backing so long as it is relevant to the relationship it defines.

That last remark was simply an expression of my confusion towards the situation. I assumed with the sudden profusion of Pokémon GO fan art and fan fiction that names for ships would materialize in due course. But it appears I was mistaken.

By all means, if you find any names, post them here and submit them. I have no idea about any of them, and perhaps other sites will. Sorry for any confusion.

Billybo10K

Silent Trainer
So, I checked the giant shipping list and there wasn't a name or ship for AshXGreninja. I'm awful at names so I'm not even going to try, but does anyone else have any thoughts on a name for the ship?

BubChan

Wonderwall
So, I checked the giant shipping list and there wasn't a name or ship for AshXGreninja. I'm awful at names so I'm not even going to try, but does anyone else have any thoughts on a name for the ship?

I think the "giant shipping list" is outdated, I'm pretty sure someone already submitted a name for this pairing, BUT I'll give it a shot:

DeepBondShipping - Ash & Greninja (Ash's)

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager

Ash x Froakie (Ash's) is named KeroHeroShipping. Considering the fact that it is referring specifically to Ash's Froakie, the name would presumably follow the pairing, as it is the same character in a different form.

BubChan

Wonderwall
Ash x Froakie (Ash's) is named KeroHeroShipping. Considering the fact that it is referring specifically to Ash's Froakie, the name would presumably follow the pairing, as it is the same character in a different form.

Even though I kinda agree with you, we have a shipping name for every Ash's pokémon and their evolution, like RescueMissionShipping (Ash & Charmander (Ash's)), BadDragonShipping (Ash & Charmeleon (Ash's)) and HeadstrongShipping (Ash & Charizard),

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Even though I kinda agree with you, we have a shipping name for every Ash's pokémon and their evolution, like RescueMissionShipping (Ash & Charmander (Ash's)), BadDragonShipping (Ash & Charmeleon (Ash's)) and HeadstrongShipping (Ash & Charizard),

I checked myself, and you're right. It should be noted, however, that the trend has not continued during the XY series. I guess that if anyone has ideas or wants to extend the old name, talk about it. It's a fairly major pairing, so there may be a poll if the names are not agreed upon.

BubChan

Wonderwall
I checked myself, and you're right. It should be noted, however, that the trend has not continued during the XY series. I guess that if anyone has ideas or wants to extend the old name, talk about it. It's a fairly major pairing, so there may be a poll if the names are not agreed upon.

I think we should make a poll, not here since is not allowed anymore, but in bulbagarden or other active social media.

Anyway, I have some few Shipping names I want to submit, and, by the way, I don't know if I already asked this before, but the person who's in charge of the shipping list has a serebii profile?

PikachuWorldShipping - Ditto, Mimikyu, Pikachu & Zorua
AdoptiveFamilyShipping - Mimikyu & Pichu
KyuShipping - Ash & Mimikyu
AlolaChuShipping - Mimikyu & Raichu
FakingYouShipping - Harley & Princess Salvia

Phoopes

There it is.
Probably an odd question, but there was a ship I remember seeing forever ago that had a lot of Pokemon characters. Like I mean a lot. I remember that it had even more characters than NineteenShipping, which has (you guessed it) 19 different Pokemon together in one ship. And this gigantic pairing had some odd ones in it, like the ketchup bottle and Brock's right hand or something. Can anyone remember what the name of it was and what all the characters were that were in it? I remember Toran Frostbite would know, but I believe he left the site.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Probably an odd question, but there was a ship I remember seeing forever ago that had a lot of Pokemon characters. Like I mean a lot. I remember that it had even more characters than NineteenShipping, which has (you guessed it) 19 different Pokemon together in one ship. And this gigantic pairing had some odd ones in it, like the ketchup bottle and Brock's right hand or something. Can anyone remember what the name of it was and what all the characters were that were in it? I remember Toran Frostbite would know, but I believe he left the site.

Part of the Untouchables section of Neverending Romance: An Incomplete Nightmare is a list of absurdly long multi-pairings. If anyone has it, it would probably be them.

Also, I would like to formally suggest the name "AlohaShipping" for Ash x Mallow.

Phoopes

There it is.
Part of the Untouchables section of Neverending Romance: An Incomplete Nightmare is a list of absurdly long multi-pairings. If anyone has it, it would probably be them.

Also, I would like to formally suggest the name "AlohaShipping" for Ash x Mallow.

They don't, I already checked and the longest one there is NineteenShipping

Red Pheonix

I vote for Alohashipping for AshXMallow.

As for AshXLillie, let me see-

1. Gloveshipping
2.Ashlie Shipping or just Ashlie.

Peripuff

or Lysandre x Guzma.

Unnamed Ships
- Willow x Kukui
- Plumeria x Guzma

For the go team leaders I would suggest PrimaryShipping, BirdShipping, LeaderShipping, TeamShipping, LegendShipping or ValourInstinctMysticShipping. I would also suggest GoShipping for the protagonist but I think that is already used. Is SkullShipping used yet?