• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"What's This Ship Called?"

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Hey, yeah... I can't find it. Maybe the mods closed the thread?

I can confirm that it was completely deleted for whatever reason. Hopefully someone can fill us in on that.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
I guess any queries into names should go here for the time being, then.

Meowth City

Staff member
Because I've somehow lost the thread explaining the names of ships (I can't find it on the main page) is it alright if I ask here for a link to the page? Unless something happened to it?
It was deleted by the OP for reasons unknown. At this time, there are no plans to remake the thread, so from now on any questions regarding the explanation of shipping names will go here. I will at some point update the first post to reflect this.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Ok then! Thanks!

I just had two questions about ship names:
IronWillShipping
AoShipping

IronWill is likely a simple reference to Iron Island, where Riley and Dawn meet in both the games and the anime. The "Will" part probably refers to his ability to use aura. AoShipping is likely named after the Japanese color Ao, which is a blue-green color. It's fitting, considering Riley wears blue and Cheryl wears green.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Ok then! Thanks!

I just had two questions about ship names:
IronWillShipping
AoShipping
These are simple.

IronWill - The first part refers to Riley's territory: Iron Mountain. The second has to do with Riley's and Dawn's strong-willed personalities.
Ao - Ao is Japanese for both/either green and/or blue--Cheryl's and Riley's color schemes--ergo, the name.

IronWill is likely a simple reference to Iron Island, where Riley and Dawn meet in both the games and the anime. The "Will" part probably refers to his ability to use aura. AoShipping is likely named after the Japanese color Ao, which is a blue-green color. It's fitting, considering Riley wears blue and Cheryl wears green.

These are simple.

IronWill - The first part refers to Riley's territory: Iron Mountain. The second has to do with Riley's and Dawn's strong-willed personalities.
Ao - Ao is Japanese for both/either green and/or blue--Cheryl's and Riley's color schemes--ergo, the name.

Thanks a lot!

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Hi. Is there a name for trainer Moon x Team Skull grunt? I haven't found any names for it yet.
Someone literally just posted a name for it over at Bulbagarden: CuteGirlShipping.

This only applies to female grunts, however. I don't think a name exists for male grunts yet....

Sophie Sycamore

This might be my favorite post. I have not laughed so hard in a very long time. Anyways, I'm assuming you posted because you wanted to know the name. It's LumioseShipping. Discussion about it is much better suited to the Rare Pairing thread. I don't know if it qualifies as double posting, considering you seem to be posting with two different personalities on the same account. Maybe some mod can clear that up.

Why are you laughing ? I'm just saying I like this shipping. How funny that is. Why do you post my post? You're a little weird. How do I have a double personality ?! Sorry, but I do not argue with you. It's stupid your reaction. I am French I don't know how use this forum. I am never in this website. Is it funny to love Sophie and Professor Sycamore ? For me no.....

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Why are you laughing ? I'm just saying I like this shipping. How funny that is. Why do you post my post? You're a little weird. How do I have a double personality ?! Sorry, but I do not argue with you. It's stupid your reaction. I am French I don't know how use this forum. I am never in this website. Is it funny to love Sophie and Professor Sycamore ? For me no.....

You are absolutely hilarious. Anyways, this thread is for three things only. This is a place to ask for the name for a pairing, suggest a name for a pairing, or have a pairing name explained. Discussion about the pairing itself is much better suited to the Rare Pairings thread. I'm not entirely sure how forums work in France, but I would be very surprised to hear that it is common to have a conversation with yourself. Maybe someone can verify that.

Just asking, but I've been writing an AU fanfiction for Pokemon, and I was thinking of adding a few hints of some platonic pairings and one of or two romantic pairings in it. Problem is, I don't know the names of a good few of the pairings. I do know some of these names already, but I'm just gonna list off all the shippings I'm thinking of adding:

Barry x Mira
Buck x Marley
Riley x Cheryl
Cheryl x Mira
Lucas x Cheryl
Buck x Dawn
Riley x Dawn
Flint x Volkner
Flint x Buck

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Just asking, but I've been writing an AU fanfiction for Pokemon, and I was thinking of adding a few hints of some platonic pairings and one of or two romantic pairings in it. Problem is, I don't know the names of a good few of the pairings. I do know some of these names already, but I'm just gonna list off all the shippings I'm thinking of adding:

Barry x Mira
Buck x Marley
Riley x Cheryl
Cheryl x Mira
Lucas x Cheryl
Buck x Dawn
Riley x Dawn
Flint x Volkner
Flint x Buck
In the order you provided:

- [None at this time.]
- OppositesAttractShipping
- AoShipping
- SpecialInstitutionShipping
- DruidShipping
- TsuyaShipping
- IronWillShipping
- IgnitionShipping
- WildfireShipping

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager

- [None at this time.]
- AoShipping
- DruidShipping
- TsuyaShipping
- IronWillShipping
- IgnitionShipping
- WildfireShipping

... You literally beat me by two seconds

- [None at this time.]
- AoShipping
- DruidShipping
- TsuyaShipping
- IronWillShipping
- IgnitionShipping
- WildfireShipping

Thanks a lot!

Hmm, seeing as Barry x Mira doesn't have a name... how about SpecialAttackersShipping? I think it might work seeing as Barry is generally depicted with Empoleon, a Pokemon with high Special Attack, and Mira is the Stat Trainer representing Special Attack. I wouldn't be able to suggest it though...

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Thanks a lot!

Hmm, seeing as Barry x Mira doesn't have a name... how about SpecialAttackersShipping? I think it might work seeing as Barry is generally depicted with Empoleon, a Pokemon with high Special Attack, and Mira is the Stat Trainer representing Special Attack. I wouldn't be able to suggest it though...

I mean, if you want it, I'll go send it.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Any shipping name for these two?

Hex Maniac (One that said "You're not the one" in the games) x Lillie
[img139]http://orig10.deviantart.net/b6c1/f/2017/061/6/e/hex2_by_alien_snowflake-db0wsah.png[/img139]

If not, can I suggest Heian Shipping? Thanks :3

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Any shipping name for these two?

Hex Maniac (One that said "You're not the one" in the games) x Lillie
[img139]http://orig10.deviantart.net/b6c1/f/2017/061/6/e/hex2_by_alien_snowflake-db0wsah.png[/img139]

If not, can I suggest Heian Shipping? Thanks :3

That is indeed open. I'm fairly certain that her name on the list is "Hex Maniac Ghost"