• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"What's This Ship Called?"

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Oh well that's really sad.

Would VolcanicPrincessShipping sound good for Lillie and Kiawe?

Volcanic because of Kiawe's obsession with Wela volcano and because Lillie acts like an oujo-sama(princess/royalty)

I actually really like the name. It is indeed free, as far as I can tell. Do you know how to submit it? I can do that for you, if you'd prefer.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I have no idea how to do that, I'd really appreciate if you could do it for me!

It's not that hard! You may hust post the name here or submit it on Tumblr, but as Manqoba said, the list haven't been updated for a while now! If you google "neverending romance tumblr" you will find it's tumblr account! :D

Sorry, I forgot to post that I already submitted it. You don't have to do anything, KiaweXLillie4LifeLover.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
It's already been what, two years since the SM games came out and still no name for Ash/Acerola?

Consider me impressed, since I thought the first thing people did was ship Ash with every new female character, whether they're main, side, tertiary, or NPCs

We've got RoyalGhostShipping for Ash-possessed-by-Pokélantis-King x Acerola, which is hysterical

Almost tempted to suggest "NyAshShipping" since Acerola has a bad case of :3 going on

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
It's already been what, two years since the SM games came out and still no name for Ash/Acerola?

Consider me impressed, since I thought the first thing people did was ship Ash with every new female character, whether they're main, side, tertiary, or NPCs

We've got RoyalGhostShipping for Ash-possessed-by-Pokélantis-King x Acerola, which is hysterical

Almost tempted to suggest "NyAshShipping" since Acerola has a bad case of :3 going on
I'd imagine that whatever you want to call it is what it will be. I have no idea what's going on with the list. It's been over a year since the custodian was last on Bulbagarden, and the thread for pairing names on there was deleted for some reason. It would be a shame for the project to die after so many years.

Bubbles18

The Crazy Eevee Lady
So I recently got round to reading Diamond And Pearl Platinum manga and ended up getting curious. Could someone tell me why Gold/Platinum are Darkstoneshipping? I am re-reading Gold and Silver to get a better idea but so far, none. Help?

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
So I recently got round to reading Diamond And Pearl Platinum manga and ended up getting curious. Could someone tell me why Gold/Platinum are Darkstoneshipping? I am re-reading Gold and Silver to get a better idea but so far, none. Help?
Story reasons? Or possibly just no reason. A lot of names are like that, actually.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a combination of both of them being named after precious gems (if you can count gold as one, which is pushing it but not too far out there) and their dark hair colour. It’s the best I’ve got really.

Bubbles18

The Crazy Eevee Lady
Manqoba & Nerdy McNerdface

To be honest - It's probably the precious gems and dark hair colour since I haven't found anything story-wise to indicate otherwise. (other than the original poster coming forward with their idea).

Thanks for the help though!

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Manqoba & Nerdy McNerdface

To be honest - It's probably the precious gems and dark hair colour since I haven't found anything story-wise to indicate otherwise. (other than the original poster coming forward with their idea).

Thanks for the help though!
I'm not sure if you've seen this yet, but these posts show that DarkstoneShipping was originally going to be Gold x Pearl, presumably under the assumption that Dawn would be the basis for Pearl instead of Barry. The reason given in the post is because "they both have dark hair and are percious stones". The submitter also stated "i like obious ones!!" which is hilarious, considering we're having this discussion in the first place. Regardless, the name for Gold x Pearl today is HotBloodShipping, which is included on the archived October 15, 2011 update of the list. I can't find any earlier mention. It is worth noting that the original post was from July 18, 2006, the Diamond and Pearl games and anime didn't launch in Japan until September 28, 2006, the earliest mention of Darkstone shipping for Gold x Platinum is from this thread on October 30, 2008 as "Gold x Platina" (and only mentioned as one of the "worst" and "creepiest" pairings), and the volume that introduced Platinum, Pokémon Adventures volume 30, wasn't released in Japan until December 25, 2008.

Hopefully some part of that was helpful.

Bubbles18

The Crazy Eevee Lady
I'm not sure if you've seen this yet, but these posts show that DarkstoneShipping was originally going to be Gold x Pearl, presumably under the assumption that Dawn would be the basis for Pearl instead of Barry. The reason given in the post is because "they both have dark hair and are percious stones". The submitter also stated "i like obious ones!!" which is hilarious, considering we're having this discussion in the first place. Regardless, the name for Gold x Pearl today is HotBloodShipping, which is included on the archived October 15, 2011 update of the list. I can't find any earlier mention. It is worth noting that the original post was from July 18, 2006, the Diamond and Pearl games and anime didn't launch in Japan until September 28, 2006, the earliest mention of Darkstone shipping for Gold x Platinum is from this thread on October 30, 2008 as "Gold x Platina" (and only mentioned as one of the "worst" and "creepiest" pairings), and the volume that introduced Platinum, Pokémon Adventures volume 30, wasn't released in Japan until December 25, 2008.

Hopefully some part of that was helpful.

It is, thank you. Looks like it was just a random shipping name after all.
Wonder why Gold x Platinum is considered to be worse and creepy pairing if the manga hadn't been out yet and no-one really knew the trio's personalities.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
If Ash/Lisa (M21) doesn't have a name, perhaps...

Let'sGoShipping, or some variation

Because Ash has a Pikachu and Lisa has an Eevee
Well, the name is indeed free. Whether or not the pairing is, that's just a crapshoot by this point.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Well, the name is indeed free. Whether or not the pairing is, that's just a crapshoot by this point.
Just because two characters don't have romantic feelings toward one another has never deterred shippers before

PokéShipping, AdvanceShipping, whatever Dawn was, NegaiShipping, AureliaShipping...

Although WindFestivalShipping may be more appropriate, unless that's better saved for Largo/Someone From The Movie

There's also a "Get Race" event which may involve capturing a pokémon, and since Lisa is shown with an eevee, she and Ash may bond over that, leading to "GetRaceShipping"

Yet at the same time, there's also a character with a Sudowoodo who seems greatly involved, so it may be best saved for that ship...

Hm...I see why people tend to hold off on naming ships until after the thing ships are being made for is out, because events may conspire to make them quite awkward (I'm looking at you, PokéShipping)

Patience, shippers, we'll have our chance...

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Just because two characters don't have romantic feelings toward one another has never deterred shippers before

PokéShipping, AdvanceShipping, whatever Dawn was, NegaiShipping, AureliaShipping...

Although WindFestivalShipping may be more appropriate, unless that's better saved for Largo/Someone From The Movie

There's also a "Get Race" event which may involve capturing a pokémon, and since Lisa is shown with an eevee, she and Ash may bond over that, leading to "GetRaceShipping"

Yet at the same time, there's also a character with a Sudowoodo who seems greatly involved, so it may be best saved for that ship...

Hm...I see why people tend to hold off on naming ships until after the thing ships are being made for is out, because events may conspire to make them quite awkward (I'm looking at you, PokéShipping)

Patience, shippers, we'll have our chance...
?

I wasn't commenting about the compatibility of the characters. That's something far beyond the scope of the Neverending Romance project. What I meant was that there's no guarantee that the pairing hasn't been given a de facto name already. When the list is this far behind, it can be very hard to tell. Hence, the pairing might not still be free to name.

It's actually very common for major pairings to be named before their respective media has premiered, and in the case of the anime, far before it has concluded. The pairings originally anticipated to be major in SM, AureliaShipping, AlohaShipping, and BlueAngelShipping, were all named by poll on this very thread, and before the anime series itself began. AmourShipping was formally named about two weeks after the XY series began, though the name was in common usage before then. The poll was little more than a formality, honestly. NegaiShipping was first suggested on July 6, 2010, and a poll was put together soon after. That poll closed on the 27th, and the first episode of Best Wishes didn't air in Japan until September 23rd. WishfulShipping was named by poll somewhere between September 19th and October 3rd, though really, the name was looking for a pairing, not the other way around. WishfulShipping was a leftover name from the Ash x Iris poll that gained a significant amount of popularity and just barely lost. People were discussing the name for Cilan x Iris at a point when Cilan was only a silhouette. I don't know for certain when or how PearlShipping was named, but the original Serebii thread started on July 19, 2006, and the name seemed to be established and accepted by then. The Diamond and Pearl series itself didn't begin until September 28th of that year.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Is there a name for Kiawe & Mallow?
Officially, it's NaheleAhiShipping. Good luck finding anyone using that name though. A lot of people have been using "SpiceShipping" but it was never actually free in the first place.