• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"What's This Ship Called?"

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Ahh, I see. I don’t care for its name. If it wasn’t named, I’d suggest something better.
It's apparently Hawaiian for "forest fire." Kyuu-Tales named the pairing.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I suppose I'll give this another try. Bill and Daisy, what would you call this ship? The hypothetical canonized ship that could be possibly listed as a Bulbapedia article as a resource kind of ship. Something a lot of Adventure fans could agree on.

uiJ39Xw.png

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
... BY THE SIX HOLY TENTACLES OF HELIX! THAT IS THE PERFECT NAME! Seriously though I am actually pretty surprised by this revelation. Thank you for this bit of information, this has honestly been bugging me for a while.
That's what we're here for, I'm glad it helped! When was the last time you asked in this thread, anyways? It's been named for at least 11 years now.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
That's what we're here for, I'm glad it helped! When was the last time you asked in this thread, anyways? It's been named for at least 11 years now.
Never have asked around on this section, I'm actually fairly new to the ship community... sort of anyway. As for the 11 years thing, I tried searching it up online but with no clear results. This is the first time someone gave a clear answer.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Never have asked around on this section, I'm actually fairly new to the ship community... sort of anyway. As for the 11 years thing, I tried searching it up online but with no clear results. This is the first time someone gave a clear answer.
Ah, gotcha bud. Well, welcome aboard! For future reference, there's a list of all formally named and recognized shippings here. It hasn't been updated in quite a while, though. SM was brand new and Obama was still President when the last new post was made. Still, for most pre-SM pairings you'll be able to find exactly what you're looking for on here. Or ask about it on this thread. It's been nearly two months since someone posted on here so it helps justify our existence

Kiryn

I know that the official shipping list has been in chaos in the past year or so. But still, I did all the research I could to see if these names/ships were free, and I've now submitted them to the tumblr blog, so now I'm just making a record here of these. A timestamp for when I did it.

Alain/Tracey: SaplingShipping

Max/Sawyer: StatShipping

Bonnie/Mimo: CinnamonSugarShipping

Lana/Mairin: SwimHatShipping

Morrison/Sophocles: FoodieShipping

Cameron/Nini: FumbleShipping

Drew/Ritchie: RoseLeagueShipping

Tobias/Virgil: LeagueVictorShipping

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
What's the name for Bugsy & Casey?
There isn't one on the list. Though I really feel I should stress by now that the last time the list was updated, Barack Obama was President of the United States. Still, I guess you would be technically free to name it, should you wish to do so.

Friendshipper

Gotta Love 'Em All
If I'm not mistaken, the bulbagarden shipping list hasn't been update for years or something, right?
Can't someone update it or make another one?

Last edited:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
If I'm not mistaken, the bulbagarden shipping list hasn't been update for years or something, right?
Can't someone update it or make another one?
You are absolutely correct, the list hasn't been updated since the Obama administration. There's not really anything we can do about that. I spoke to BMGf moderator Lillie about it about a month ago, and they told me they planned to update the list, though I haven't heard anything about it since then. I've already volunteered to help with the project, considering what a shame it would be for it to die.

pokeplayer9994

Wooloo & Mareep

The internet has already declared the two should be together. (If DeviantART hasn't made that obvious enough.) So, let's give the new ship a name.

From this day forth, I declare thee SheepShipping! (If the name isn't obvious enough.)

Does the world accept?

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Wooloo & Mareep

The internet has already declared the two should be together. (If DeviantART hasn't made that obvious enough.) So, let's give the new ship a name.

From this day forth, I declare thee SheepShipping! (If the name isn't obvious enough.)

Does the world accept?
Somehow that name is still free, and it's absolutely hilarious. I love it.

TaichiWind

CoralReefShipping - Olivia & Nessa

so this happens to be a ship that it's highly likely that i personally invented and am the only one that cares about, and the name appears to be free (it's not on the list and yes i get the list is ancient but it didn't hurt to check, and a google search gave me three results - a post in this very thread where the suggestion was passed over in lieu of a different name in that same post, a tumblr post where it was suggested for a different ship that already has a name, and my own tumblr post suggesting it for this ship). honestly i just wanna get this in as official a capacity as possible which is why i'm here.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
CoralReefShipping - Olivia & Nessa

so this happens to be a ship that it's highly likely that i personally invented and am the only one that cares about, and the name appears to be free (it's not on the list and yes i get the list is ancient but it didn't hurt to check, and a google search gave me three results - a post in this very thread where the suggestion was passed over in lieu of a different name in that same post, a tumblr post where it was suggested for a different ship that already has a name, and my own tumblr post suggesting it for this ship). honestly i just wanna get this in as official a capacity as possible which is why i'm here.
Lol it sounds like you're already perfectly aware of the issue right now. I really like the name though and I hope that this does indeed end up being free. I should note that a majority of names on the list have no supporters at all and thus wouldn't be mentioned online outside of compilations, so it's still not certain that this is free. Still, you've done all you can, and most people wouldn't do that much, so thank you for your effort.

On an entirely different note, I'm considering setting up a successor project, if the list really never is going to be updated. It's a messy thing of course, a lot of submissions between Jan 2017 and now would be lost forever, but it might be necessary to keep a lost generation from growing into two or even more lost generations. I'll probably consider it more if we don't hear anything by August, considering September was the SM anime announcement, and that carried a lot of traffic with it.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Lol it sounds like you're already perfectly aware of the issue right now. I really like the name though and I hope that this does indeed end up being free. I should note that a majority of names on the list have no supporters at all and thus wouldn't be mentioned online outside of compilations, so it's still not certain that this is free. Still, you've done all you can, and most people wouldn't do that much, so thank you for your effort.

On an entirely different note, I'm considering setting up a successor project, if the list really never is going to be updated. It's a messy thing of course, a lot of submissions between Jan 2017 and now would be lost forever, but it might be necessary to keep a lost generation from growing into two or even more lost generations. I'll probably consider it more if we don't hear anything by August, considering September was the SM anime announcement, and that carried a lot of traffic with it.
Hello again! Manqoba, I'd be in favor of helping out on a successor project. It's tragic that something with a tradition as long-standing as the list's ought to die out due to neglect. Nowadays, we can see people naming OC x Character pairings, as if to distinguish themselves and lend credibility/authenticity to something unofficial at their leisure.

At any rate, allow me to christen the new generation with some suggestions of my own!

- EightRegionsShipping (Ash & Gou & Koharu)
- KantoForestShipping (Professor Oak & Professor Sakuragi)
- UndergroundSceneShipping (Bede & Marnie)
- BusinessLeagueShipping (Chairman Rose & Oleana)
- CampfireCurryShipping (Hop & Victor & Gloria)

Last edited:

suhayl

I can't believe this is going to be my first post on Serebii, but there's nowhere else to discuss this.
There were some new characters introduced to Pokemon Go's storyline, including an old favorite.
Without further adieu, I suggest...

RocketfuelShipping PiercingShadowShipping- Arlo x Candela
Dovershipping RockGlacierShipping- Cliff(GO) x Blanche(GO) (Yikes)
ShockedballsShipping - Spark(GO) x Sierra
GOTR3Shipping - Cliff(GO) x Sierra x Arlo
PokemonTeamGoRocketShipping - Giovanni x Cliff(GO) x Arlo x Sierra x (optional)Grunts(F & M)
Trackershipping - Giovanni x Professor Willow - this is the only one I can't come up with a name for. Maybe or something? Help!

EDIT: Amended post to swap out unused names.

Last edited:

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
I think TrackerShipping is a fine name, provided it isn't taken. Thanks for the suggestions! :D

Hopefully we'll see more people return here after the games come out.