• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"What's This Ship Called?"

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
What about WaterLily for Sonia x Milo?

And also, thanks!
Again, WaterLilyShipping is taken.

At any rate, I think I prefer many of your suggestions over mine, so I'm going to go ahead and remove some from my previous post.

- BadAttitudeShipping (Bede & Gladion)
- BlueStreakShipping (Nessa & Shelly)
- TilledSoilShipping (Milo & Hapu)
- ChasingDragonsShipping (Raihan & Clair)
- SolitaryDarkShipping (Nanu & Piers)
- KamikakushiShipping (Bede & Gloria & Opal)
- LemmeTakeASelfieShipping (Raihan & himself)
- HyakkaRyoranShipping (Bea & Maylene)
- CaturdayShipping (Meowth, Meowth (Alolan), Meowth (Galarian), Persian, Persian (Alolan) & Perrserker)
- PosseShipping (Leon & Piers & Raihan)
- PoolsideShipping (Nessa & Sonia)
- LotusRootShipping (Milo & Nessa)
- RiseUpShipping (Piers & Raihan)
- GloriousGhostShipping (Allister & Gloria)
- RawVictoryShipping (Piers & Victor)
- BurningManShipping (Kabu & Piers)
- BroodingShipping (Guzma & Piers)
- BribeShipping (Chairman Rose & Giovanni)
- ShieldExclusiveShipping (Allister & Melony)
- SwordExclusiveShipping (Gordie & Bea)
- BadHatShipping (Victor & Moon)
- GymChallengeShipping (Bede, Hop, Victor, Gloria & Marnie)
- RanglingShipping (Hop & Leon & Milo)
- FieryPoseShipping (Kiawe & Leon)
- RivalPalsShipping (Hau & Hop)
Part of the reason I suggested "LotusRootShipping" was because I knew the likes of WaterFlower and WaterLily were taken. I'm partial to "SwordExclusive" so that it could more easily correspond to its counterpart.

I'm really, really set on PosseShipping because those guys have too many groupies between them. xD

Also! GalarShipping still isn't taken. I propose we use it for Victor & Gloria.

Edit: Some more pairing names that popped into my head at two o'clock in the morning...

- JotunheimShipping (Gordie & Melony)
- MidgardsormrShipping (Gordie & Raihan)
- InchoateShipping (Allister & Bede)
- AgniShipping (Gordie & Kabu)
- ZaoshenShipping (Kabu & Raihan)
- FreyrShipping (Milo & Marnie)
- XuanwuShipping (Gordie & Nessa)
- BrahmaShipping (Kabu & Bea)
- GhostRockShipping (Allister & Piers) - Not my suggestion, someone coined it on AO3
- FimbulShipping (Melony & Sonia)
- MurgleisShipping (Bede & Piers)
- ProximoShipping (Victor & Bea)
- PhosphorousShipping (Allister & Gordie)
- MudaShipping (Bede & Hop)
- BallThrowShipping (Hop & Leon)
- BurningBushShipping (Kabu & Milo)
- EragonShipping (Milo & Raihan)
- SecondBestShipping (Bede & Raihan)
- AstroturfShipping (Leon & Milo)
- IpetamShipping (Leon & Piers)
- SurtrShipping (Kabu & Leon)
- UneasyTermsShipping (Chairman Rose & Piers)
- FairyHeirShipping (Bede & Opal)
- HotTopicShipping (Piers & Marnie)
- PunkWaveShipping (Marnie & Nessa)
- IceBlockShipping (Bea & Melony)
- SnowyHearthShipping (Kabu & Melony)
- PromoterShipping (Chairman Rose & Leon)
- FlowerAmongWeedsShipping (Oleana & Sonia)
- PricklyPearShipping (Milo & Piers)
- GlacialMeltShipping (Melony & Nessa)
- SchistShipping (Gordie & Piers)
- VyingShipping (Hop & Raihan)
- OuendanShipping (Piers & Team Yell Grunt (Male) & Team Yell Grunt (Female))

Cross-Gen
- EverloreShipping (Mina & Opal)
- CharmtideShipping (Lana & Nessa)
- ValorblazeShipping (Kabu & Kiawe)
- KamenShipping (Allister & Will)
- RockOutShipping (Piers & Roxie)
- RockSoloShipping (Piers & Ryuki)
- CourtoftheFaeShipping (Opal & Valerie)
- ChampionExtraordinaireShipping (Leon & Diantha)
- GirlGotYourBackShipping (Oleana & Plumeria)
- PetersburgShipping (Glacia & Melony)

People-Pokemon
- AibouShipping (Hop & Dubwool (Hop's))
- AmpedShipping (Roxie & Toxtricity)

Pokemon
- MothraShipping (Frosmoth & Volcarona)
- DragonAppleShipping (Appletun & Flapple)
- FieryBugShipping (Centiskorch & Volcarona)
- DarkheraldShipping (Eternatus & Necrozma)
- HrottiShipping (Eternatus & Zacian)
- CarnwenhanShipping (Keldeo & Zacian)
- HollowSkyShipping (Eternatus & Rayquaza)

Someone on Bulbagarden suggested ShinKantoShipping for Ash & Gou, and someone else proposed GloryofLoveShipping for Gloria & Serena. Thoughts?

Edit: We may need to hold a Strawpoll for Leon & Sonia's ship name, since there are now three names in the running:

- SeparatePathsShipping
- LionheartedShipping (had to modify it slightly because "Lionheart" was taken)
- ComplementaryColorsShipping

Last edited:

Nathy-Marisson

Someone on Bulbagarden suggested ShinKantoShipping for Ash & Gou
Uh ... I don't like how it sounds for a ship that will be main ...

On tumblr they are already proposing names for Ash x Gou
  • GouacheShipping
  • FirstFriendShipping
  • LetsGoShipping
The first two seem better names for the ship but GouacheShipping is the one that has more uses at the moment.

Edit: Ah, I forgot to ask, Leon x Raihan what is the name of the ship?

Last edited:

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Uh ... I don't like how it sounds for a ship that will be main ...

On tumblr they are already proposing names for Ash x Gou
  • GouacheShipping
  • FirstFriendShipping
  • LetsGoShipping
The first two seem better names for the ship but GouacheShipping is the one that has more uses at the moment.

Edit: Ah, I forgot to ask, Leon x Raihan what is the name of the ship?
Tumblr's still active in this regard, even after the Shipping Suggestion page went dead... or did it? Huh, what d'ya know. I might need to check out the SwSh scene over there.

Leon & Raihan is OutcomeShipping. At least, that's what I'm trying to push for since I'm the first one who came up with a viable name.

Nathy-Marisson

Tumblr's still active in this regard, even after the Shipping Suggestion page went dead... or did it? Huh, what d'ya know. I might need to check out the SwSh scene over there.

Oh, the tumblr page is not active as far as I know, I was referring more to the tags in fan art, I should have clarified, I'm sorry.

Leon & Raihan is OutcomeShipping. At least, that's what I'm trying to push for since I'm the first one who came up with a viable name.

Oh, just come to propose TreasuredShipping we were already using it in Tumblr fan art...

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Oh, the tumblr page is not active as far as I know, I was referring more to the tags in fan art, I should have clarified, I'm sorry.

Oh, just come to propose TreasuredShipping we were already using it in Tumblr fan art...
Oh, it's fine! It's just... the people over at Tumblr need to be made aware that there's a method to this sort of thing. (And I've already established OutcomeShipping here, on Bulbagarden, and over at AO3, so...) I'm going to have to talk to Manqoba about this. This could end up like Gladion & Hau having two names for its ship, I guess.

Kiryn

Again, I don't know how well you guys keep up on ship tags on tumblr, but I figured that I'd mention that Nessa/Sonia seems to be commonly referred to as AquaHeartShipping. The person who created the name is garstella on tumblr, ftr.

I've also seen Leon/Raihan being called TrueRivalShipping. I don't know for sure on this one, but the first person that I can find as naming it is poisonrozen on tumblr.

In general, I've found a post that seems to list a bunch of SwSh ship names that tumblr's come up with, should I post a link? And should I post a link to what seem to be the posts that first named AquaHeart and TrueRival?

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Again, I don't know how well you guys keep up on ship tags on tumblr, but I figured that I'd mention that Nessa/Sonia seems to be commonly referred to as AquaHeartShipping. The person who created the name is garstella on tumblr, ftr.

I've also seen Leon/Raihan being called TrueRivalShipping. I don't know for sure on this one, but the first person that I can find as naming it is poisonrozen on tumblr.

In general, I've found a post that seems to list a bunch of SwSh ship names that tumblr's come up with, should I post a link? And should I post a link to what seem to be the posts that first named AquaHeart and TrueRival?
I think you should. Thank you so much for doing the research. I've messaged Manqoba and Bulbagarden's Lillie directly about the difficulties Tumblr's gung-ho approach is presently giving us. It's not helpful, and it's unfair to others who want to contribute.

Kiryn

You're welcome! (tho really....."research" was more "I am desperate for all the Sonia/Nessa content that I can get my hands on bc they're my favorite new SwSh ship, and also apparently Leon/Raihan is popular to ship alongside it" XP But yeah....at first I was just going to report in the names, but then I just figured that it'd be more helpful to just...offer up all the facts that I could, bc I was already deep into the tags, so I might as well see it through to the end. XD)

(Also, as a note, TrueRival and AquaHeart are free names, so far as I can see, if that saves you an extra step....tho you may want to check for yourself, and may have access to lists that I don't, so....fwiw, I guess XD)

Links:

TrueRival (+others): https://poisonrozen.tumblr.com/post/189141943072/pokemon-swsh-ship-names

AquaHeart (apparently the garstella account is deactivated, but this is the post; +OldFriend/LionHeart): https://aquaheartshipping.tumblr.com/post/185609223051/i-can-already-tell-that-ill-be-shipping

The general list of SwSh ship names: https://deadlyroseshipping.tumblr.com/post/189245087626/raihan-x-nessa-lochnessshipping-leon-x-nessa

Let me know if something goes wrong with the links, or something.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
You're welcome! (tho really....."research" was more "I am desperate for all the Sonia/Nessa content that I can get my hands on bc they're my favorite new SwSh ship, and also apparently Leon/Raihan is popular to ship alongside it" XP But yeah....at first I was just going to report in the names, but then I just figured that it'd be more helpful to just...offer up all the facts that I could, bc I was already deep into the tags, so I might as well see it through to the end. XD)

(Also, as a note, TrueRival and AquaHeart are free names, so far as I can see, if that saves you an extra step....tho you may want to check for yourself, and may have access to lists that I don't, so....fwiw, I guess XD)

Links:

TrueRival (+others): https://poisonrozen.tumblr.com/post/189141943072/pokemon-swsh-ship-names

AquaHeart (apparently the garstella account is deactivated, but this is the post; +OldFriend/LionHeart): https://aquaheartshipping.tumblr.com/post/185609223051/i-can-already-tell-that-ill-be-shipping

The general list of SwSh ship names: https://deadlyroseshipping.tumblr.com/post/189245087626/raihan-x-nessa-lochnessshipping-leon-x-nessa

Let me know if something goes wrong with the links, or something.
Excellent. Thank you so much! I really hope Manqoba gets back to me because this is precisely the reason the Never-ending Nightmare Tumblr ought to be rebooted in some form.

(I guess my suggestions are out the window. :( I was even telling people on AO3 to use it... this is a disaster.)

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I think I need to remind everyone that for pairings with an extant community (multiple independent fanfic writers, for instance) the list documents the most popular name for a pairing in its community, not necessarily the first-to-file. It's been this way forever; if it wasn't, we'd be calling Ash x Serena DumbBlondeShipping. I'll be monitoring the situation, particularly with Ash x Gou, and doing a lot of research before deciding which name to document, or if I should wait for things to settle further. Any research you guys can share is very helpful as well.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Oh, I just realized no one coined names for Pokemon Masters ships yet! Well, how about PasioShipping for Scottie (Masters) & Bettie (Masters)? (Those are the MCs' names, by the way.) We can use EntourageShipping for Lear (Masters), Sawyer (Masters) & Rachel (Masters).

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Is there a name yet for Ash x Gloria?

If not, I think I'm going to suggest GloryofGalarShipping for it.

Reasoning: Pokemon battling, as you may be able to tell, is taken more seriously in Galar compared to other regions. With its heavy sport-aesthetic and championship system that no other region has. And we all know that Ash wants to be the absolute best at battling. It's reasonable to assume that Gloria could be the same, having grown up in Galar, as well as her name literally meaning Glory.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Is there a name yet for Ash x Gloria?

If not, I think I'm going to suggest GloryofGalarShipping for it.

Reasoning: Pokemon battling, as you may be able to tell, is taken more seriously in Galar compared to other regions. With its heavy sport-aesthetic and championship system that no other region has. And we all know that Ash wants to be the absolute best at battling. It's reasonable to assume that Gloria could be the same, having grown up in Galar, as well as her name literally meaning Glory.
You probably saw this coming, but I'm going to have to defer on this name until it's 100% clear whether or not Gloria will make any meaningful appearance in the anime. If she does, this could become a top pairing for a series that otherwise has few Ash x female pairings, and if she doesn't, this could still very easily reach the size of OthelloShipping.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Can I please have an explanation as to why the bloody hell we can't have any names for any potential SwSh shippings involving Ash right now?! It's honestly infuriating me.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Can I please have an explanation as to why the bloody hell we can't have any names for any potential SwSh shippings involving Ash right now?! It's honestly infuriating me.
Woah, no need to get worked up over it. I think it's more an issue of where the anime seems to be headed right now. We don't know if Ash will actually do anything substantial in Galar, but we want to leave everything on the table in the event he does. That way we can avoid future headaches. After all, it wouldn't be pleasant to put ourselves in the position of having to deal with groups of people raising objections with names that were suggested long before anime canon became relevant to game canon. (I've not been around as long, so maybe there's a precedent in Amour for this?)