• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"What's This Ship Called?"

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Can I please have an explanation as to why the bloody hell we can't have any names for any potential SwSh shippings involving Ash right now?! It's honestly infuriating me.
Calm down, Karen.

The list documents the name people use to refer to a pairing. It doesn't exist to force people to use a particular name, and it certainly doesn't exist for people in naming threads on Bulbagarden or Serebii to preempt a larger community. I'm not documenting the first name to file if it has 3 results on Google and a name selected by that pairing's community has 1,500. These threads exist to name the pairings that don't have a community to name it themselves. No one is preventing anyone from naming the rarepairs that make up 99.9% of the list. If you want to name Ash and a completely random character of the day from SWSH, be my guest. If you want to name Ash and a major character in the anime, or a major character in the games who can reasonably be foreseen to be a major character in the anime, that's where I have to defer and allow that pairing's bona fide supporters to name it. If 25 episodes into the series, Gloria hasn't appeared at all and there's no Ash & Gloria community, I'll be sure to document according to usage and who filed first.

LillieKetchum

So I’m a bit confused, because I was searching up why Gladion x Moon is Lonashipping, then I found out that some people call it Mahinashipping. So which one is it? Also I’m on mobile so sorry but I don’t have CTRL + F but is Sun x Lillie named? I can’t find it online anywhere.
Thanks!

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
So I’m a bit confused, because I was searching up why Gladion x Moon is Lonashipping, then I found out that some people call it Mahinashipping. So which one is it? Also I’m on mobile so sorry but I don’t have CTRL + F but is Sun x Lillie named? I can’t find it online anywhere.
Thanks!
I almost said "This is one of the problems when you lose an entire generation" but both of these pairings are on the Dec 31 16 list, so that doesn't actually apply. As far as the list is concerned, Gladion & Selene is LonaShipping. They're actually nearly equal in popularity, but Lona just barely edges out Mahina. This pairing is a lot more popular than I was expecting honestly. Also, Elio & Lillie is ShiningSunShipping.

Nathy-Marisson

Hello! I came to register a name for a ship that I think it doesn't have. (If so, let me know)

Shingetsushipping - Moon (Special) & Whi-Two

and I remembered that I sent some to the tumblr because I didn't know I was inactive... sorry.

Perseveranzashipping - Sawyer & Aria.
DancePerformanceshipping - Tierno & Amelia (XY109)
Coordinationshipping - Nando & Solidad.
Donnamaitoshipping - Trip & Montgomery.
ReineRoiShipping - Calem & Nini
WaitingforyouShipping - Emilio & Bonnie
ShowcastingShipping - Brad Van & Violet.
RoSeaShipping - Dorian & Lily
PhotocostumeShipping - Robert (Unova) & Duplica.
Sorrityshipping - Sorrel x Verity
Actionmovieshipping - Luke & Edmund.
FashionCompanyShipping - Jesica & Lilia
DouceScienceShipping - Cosette & Éclairisse

Have a nice day!

CrazyMew37

Hello! Deciding to add in my suggestion/item here!
I decided to call EthanXKrisXLyra MindCrystalShipping. Yeah, it's a Threesome/Throuple type of shipping, but I honestly enjoy the idea of it. MindCrystal came from the idea of Heartgold and Soulsilver. Considering that it's GSC and HGSS combined into one shipping, the most logical thing to do was call it MindCrystal (As in the Heart, Soul, and Mind.)

Other Shippings I'd like to see be named are kinda weird, but just an out-of-the-blue thought. What would you call SilverXDawn and YellowXEmerald? Weird idea, but I'd love to see suggestions! :D

(Quick Update: CTRL+F'd the list, apparently EmeraldXYellow is HammerspaceShipping. Weird name, but I have no clue about the Manga so yeah... Still no SilverXDawn...)

Last edited:

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Hello! Deciding to add in my suggestion/item here!
I decided to call EthanXKrisXLyra MindCrystalShipping. Yeah, it's a Threesome/Throuple type of shipping, but I honestly enjoy the idea of it. MindCrystal came from the idea of Heartgold and Soulsilver. Considering that it's GSC and HGSS combined into one shipping, the most logical thing to do was call it MindCrystal (As in the Heart, Soul, and Mind.)

Other Shippings I'd like to see be named are kinda weird, but just an out-of-the-blue thought. What would you call SilverXDawn and YellowXEmerald? Weird idea, but I'd love to see suggestions! :D

(Quick Update: CTRL+F'd the list, apparently EmeraldXYellow is HammerspaceShipping. Weird name, but I have no clue about the Manga so yeah... Still no SilverXDawn...)
Thanks for the suggestion, but Ethan, Kris & Lyra is already CutiesInPigtailsShipping. Also, Silver & Dawn is BlackMaidenShipping.

CrazyMew37

Thanks for the suggestion, but Ethan, Kris & Lyra is already CutiesInPigtailsShipping. Also, Silver & Dawn is BlackMaidenShipping.
Thanks for the info! Too bad to see that EthanxKrisxLyra's shipping name has already been taken (MindCrystal is better and more creative in my opinion. CutiesInPigtails sounds more like NewReplacement!), but I should take this into consideration and edit my fanfic about EthanxKrisxLyra.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Thanks for the info! Too bad to see that EthanxKrisxLyra's shipping name has already been taken (MindCrystal is better and more creative in my opinion. CutiesInPigtails sounds more like NewReplacement!), but I should take this into consideration and edit my fanfic about EthanxKrisxLyra.
Seems it was named surprisingly late, actually. The name first appeared in early Gen 6. NewReplacementShipping, on the other hand, dates to 2009, mere weeks after HGSS were announced in Japan.

CrazyMew37

Seems it was named surprisingly late, actually. The name first appeared in early Gen 6. NewReplacementShipping, on the other hand, dates to 2009, mere weeks after HGSS were announced in Japan.
Uh, thanks for the fact? Anyway, I'm a bit new here, and I need a bit of help on how to change the titles of posts. Want to change how I used to call EthanxKrisxLyra to it's actual name. Here is my fanfic, by the way!
https://forums.serebii.net/threads/...er-and-crystal-mindcrystalshipping-pg.672861/

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
You have to ask a mod to change the title of a thread.

As for your fanfic... I may review it later since I wanna add activity to the shipping fic section, as tiny as the contribution might be, and have been meaning to but no promises.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Has Go/Koharu been named yet?

Aquaslash

Is there already a shipping name for Swampert and Primarina? Because if there isn’t, I might have one: MarshMermaid Shipping.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Is there already a shipping name for Swampert and Primarina? Because if there isn’t, I might have one: MarshMermaid Shipping.
There are a solid 4 pairings with Primarina at this point, and that's not one of them. I'll be sure to add it in the next update.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I'd love if someone came up with a name for Goh/Chloe.

Kiryn

Is there a link to the updated shipping list?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I'd love if someone came up with a name for Goh/Chloe.
Why does Pokemon have to be so weird when it comes to naming these things? Also I have one but I warn you it is not good.

NotAMewsedShipping. Because Goh is after Mew and Koharu is apathetic to Pokemon in general.