• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"What's This Ship Called?"

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
And a couple questions:
Is there a difference between, say, Treecko x Totodile vs. Ash's Treecko x Ash's Totodile? I'm certain it's been asked before, but I've never really found an answer...
Is there any particular convention for choosing between two more or less equally used names? (probably not, but...)
It's a question of relation. Generally, you assume if both or all the pokémon involved are owned by relatable to the groups they're involved in, the 'ship means the specific characters.

Any pokémon owned currently, in his team or Oak'd, involved in a 'ship are generally considered specific ownership first, random critters later. You say Piplup/Pikachu, you think Dawn's and Ash's, because of the group they're in, even if they aren't identified. Likely, that's who they'll mean anyway.

Any of TR's pokémon mixing among their associated partners (Weezing/Arbok) are easily constrewn, and 'ships like Weezing/Yanmega may or may not need James' and Jessie's tags, because they never associated during the same timetable. However, Weezing/Mime Jr wouldn't, because bth are owned by James and share that instant insight to ownership.

Zoey's Glameow and Kenny's Breloom would need tags, because while they are coomonly associated as Coordinators, they don't travel together, like any of Ash/Dawn/Brock/etc's pokémon do. Dawn's Piplup and Misty's Psyduck would need to be tagged, because even if they do meet and hang for five episodes, they won't travel to the extent of the mainmain group of the Gen.

^^; In short: it's all about relativity. For Treecko/Totodile? It'd be Ash's first, wild second, even if it's not tagged as Ash's. If there are two separate 'ships for tagged and untagged, either assume there's a good reason, it's old and no one can replace it, or it slipped past us.

...it's probably not a decipherable answer and I'm sorry for that. =\

Golden Ash

Advance Master
I'm at a rut here..... most of the ones I think of are chosen already T.T

I did get one... SpaceLeaderShipping- Giovanni & Cyrus

Being the leader of groups whose title involves space (rocket and galaxy respectively) I think it makes sense.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Alright, make this easy on yourself. When it comes to the three GSC characters, it breaks down like this:

game / anime / manga
Hiro / Jimmy / Gold
Kamon / Kamon / Silver
Kris / Marina / Crystal​

Additional note--in the manga Golden Boys, the rival is called Black.

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
Alright, make this easy on yourself. When it comes to the three GSC characters, it breaks down like this:

game / anime / manga
Hiro / Jimmy / Gold
Kamon / Kamon / Silver
Kris / Marina / Crystal​

Yes, Kamon's listed twice.

So what you're looking for is:

Harley/Jimmy
Harley/Jackson
Brendan/Kris (game)
Brendan/Marina (anime)
Drew/Kris? or Marina?
Harley/Kris? or Marina?

Ok then thanks

So can anyone help me with these

Harley/Jimmy
Harley/Jackson
Brendan/Kris (game)
Brendan/Marina (anime)
Drew/Kris? or Marina?
Harley/Kris? or Marina

and if u don't no the names can you help me make some up.

sanjay120

?(???)?
I'm at a rut here..... most of the ones I think of are chosen already T.T

I did get one... SpaceLeaderShipping- Giovanni & Cyrus

Being the leader of groups whose title involves space (rocket and galaxy respectively) I think it makes sense.

Can you hold off on making that official for a while? There are a few others who want to name that. You don't have to but it would be nice.

darklord18

Here one, I hope it ok
Partnershipping (Lucas & Mira)
If not. tell me, I'm not good of thinking names.

flyboy1308

Coming Ta Town
Is there a name for James & Domino? It's not on the list :(
If not, I would call it RoseThrowerShipping, because both have the signature of throwing a rose.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Domino doesn't have a rose at all. Her weapon is a TULIP. Or did you miss how her nickname is the Black Tulip?

flyboy1308

Coming Ta Town
Okaaay. My mistake. FlowerThrowerShipping, then?

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
Hmm for Harley and Marina (Show) Umm hmm maybe PopStarDivas?
Harley and Vincent (show) Hmm well GreenShirtMen?

Luckk

So... many... shippings.

So many I thought of, I was surprised they already had names but can someone tell me why Ash and Misty being together (assuming they were siblings) is called AndrewsShipper?

Sounds a bit random.

Lunagel

TEAM CROAGUNK FTW!
Didn't see Mr. Mime & Jynx in there... I guess it could be DemiHumanShipping.

I'll just go ahead and name my random OTP too... Steven & Delia - ShinyStoneShipping.

Even though Incredibly eager me already put it in my sig like a month ago when I first thought of it. I... wanted to make sure I remembered it. lol.

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
So many I thought of, I was surprised they already had names but can someone tell me why Ash and Misty being together (assuming they were siblings) is called AndrewsShipper?

Sounds a bit random.

No idea, actually. That's been there for a loooooong time.