• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's under all the tangles of Tangela?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
What do you think lies under those vines covering Tangela? I think it could be a Shellder because the eyes and the color of face are the same.

Tangela is pretty weird if you think about it. The Pokedex doesn't even know what is behind those vines; only that they snap off easily and painlessly. It seems as if Tangela wears big red boots, which makes me think it is a small, human-like figure. Its face does look like Shellder's, but what is inside Shellder's shell? The Pokedex mainly talks about Shellder's tongue, like it only talks about Tangela's vines. Shellder obviously seems like a darkish fish-like figure, which is why I don't think the two have much in common. Both of them look shady, but at least we know that Shellder is somewhat related to the clams and oysters. What is Tangela related to in real life? Maybe it represents a strange flower in the jungle that is mutated or something; who knows?

Larry

I think there is a body under there and it just has really crazy hair.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Tangela is pretty weird if you think about it. The Pokedex doesn't even know what is behind those vines; only that they snap off easily and painlessly. It seems as if Tangela wears big red boots, which makes me think it is a small, human-like figure. Its face does look like Shellder's, but what is inside Shellder's shell? The Pokedex mainly talks about Shellder's tongue, like it only talks about Tangela's vines. Shellder obviously seems like a darkish fish-like figure, which is why I don't think the two have much in common. Both of them look shady, but at least we know that Shellder is somewhat related to the clams and oysters. What is Tangela related to in real life? Maybe it represents a strange flower in the jungle that is mutated or something; who knows?

Yes, probably. But remember, nobody has seen the inside of a Shellder's shell.
I used to think Tangela's body was a Voltorb or Gastly.

mangaeyes

I think the vines are its body and they can't fall off or shed or anything and deep inside is just its insides.

I'm sure it's the Shoop Da Whoop face xD

Probably just a black globe with big eyes, a small mouth and red boots.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
I'm sure it's the Shoop Da Whoop face xD

Probably just a black globe with big eyes, a small mouth and red boots.
Maybe it is a black globe with eyes.
Or maybe a black hole!
What ever it is, it evolves.

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
Shellders eyes look to dopey to be the same thing as Tangela. I think it's just some little black ball that obviously has some kind of legs

alli940

I can see you
its probably a vine and nothing else. if you would cut their tangles off they would

a) reaveale floating eyes with boots following it
b) it would just grow real quickly again.

Something so horrible it would haunt your sleep for years.

Probably.

I agree with this guy. There's a REASON he hides under all those vines, ya know.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy

cascade88

< go ask alice >
There's probably just some small, non-extraordinary body of some sort under there, nothing to get too fussy over.

PokeFreak001

Queen of Ice
Tangela is just cousin IT from the Adams Family and it just so happens he is having a bad hair day lol but really its related to a Tumbleweed with eyes (it needs them to see since its a living thing and can't use echo location like Zubat) and the boot thing is Im guessing covering feet that it needs to move around because it may be to heavy for the wind to blow it around like normal real life Tumbleweeds and real life Tumbleweeds are balls of dead dried up old vines and sticks and weeds so that can relate to Tangela's vines snapping off easy due to how dry it's vines are.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Gooey from Kirby's Dream Land :p

But seriously, probably some fragile being that needs the vines for support and sturdiness. Upon evolvong, the vines become a part of Tangela, similar to how the mushrooms on Paras become a part of Parasect.

It's not the first time I've noticed things like this. At first, I honestly thought that Gastly was the being inside Cloyster's shell. They are next to each other in the Pokedex after all. o_O

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
A black ball with boots and eyes. Or something frightening. Or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.