• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Whats up with the Sky One

Pokémon Master Josh

Orange Champion
Thank god they're starting again!

What time are they repeated on Saturdays, because I'm on my paper round at 7.30 on a Sunday!

K

Katsuya

I must admit, I find myself looking forward to watching the pokemon on Toonami. I didn't catch yesterday's Ep, what was it?

I taped Volcanic Panic, Charizard V Magmar was better than alot of the current Pokemon battles.

P

pitcher_ross

Toonami also show Pokemon in the morning, I was flicking though Sky this morning at 8-9 am and the episodes were Princess vs. Princess, and The Purrfect Hero.

K

Katsuya

Woo, today's EP will most loiekly be Misty Mermaid!

Dewgong > Alot of Pokemon.

Water Spirit

~*Animus Aquae*~
So aren't they showing any Pokemon episodes on Sky One until the 23rd October then?
¬_¬ Great. I don't really understand what the program 'The Match' is. It seems to have four one hour slots in a row! Is it really that good?

Anyway, I think Sky One is OK to some extent, after all it is the only channel where we can watch the up to date Houen episodes after the US - so I guess we can't complain too much... but that's just MO, so please don't bash. But they do seem to have irregular time intervals. I guess they've put them to a halt coz they're going to show them all in the half term, but I guess if they had show them on every Sunday AND in the half term then we would be miles ahead of the US and then they would run out of dubbed ones to show us. I've got nothing aginst them showing the eppys in the US first, after all it is dubbed there and I guess they have a bit more authority over it since 4Kids is an American company.

But after the half term, we shouldn't be that far behind the US so I guess that's OK - and it might end up being like someone said where the US show it on a Saturday and we have it on a Sunday.

K

Katsuya

There was a time when

- Sky One went ahead of US in Yu-Gi-Oh, 2 shows every weekend

- Nickeloden shot past both with 4 shows every weekend

Toonami has a big advantage. If they've signed the whole of the show, then we could see them finishing Orange Islands by end of the year, moving onto Johto, which would be finished April-ish. By then, US would've finished Hoenn, Sky One nearing the end. Toonami has a very small chance of beating Sky One to the end of Hoenn.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Katsuya said:
Toonami has a big advantage. If they've signed the whole of the show, then we could see them finishing Orange Islands by end of the year, moving onto Johto, which would be finished April-ish. By then, US would've finished Hoenn, Sky One nearing the end. Toonami has a very small chance of beating Sky One to the end of Hoenn.

Face it, Toonami is a cheapass show. The one in the uk only can afford about 5 different cartoons, hence why so much dragonball rubbish is put on there(I mean it must at least be on there about 20 times a day!). Toonami's budget for pokemon episodes is limited, it seems like it took them ages to be able to get the end of the kanto season! Never mind Hoenn lol.

K

Katsuya

Ya know, they repeated Season 1 for like, a month or so.

Sky One repeat stuff for about 3-4 months it would seem.

F

Factory Head Noland

Are the Orange Islands in series 2 up to "Charizard Chills"?

I also love the Ash VS Blaine battle, the music is just awesome and it's an excellent battle.

Sky One really need to pull their finger out and get real! They aren't even putting Pokemon on this weekend!

I now watch the retro eps on Toonami I like where they are atnow (not the beginning!) I like it when it's further in the show.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Maybe I'm wrong, but I have serious doubts that Toonami will go past season one. It didn't advertise anything past the indigo league tournament it during it's commercial for the episodes.

Why is Dragonball/Dragonball Z on there so much anyway?! I know it's fairly popular, but surely it's not that much more popular than Pokemon! We'd be in poke-heaven if they showed as many eps of pokemon as they do of Dragonball Z, I mean like one day it was played between something like 12:00-5:00am and then 9:00-1:00pm!! wtf's that all about?!!

F

Factory Head Noland

They have already had season 1, they are on to season 2 now.

I don't see the point in Dragonball Z, I watched a little bit once and I was like *SNORE* it's crap.

K

Kyo Sohma

I live in the U.S,so have KidsWB.I hope Sky One catches up,so UK will have the same episodes shown at the same time as us,like U.S Saturday and U.K Sunday.

B

Brooklyn

yeah, at last we are gettin new episodes.
Its taken far too long. But sky one suck i hate them.

F

Factory Head Noland

Me to! We have to wait for ages for the new episodes!!

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
At least they show episodes, the only problem is there timing is irregular. I don't mind them showing any pokemon season during the wait for the new episodes, preferably hoenn stuff so we don't lose too much interest in that particular region and because no one else shows it.

What I do dread is the fact that they're going to keep this cycle up of showing a set of new episodes every two/three months.

P

pitcher_ross

Isn't this nice, all us UK people brought together in one thread!

I agree, with Sharpshooter007, Toonami probably won't go past the first series. There may be a chance that they will get the second, but I severely doubt they will show Johto - that lasted for ages!

What I do dread is the fact that they're going to keep this cycle up of showing a set of new episodes every two/three months

I don't really mind that, apart from they show it at ridiculous times, and will repeat all the episodes again for months after this season!

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
pitcher_ross said:
Isn't this nice, all us UK people brought together in one thread!

I know. I didn't think there would be so many of us wanting to complain to Sky.

F

Factory Head Noland

Well Sky is crap!

Toonami have already gone past season 1 they are on season 2! (I've said this before)

Todays episode on Toonami was "The Battle Of The Badge", an excellent episode! Not soon until the Orange Islands!!!!!!!!!

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Looks like pokemon advanced challenge is appearing on 23rd of october as pitcher_ross correctly pointed out. Well assuming that the radiotimes (i.e one of the UK's leading TV guide's) is correct!

http://www.radiotimes.com/jsp/listings_search.jsp

Then type pokemon on the right hand box where it says "Search for a current TV programme by name". You get a list of the upcomming pokemon episodes on sky one/sky one mix (not including any other channels like toonami etc). I you look at the bottom, it says:

Sunday 23 October, 8:30am, Sky One:
Pokemon Advanced Challege (if you click on it says "What you seed is what you get"

Sunday 23 October, 10:00am, Sky One Mix:
Pokemon Advanced Challenge (Also "What you seed is what you get")

Sunday 24 October, 8:30am, Sky One:
Pokemon Advanced Challenge (wait for it........"Love at first flight" yes after all the dispute of being banned, we get to see it first time round lol)

Sunday 24 October, 10:00, Sky One Mix:
Pokemon Advanced Challenge (Love at first flight again)

Check every so often for more updates on whats coming up.

For some reason I don't seem to hate sky as much anymore. Just hope they stick to their word!

Last edited:
P

pitcher_ross

The site I used is:

www.mydigiguide.com

If you type in Pokémon (with the é (press 'Contol Alt E') ) it shows you all the channels which screen it in the UK

Indeed, 'What you Seed is What you get' is on Saturday the 23rd
'Love at First Flight' is on Sunday the 24th
'Let Bagons Be Bagons' is on Monday the 25th

All of these are on the sensible time of 8:30 too!