• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Whats with Regigigas being so weak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well it is very powerful, there are bound to be downsides/drawbacks.

It has powerful Physical strength but low Speed I believe.

no it's got pretty good speed...as in 328 maximum... btw I like how this discussion has turned from regigigas to slaking

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
no it's got pretty good speed...as in 328 maximum... btw I like how this discussion has turned from regigigas to slaking

Yeah that was a kind of random switch. from Regigigas to Slaking lol

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
Yeah. they both have limiting abilities (truant and slow-start) but have high stats.

Luckster

LET THE MUSIC PLAY!~
Wow...people are still complaining about Slow Start? I'm going to assume people do not know how to properly train Regigigas for competitive battle in order to not see Slow Start as a problem.

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
You just need to train it properly. Besides, if you're going against weaker pokemon the Slow Start doesn't even affect it that much.

DYLANJON

FC: 4855 8997 3020
k wtf this doesnt make sense at all,the legendary birds have a master,lugia,its a uber,the legendary dogs have a master,ho oh,its a uber,the regis have a master,regigigas,its not a uber! wtf the 3 regis were my favorite in the 3rd generation but when the 4th gen came,i was crazy about regigigas,and what do i get,slow start,i thought it was going to have clear body!!

so reason why i made this thread,i thought heart gold and soul silver will have seismic toss to teach regigigas but no! in fire red and leaf green,seismic toss made registeel almost unstoppable,i gotta say,the 3 regis are stronger then regigigas.even in double to skill swap or worry seed it,he still sucks,it cant learn stat boosting moves,it cant learn protect or even rest.

I followed the strategies of his pokemon of the week and smogon.com,but he still sucks,even as an annoyer,a tank,and a wall.

I was crazy when i thought regigigas will have a sky forme but no,will this garbage ever be any good?

dont reply with giving it support in double battles,talk more about regigigas in single battles.

1st off, with a whopping 160 base attack and a surprising 110 speed, why would regigigas need stat boost moves.
2nd, just because Shaymin has a sky forme doesn't mean regigigas needs one, sorry to break the news, but regigigas will likely never have a sky forme.
3rd, don't expect an unstoppable killer machine legendary to ever grace pokemon games, even arceus isn't overly powerful, slaking has truant, and arceus has probably one of the more crappy abilities that most powerhouse pokemon possess, you should just live with the fact that Regigigas isn't perfect.
And to arceusgamer14, regigigas will likely never lose its ability.

it also isn't hard to counter Slow Start, give it 252 evs for Attack and Speed, and 6 for defence.

Charmageddon

Why are people complaining that Regigigas would be overpowered if he had something other than slow start? Of course he would be overpowered! Just like Mewtwo, Lugia, Rayquaza and all the others in Uber, they're Uber because they're overpowered, and they're meant to be! Gigas doesn't even have as high base stats as Rayquaza, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Dialga etc., but he should. The standard is to have a trio of 580 legendaries, with a 680 master, I don't know why they decided to go against that and nerf Regigigas.

Give him Pressure and whack him in Uber where he belongs.

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
it also isn't hard to counter Slow Start, give it 252 evs for Attack and Speed, and 6 for defence.

It's quite easy to counter it though, all a pokemon needs to totally wall Slaking in normal battles are;

Protect/detect
stat boosting move

They come in on the turn Slaking is truant, protect when he attacks, stat boost on truant turn, rinse and repeat.

I'd rather use Regigigas over slaking when it comes down to it in a double battle, so the skill swapper isn't screwed next turn.

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
Yeah I think that Regigigas is better than Slaking. at least Regigigas can attack every turn rather than have one turn to attack then one turn where he can't

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
Well it comes down to one of two options or answers from me. They not be right but i'll let you decide that...

Any pokemon can be strong or weak pending on how well and how hard you train your pokemon, you could have a vigorously trained Caterpie taking down a Geodude for all i know. It just really depends on how its trained. Like ok sure, it looks stronger and better, but looks can be deseiving

Now its time for the less logical answer... You can expect every single legendary to be super strong, maybe its just one of the surprise turnouts perhpas

End Fashion

Darwinian algorithm.
Relating to the initial topic post, here are some theories:

- Game Freak just wanted to piss on your parade;
- Regigigas is incorrectly labelled as Legendary, and is in fact Emo: starting out as the small and weak minority but building up to be the cultural norm;
- Game Freak gives you a challenge; don't be a pussy;
- the lulz;
- 670 BST is whack with only one weakness, unless your name is Arceus...
- GF was already contemplating the God of all Pokemon (Arceus) and didn't want to ruin it;
- Pokemon 'Bland' didn't have a good ring to it, hence Regigigas was never going to be the mascot of a Pokemon game (one of the prerequisites to being awesome, since GSE up).
- more lulz.

Yes, it is a shame that Regigigas is so handicapped. That said, its massive attack and decent speed tend to lure players into making him a potential sweeper, whilst they overlook its 110/110/110 defensive stats and only one weakness. That is pretty good as a general wall. Emphasis on 'general,' rather than physical, special or synergic wall.

Maybe he sucks because people play him wrong?

PS ShinyPichu4Ever has the best sig pic ever.

Last edited:

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
<Thread Revived>

I support this thread with all my life lol

Regigigas still pisses me off!

And Giovanni, I support your signature with my own.

He does make a good switch inducer. Tracers hate him, Choice locked Pokes using Ghost-type moves hate him, things that hate status abhor him. And things that set up on him have to watch out for Psych Up. To completely circumvent Slow-Start, you really have to devote your move set around it...

- Thunder wave
- Swagger
- Psych Up
- Head Butt

That's about as good as you're going to get for status. Obviously it's far from perfect. Pretty soon he'll have Block, too. So Toxic Stall will become a reality. Then there's Gravity...

- Gravity
- Focus Blast
- Thunder
- Earth Power

Few things below Ubers have access to Gravity AND the defenses to pull it off, not to mention a usable Ground Move. It's still limited by the slower speed and using the less desirable of his attacking stats. But the type coverage, accuracy, power, and hax of the moves with Gravity when it's in effect all make this set viable. But you've really got to have status moves when using him in Singles. He needs that support option to prevent Slow Start from weighing down the team.

Maybe 5th Gen they'll reduce Slow Start to 3 turns. This time, its just too successful at preventing him from functioning well.

Radon

Ok, not to troll, but put spaces between your commas.

Anyway, I don't think Regigigas is very weak, but yes he is slow. I mean, just think about it if Regigigas was fast, then he would be almost impossible to beat. But being so slow, it lets people have an actual chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.