• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Whats with the Zoey hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Why does everybody here hate Zoey? I dont understand.

Tri hawk

Say no to Poké-drugs
She thinks she's the best at everything, so she's rather annoying.

I don't like the look of her either.

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

Well, it has to do with the fact that she feels she's a "know it all". Thinks she knows what's best for other co-ordinators and is rather stuck up.

At least, this is what I've taken from the people who post about her. I myself am slightly unsure. Though, being rather close minded towards letting "others" compete in both contests and gyms apparently rubs her the wrong way. Other than that, well, I can't really say for sure.

I've heard she's in part responsible for Dawn losing another contest via Ambipom.

~C_L~

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Zoey's a controlling wench in a nutshell and the likely reason Dawn's doing so poorly in Contests.

Also ...

[spoil]
That Zoey was the one who suggested the trade between Buizel and Apiom seems to have earned her a lot of flank. People already didn't like Zoey for trying to control people's training habits before that point. Having her esentially be the cause of one of the most poorly received events thus far this series doesn't really help her character.
[/spoil]

Zoey's a controlling wench in a nutshell and the likely reason Dawn's doing so poorly in Contests.

Also ...

[spoil]
That Zoey was the one who suggested the trade between Buizel and Apiom seems to have earned her a lot of flank. People already didn't like Zoey for trying to control people's training habits before that point. Having her esentially be the cause of one of the most poorly received events thus far this series doesn't really help her character.
[/spoil]

This is the best post I've ever seen. It took the words right of my mouth.

An00bis I congratulate you.

Cobalt_Latios

Also ...

[spoil]
[/spoil]
Okay, yeah, this is what I was mostly attempting to get at. How the heck did I forget that anyways? It's one of the biggest events in this series. Well, one of the least favored anyways...

Thanks.

~C_L~

I have plenty of reasons I can't stand that character. Its not like Paul where he's cool *****y character. No Zoey is a know it all, shoves opinions on characters and dislikes characters who are into contests and gyms. I really hated her when she spoke up to Ash on that he shouldn't be in contests, that got me. But other stuff yah. She irrates me, her and Piplup yes. The two most annoying creaters on Pokemon anime.

Satoshifangirl

Because she's a total biatch!
Ok maby not that but i just don't like her. Like when she said that you can't do gym battles and contest at the same time. I mean...why not? what's wrong with that? :S and she's always being a ***** too Hikari! She never says anything nice. But that's just my opinion ;)

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I dislike her because I personally find her to be extremely boring. My oh my, if she were half as 'stuck up' as people make her out to be, then maybe she'd actually have a sliver of entertainment value. I have nothing against friendly characters, hell, some of my favourites are ’friendly’. But when they're written like Zoey, they're about as entertaining as reading the ingredients on the back of a soup can.

Well, guys, that's how she is. Blame the creators of Zoey D<.

In my opinion, Zoey's awesome. She has a great attitude... And as I said in another thread, her attitude is different from the other people's attitude. And being different is for the win. <-

thunderblade12

she is hated because
[SPOIL]she suggested the trade of aipomXbuizel. she showed up out of no where to yell at dawn when her an ambipom lost the solaceon contest. she gets mad when people dont do what she wants and agree with her every word.[/SPOIL]

thats what i heard other people say annyway

PDL

disenchanted
She's seen as dull by alot of people (which is kinda how I view her), so she's kinda become an acceptable target for hatred. I mean, the stuck-up know-it-all additute would have been okay, but it's not even presented properly, she's too dull to pull it off.

Also, to me, her Pokémon are extremely boring (except for Misdreavus, which is always shafted much to my dissapointment). Why on earth they continue to showcase Glameow and the Western Shellos (The two Sinnoh Pokémon that I like the least) is beyond me.

However, I don't see how the Buizel/Aipom trade is "poorly-received". It was going to happen and it's good that they showed it off because trading is an enormous part of the game, yet it's rarely showcased or it's put in a bad light.

Last edited:
I never really understood why so many people hated Nozomi either. >> I mean, sure characters get hated. But she seems to be hated by everyone.

I actually like how she's nosy and *****y. It's just her personality. And I really like her attitude. :] But that's just me.

PDL

disenchanted
Another reason why her popularity is low is that there's no Zoey superfan to berate anyone who would bash her (Misty has Weedle Mchairybug, Tracy has whatshername...)

The closest thing to a "Zoey superfan" would possibly be Koroboshii Kojiro, and I can't tell whether he's posting ironically or not anymore.

TeddiUrsa

Another reason why her popularity is low is that there's no Zoey superfan to berate anyone who would bash her (Misty has Weedle Mchairybug, Tracy has whatshername...)

She had a few "fans" when the opening was shown first and some guy thought that Nozomi would be a perfect lesbian-partner for Hikari.

Sadly, that didn´t happen. Nothing really happened with Nozomi really. She suggest things, she tells Hikari stuff, she shows up and talks more...but, in the end, she does nothing interesting.

I am bored with her as well, which is why I won´t be disappointed if she disappears without any given reason.

At least, she has nice underwear...

The closest thing to a "Zoey superfan" would possibly be Koroboshii Kojiro, and I can't tell whether he's posting ironically or not anymore.

Well good maybe than we can get rid of her like they did with Tracey. I liked Tracey, I'm sure he has way more fans than Zoey at the moment LOL. They can add some better girl rival for Dawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.