• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Whats with the Zoey hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profesco

gone gently
I wonder if there's a way to lure the "omg i h8 zoey cuz she iz snobyy b*tch n triez to cntrl dawn n h8s ppl who do gyms n contests" people back?

...Maybe with bribes of Zoey in a Nazi uniform shouting "Sieg Heil!"?

If you've got a scanner, I can draw the pic!

Lol.

Shiny pokemon lover

Shiny pokemon hunter
I think it is because of Zoey, Dawn does so bad in contests. She tries to be kind, but she psychs her out without knowing it.
Her other problem is probably bacause she think people cannot do two things at once,
(gyms and contests) and that they are to different to combine.

Benoxxxx

Water Pokémon Lover!
She just has a.. quality.

I find her annoying for no reason at all. Maybe its her dub voice..

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
I guess that maybe some people are kinda tired of rivals loke Zoey......

But you can't ONLY hate her for her dub voice. There are a lot of bad voice actors out there.

PDL

disenchanted
Zoey's voice fits her character, she wouldn't work with a "girly" type voice like the others have.

Indeed, that's one thing Zoey actually has going for her actually... She isn't completely girly like the other female characters on the show.

In a way she's kind of like a Misty V2.0.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Kasumi was much more girly than a lot of people seem to remember though. Just because she was tough and had a fiery temper people like to label her as a tomboy when that really wasn't the case.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Indeed, that's one thing Zoey actually has going for her actually... She isn't completely girly like the other female characters on the show.

In a way she's kind of like a Misty V2.0.

She's definitely more masculine than Misty. Misty certainly did have her girly moments where she would squeal, jump up and down, or go fangirl something or want to play with dolls.

Zoey on the other hand doesn't seem to be feminine at all except the eyelashes. Not to mention all her Contest outfits are prince outfits. :/

PDL

disenchanted
Perhaps, a comparison with Misty isn't correct... Rather, Zoey is like the fan preception of what Misty was like. Fans that assume that Misty was not girly in the least.

You know who I mean right?

Blue_Lightning8

Moon Prism Power!
Pretty much what everyone's been saying.
She's a nosy, pushy biatch. Excuse me.
But also because she's tacky and has no sense of style.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Perhaps, a comparison with Misty isn't correct... Rather, Zoey is like the fan preception of what Misty was like. Fans that assume that Misty was not girly in the least.

You know who I mean right?

LOLZ, don't mention the name whatever you do. :p

I wouldn't mind Zoey if she was funny, Misty always had that funny and compassionate side to her which is why people liked her. Zoey is just too stern.

Dialga3500

For me Zoey is like a friendly Harley who tries to sabotage Dawn with her comments. She is always remarking Dawn's mistakes and making Dawn to be frustrated and be always thinking all the mistakes she does so she can do bad in her contests. I don't know but there is something in Zoey I don't like maybe is her bi***chi attitude of always being perfect, I'm so glad she did not make it to the finals in the Wallace cup and Dawn make it. And also we have to wait to see what will happen when Zoey meets May I think Zoey will be like why did you came from Johto to Sinnoh let the Sinnoh people win this and all the bi**chi attitude she has demonstrate in the past.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
For me Zoey is like a friendly Harley who tries to sabotage Dawn with her comments.
I don't believe there's ever been proof that she's deliberately sabotaging her in the fashion of Harley. I think she's trying to help, but not doing that well.
I don't know but there is something in Zoey I don't like maybe is her bi***chi attitude of always being perfect
Jessie was way more biochy than Zoey is. Do you have that same hate for her, or is it just Zoey, because that's a little unfair.
And also we have to wait to see what will happen when Zoey meets May I think Zoey will be like why did you came from Johto to Sinnoh let the Sinnoh people win this and all the bi**chi attitude she has demonstrate in the past.
Isn't Ash all the way from Kanto, and that's never been brought up? Zoey's never shown to be a xenophobe.

It does appear that people's view of Zoey is a very warped one. Here's a question: How many of these Zoey haters are fans of Dawn? Maybe what they really hate is the fact that she was responsible for Dawn's first contest loss.

Yeah, Misty definitely had her feminine moments. Being the only permanent female (not counting Jessie) I guess the writers were compelled to make her the feminine touch. Zoey isn't like that, so the writers were able to make her completely manly.

Again, I think what makes Zoey so much less appealing than Harley is that an effemminate male is so much easier to make funny than a masculine female.

cascade88

< go ask alice >
I have to say, I don't hate Zoey at all--I think she's pretty awesome.

But as far as her not so awesome advice that she gives Dawn, I think that Zoey is very much like a replacement for Johanna now that Dawn is travelling around without her. Now, I don't mean a literal replacement, but it just strikes me funny that Dawn puts so much store by not only what her mother thinks of her, but what Zoey thinks of her, too. Its almost as if she left home only to have a reminder of her mother there to try and give her advice, only its in the form of a rival. And not to mention the fact that Zoey has a Glameow, just like Johanna does.

I might be reading too much into that, or I might just be insane, but either way, that's why I think Zoey comes across as biotchy to a lot of people, because she tends to almost scold Dawn sometimes when she tries to give her advice.

Amaranth

Swag
I Blame Homophobia /:

Zoey's Pretty Awesome And Unique Though She Does Need Some Intresting Things To Happen To Her.

Dialga3500

I don't believe there's ever been proof that she's deliberately sabotaging her in the fashion of Harley. I think she's trying to help, but not doing that well. Jessie was way more biochy than Zoey is. Do you have that same hate for her, or is it just Zoey, because that's a little unfair. Isn't Ash all the way from Kanto, and that's never been brought up? Zoey's never shown to be a xenophobe.

It does appear that people's view of Zoey is a very warped one. Here's a question: How many of these Zoey haters are fans of Dawn? Maybe what they really hate is the fact that she was responsible for Dawn's first contest loss.

Yeah, Misty definitely had her feminine moments. Being the only permanent female (not counting Jessie) I guess the writers were compelled to make her the feminine touch. Zoey isn't like that, so the writers were able to make her completely manly.

Again, I think what makes Zoey so much less appealing than Harley is that an effemminate male is so much easier to make funny than a masculine female.

Ok about Jessie I don't have that hate for her for me I expect Jessie to be like that she is one of the enemies in the anime but for Zoey is like why does she has to be like that with almost everyone. Like with Ash at the start of the 10 season when he wanted to try both gym and contests it is his decision not hers why she had to argue so strong because of that she could wait until the end and say you know Ash you are more into gym battles than contests in a good way.

About the Zoey haters most are fans of Dawn mmm don't think so, I like Dawn but is not that I am a big Fan of her but lets see what is going to happen with the development of Zoey in the anime oh well lets see what happens specially in this upcoming episodes

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Ermmm... Zoey is a rival. Gary was snobby, and Paul is more annoying than Jessie and Zoey, so there's no reason to hate a rival for being a biotch.

I doubt homophobia has anything to do with it, because people loved Harley so much that 4kids pretty much left him untouched for the dub.

I really don't see why people think she's so awful when Paul is so much worse. Zoey can at least be supportive. Paul does nothing but hurt peoples' feelings, and call them pathetic all the time.

I sense there being a will to hate here.

JasonChu

PikaAsh:o
Whats With This,do we have nothing to talk about.Now we had to talk about Zoey?
Zoey aka drews opposite k.

zerolocked

Legend Seeker
What goes around comes around, like one Zoey sprang her leg. I wasn't surprised... I don't like her because she's not open minded and puts others down for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.