• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's wrong with Charizard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Charizard

So I was just looking through the tier lists and noticed that Charizard is in the Never Used category. Can someone explain this to me? (Obviously I am a bit of a fan). I know he's not the greatest out there, but Never Used seems a bit ridiculous. I understand Fire/Flying may not be the best type combo, but he has the same total base stats as Infernape, who is overused and Fire/fighting doesn't seem to be a great combo either.

Cloud.

You're pathetic.
BellyZard is Uber.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I think that is annoying, it being NU. The only reason is because half of its total health is taken away from stealth rock. And that could make a bellyzard fail miserably.

No. 1 Machop Fan

It's solely its typing, as well as the introduction and popularity of Stealth Rock. Because it is a Fire/Flying type, it loses 50% HP on the switch in if Stealth Rock is in play.

Last edited:

nintendude 64

Dropped my balls!
Charizard doesn't enjoy the 50% health loss from SR....

Cloud.

You're pathetic.
You're pretty stupid to send in Zard if there's SR.

Cloud.

You're pathetic.
You're stupid if you use Zard to begin with, except for the Bellyzard set.

Who uses Charizard, that isn't BellyZard ? o_o
Pretty obvious you'd need a spinner for a team w/ Bellyzard. >_>

Dattebayo

Banned
Two words: Stealth Rock. Why must that move be created in the first place when all it does is make some Pokemon useless?

Mega Heroes

I'm gonna Brawl!
I just use my Charizard(s) into battle. Just for fun and stuff. And I mean, I don't see any problem with using Charizard. But what is so special about Bellyzard?

Dattebayo

Banned
I just use my Charizard(s) into battle. Just for fun and stuff. And I mean, I don't see any problem with using Charizard. But what is so special about Bellyzard?

It increases his attacks, making him a threat; of course, it'll cost some HP to do so.

Cloud.

You're pathetic.
mi bellyzard ohko'd kyogre
very funny !! ^^

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Why must that move be created in the first place when all it does is make some Pokemon useless?

It sort of to balance the game more you know.

Like now we have an attack that can pierce through Protect and Detect, we have more " Always Hit " attacks for those Double Teamers, and more " Hit First " attacks for people who want to bank a strategy on getting down to 1 + Reversal or the like. It still works but you won't be able to sweep entire Teams with it most likely.

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ
You're pretty stupid to send in Zard if there's SR.

Which will almost always be up. SR is way too common for Charizard to be used. It requires Rapid Spin support to be even remotely functional, because the BellyZard set is the only one that's remotely usable, and that gets completely destroyed by Stealth Rock. If that Spinner is killed, Charizard is useless.

Cloud.

You're pathetic.
I guess all the people I've beaten with my UU/NU team sucks ***.

Status
Not open for further replies.