• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

what's wrong with ubers?

Sir Crocodile

Arcanite Reaper HO!
might i ask what is wrong with using ubers if they are in the game and everybody can get them?​

taylor366

best in the world
there stats r huge

and they practically all guarantee KOs

people just h8 it when a uber is used and u dont hav 1

and in game it does not matter

pigs do fly

<Currently hunting
Ubers are usually banned from competitive play because their super strong power takes the balence out of the game.

davidone10

The new tuxedo look!
They're too strong for OU play, but hey, they've got the uber metagame all for them selves.:D

Kreis

Still Dirrty
have no idea i like using then but they are to strong so i dont use them that much i only use it in elte 4 to level up weak pokemon

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
Overused....overpowered.....need I say more? Yes? OK:
BEGIN BATTLE!
NOOB1's Team:
Mewtwo
Rayquaza
Deoxys -insert form here-
Kyogre
Regice
Jirachi

NOOB2's Team:
Is exactly the same!

Now, i'm not saying ALL uber's are legendaries, Salamence and the dabateable Wobbuffet to name a few, but still it's annopying to see the same teams crop up AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN...
Just like this thread.
*Charges the SEARCH button*

TogeticTheRuler

Overused....overpowered.....need I say more? Yes? OK:
BEGIN BATTLE!
NOOB1's Team:
Mewtwo
Rayquaza
Deoxys -insert form here-
Kyogre
Regice
Jirachi

NOOB2's Team:
Is exactly the same!

Now, i'm not saying ALL uber's are legendaries, Salamence and the dabateable Wobbuffet to name a few, but still it's annopying to see the same teams crop up AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN...
Just like this thread.
*Charges the SEARCH button*
Wobbufet is a definite uber, Salamence is just an overused pokemon,its Mew thats debatable

Ubers are simply overpowered, which is why they are looked down upon on competitive play, but in-game, go ahead and use them, no one's going to care

Sniper123

Good Eye Sniper
I find if you limit them to like one or two a team it isn't that bad. Ubers can be beaten even with those stats, my Heracross owns all Kyogre.

TogeticTheRuler

Also a dunsparce is known to beat a kyogre and the rest of the team, people just don`t like it if the oponent thinks "Ha, I`m so pro with my uber Pokemon" and brags about it but its okay if you just limit to 1 or 2.

The Mighty Wurmple

Some people prefer not to battle ubers if they aren't using them, because they may have an disadvantage, due to the uber's power. I for one don't use ubers, and if I am battling someone, I prefer them not to use them.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Because they basiclly are made for first players. They have pre stats move sets that are specially made for them and the have beyond stats to bear any one. Thats why. Yet they are beatable easy really. Houndoom can take out a a Registeel Ice or Rock down easy.

davidone10

The new tuxedo look!
Regirock? :confused: alright, a flametrower will hurt regirock, but when he earthquakes, it's HASTA LA VISTA for houndoom...

Wobbuffet an Uber?

If you got a Ghost type or a Dark type, Wobbuffet is as good as gone!

Why?

1. Counter is a Fighting Move, Ghost is Physcial, Fighting has no effect on Ghost, meaning no damage done

2.Mirror Coat is a Psychic move, Dark is Special, Psychic has no effect on Dark, meaning no damage is done here either.

As Takaru was saying, yes, Ubers can be easily destoryed, in the case of all 4Regis, you can take them down with just one Machamp!

Cerebi has got many weakness as well, Even the mighty gods Mew and Mewtwo can be taken down by a Dark Type! (Movesets aside)

The list could just go on and on, but as most do say, if you were gifted a Pokemon with 100 base for each stat, you're not going to go down easy!

With Ubers, even the uber noob can take down a good lot of experanced trainers without Ubers.

That's why people hate'em

Last edited:

davidone10

The new tuxedo look!
Mewtwo defeated by a dark type? One focus punch or brickbreak and it's toodles for the poor dark type.

I said Movesets aside! Geez.......

I mean, if a noob had a moveset all of Psychic moves or it's only or best move was a Psychic, it wouldn't last long now would it?

Of course, that's why there are some weaknesses, or else, we'd have more Arseus types!

Volteon

Back I guess??
If you got a Ghost type or a Dark type, Wobbuffet is as good as gone!
Well, this works! BUT the only Ghost Pokémon that uses physical attacks is Bannete (almost no one uses it) and the only Dark Pokémon that uses special attacks are Houndoom and Tyranitar (people use Tyranitar, usually they can hold Crunch. Houndoom works much better, but yet again, almost no one uses it)
Also Wobbuffet can just switch if opponent uses one of those! Yeah, Wobbuffet IS Uber, especially with Encore and Shadow Tag.
(Note, due to the same thing, Wynaut is Uber too)

Say that Ubers take no skill to use is just wrong. This is just true if they´re facing a OU Pokémon, BUT yet again, OU Pokémon can beat them with some skill.

Let´s say...
OU against OU you use skill
OU against NU you won´t need skill
Uber against Uber you use skill
Uber against OU (or anything lower) you might not need skill

That´s why they´re in a separated part in the tiers list!