• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's Your Dumbest Game Accident(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadeus

Landshark
Going into the Elite Four without healing after using up a lot of my PP. I won anyway, but it was by mostly luck.

F

flygonbreloom

lol no pp that is funny (ive made the same mistake on yellow and i got killed XD)

torkip

Mind Trainer
One time in Crystal, I didn't know that when you would see one of the legendary dogs there would be a little tune. So I shut off the game thinking it was a virus that would mess up my game(I was very weird about that stuff). I've probably got tons more stuff but I can't remember them.

S

shiny_blaziken

in my blue version (first version);
-i did not know how to save (but i saved in viridian city without knowing it)
- i released my squirtle without knowing it
- throw the masterball at zapdos

in my gold version
- i used mud slap at a pidgey and did'nt know why it doesn't hit
-same as above but now with a ghost type against a normal type attack.

my cousin has made a very bad mistake
he traded a shiny spinark for a moltres.

dynamo

Do not pass Go.
I has nearly completed silver when I let my firend borrow it and he restarted it. It was my first ever pokemon game, and it had a level 100 Feraligator, espeon and ampharaos.

johnnyd2

UBER FLAMER!
blue: using my masterball on a FREAKING SEAKING!

L

Lovely May

When I played Yellow first time I.... lost my Eevee!
I kicked it out from my computer box (by the mistake) and .........
I saved my game =O

Tadashi

kiss my greens
EDIT! Aug 11: Used up a Shadow Ball TM on my Nincada, when Ninjask and Shedinja would've learned that attack at lv.36 or something -_-;

Yeah, even at 17 I can make stupid mistakes like that ^^;

Also, I taught my Zangoose Shadow Ball, Dig, Slash and Thunderbolt... it's best move is, obviously, Slash, because it has actual attacking power -_-; ZANGOOSE IS NOT A SP. ATTACKER!!!!!!!! I learnt that the hard way <.<

P

PokeTrainer7783

Wow haha this is embrassing to say but I've made quite a bit of dumb mistakes when playing Pokemon. For some reason sometimes when I press the buttons their just not fast enough or I just press the wrong buttons. :D

N

Ninjask

dumbest moment

i killed a shiny(blue) electrike with my sableye! Even if i turned off my gameboy it wouldn't be there anymore! ;309;

Another moment was in my gold version when i used a masterball on a plain old poliwhirl which i already had!

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rainby97

I know of some too...

This one happened to my brother. He was playing Ruby and finally found Latios! He didn't have any Balls, so he just gave him a bit of damage and left him run, knowing that he could be tracked by the Pokédex. He immediately pushed Start, but as soon as he pressed Save... The batteries DIED!!! How cruel is the world... This was about a year ago, and he's never seen Latios again!

Speaking of Latios... I've been tracking Latias(yeah, we have both versions, one each) for almost a year and a half(missed Master Ball), and two months ago I decided to finally give her the big chase. She was already at the very end of her HP, and asleep, so there was nothing else I could do but throw Balls. I bought 20 Great Balls and 20 Ultra Balls, and met her near the Winstrate house. I used Mean Look and threw an Ultra, and it stayed inside!!! I was like, whoa, all that money for nothing... >_<

I'm pretty sure I know of more, but now I don't remember...

ACK productions inc.

Boulder Trainer
When I first got my Sapphire game, I didn't know where the MasterBall was and missed out on it.

In my Yellow a while ago I caught Zapdos with a MasterBall.

In my Crystal I killed/ made Suicune faint, so I couldn't get it.

And my friend said in his LeafGreen, in the grass before Cerulean City, he saw a Shiney Celebi, but just as he caught it with a Great Ball (I think) his batteries went dead.
I wasn't there so I don't really beleve him.
Thanks for listening (who ever is)

Turin

Arc Arsenal
Turns out on my Gold version, I saw a Raikou and didn't catch it, because it's entry is shown as only being seen and not caught.

Back when I did the Missingno cheat on my old Red/Blue, I wanted EVERY SINGLE POKEMON to lv. 100 through rare candies, every, single, Pokemon.. I got up magnemite before losing interest. (wtf was wrong with me?!)

I gave away all my cool Pokemon stuff (games) to my friend Liz. I'll never see them again, I'm sure. :( I had a Mew on my Red version, and a Celebi/Lugia on my Silver version.

Last edited:

Kyaku

. . .
I did alot of dumb things. But the one I will never forget is in Yellow.
Here's the story.
I was playin on my yellow and then....
Wild Ponyta apperes!!!!
Ohhh....I just gotta have it! I just can't help it! I got it down to one hp and then I threw my Master ball....And I never even used it! It was the only ball I had.(Well I think...)And I never caught it before so...there you go! I'm a complete idiot!

NateDawg161992

Mononoke Fan
In crystal caught shining entei and battery died before I could save.

B

Brento.C

running into latias and using a GOLBATS mean look against it... i got killed in one hit

B

Bean

Ha-ha, I remember this one. It was back when I was on the bus last school year. It was the morning, so I decided to take out my Gameboy SP to play while we take the trip to school. The trip was about an hour, believe me. But anyways, I inserted in my Emerald cartage and started to play. I was aiming for the Silver Dome badge. It was the third or fourth battle into the tournament, and it was the final battle. I was down to my last Pokémon, my Milotic and so was my opponent’s. I was one move away into victory and then I was not paying attention and then I accidentally pressed the wrong move, Toxic. That cost me the whole battle. I will never regret that. >_>

QuietLugia

Rabid Pokeshipper
Back on the subject of my Gamecube....
I shall NEVER, EVER forgive Simpsons Hit&Run. My (now mortal ememy's) little brother was helping me out, and he'd gotten to Lisa's level. Suddenly, the screen goes blank and the message :
"There has been a problem, please turn your gamecube off"(or something like that) comes on the screen.

Of course, Alan has never seen this before (he's got a PS2 ) and asks me what's going on. I'd had that message before, and thinking I knew what I was doing, pressed RESTART. Of all the stupid things to do, I had to press restart.

Of course, it corrupted my memory card, and I had to format it, losing all my hard earned data on my Sonic games, and, of course, my beloved FR Pokemon.
~~~~~~~~~~
And, to top it all, I restarted my Sapphire that I had set so many goals on. (e.g.: see every single Pokemon, fill up the Art museum, and catch Chimecho)
Why? Simply to catch Rayquaza again, and get a different starter. ¬_¬;; And to think that was just 3 weeks ago.......

E

Evanji Axu

In my brother's Blue, I used his master ball on a Zubat (I was really little)

In Crystal, I used my Master Ball on Suicune (I haven't dared to locate Lugia and Ho-oh yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.