• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's Your Favorite and/or Least Favorite Pokemon/Type?

*~Silver*~

Who's your favorite Pokemon?!
Umbreon. I like the design a lot, and in the show I remember watching Power Play for the first time, and I just loved it right away. xD Umbreon has been my longstanding favorite, except for a weird Nidoran obsession I had a while ago...

Who's your LEAST favorite Pokemon?
Hypno. It's just creepy... It's voice in the show, it's PokeDex entries, it's pendulum, and even just its freaking nose! It's just creepy!

What's your Favorite Pokemon TYPE?
Either Dark or Dragon. A lot of the Dark Types are pretty creepy, but the ones that aren't, like Umbreon and the Houndour line, are all Pokemon I generally really like. As for Dragon types, they're just awesome. They're a really strong type, and they almost all have really good designs.

What's your LEAST Favorite Pokemon TYPE?
Bug. It's just that type I don't pay any attention to. Besides, the middle-evolution stage for a lot of Bug-Pokemon are just horrible. Kakuna and Metapod are both pretty useless until they evolve.

Masterofknees

Venusaur, been my favorite since I was a little kid who got Pokémon Red, been following each generation on release and no one has surpassed Venusaur as my favorite.

Magnezone easily. It took one of my favorite Pokémon, put it into a blender, and made a Jetsons car out of it. Ugly design that, other than it's arms, doesn't follow the theme of Magnemite or Magnezone. Nothing UFOish about them.

Grass, Poison, Ground, with Water and Bug just behind those.

Normal, it's bland and boring to say it short. If not that, then either Fighting or Dark.

Last edited:

Auberon TheFae

Nature's Breath
Who's your favourite Pokemon?
Definitely Serperior! It is like a grass version of milotic, so very regal (it is the Regal Pokemon) and ethereal.

Who's your LEAST favourite Pokemon?
Plain and simple I hate Golbat, plus sawk and throh don't get any love from me either.

What's your favourite Pokemon Type?
Grass types...

What's your LEAST favourite type?
I can never see myself using a monotype Figthing team.

ShuckleArmy

Heads or Tails?
My favourite Pokemon is Nidoran♂ he's just so cute and woefully underappreciated. Also he is powerful in the right hands.

My least favourite Pokemon is Girafig, in my opinion it was poorly designed and is an overall weak pokemon.

My favourite type is Poison, so many good pokemon are poison, Nidoran, Koffing even Qwilfish. It's a mystery to me why they aren't used more frequently, every team needs a Poison type!

My least favourite type is Dragon, They are WAY too powerful and they all look the same and also, Y U NO HAS POISON/DRAGON TYPE?

pgetsos

Lapras with a distance from the second one! i don't know why, probably because i saw it in the water tank in Firered, outside the Safari zone and i couldn't catch it!!! i really loved it at first sight!

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Fennekin, DUH!!!
Anything w/ teh Fire/Fight combo (They used to be my fave!)
Hard one... Three-way tie between Fire, Electric and Ice
Ground, it takes out two of my faves :( and Water and Fight (It ruined the Fires Starters!)

aerial_ace

Swellow- when I first saw it I wasn't overly impressed with it but it grew on me. The way it battles in the anime is amazing! It's fast and has a great ability and I really like its design now ! :)
Cleffa line. They look boring and stupid and their voices in the animeare annoying
Easily flying. I like how agile and elegant they are in battles. It is also very diverse type it is combined with all other types apart from fighting so there's lot to choose from

Psychic or fighting not sure why I find them very unappealing .

Chimungus

Who's your favorite Pokemon?
Aggron. Don't ask me why, I just think they're cool and have this essence of strength about them. Plus, they're like giant metal dinos. Not too articulate am I?

There are none I particularly don't like, but I'm not interested in many legendaries.

What's your favourite Pokemon Type?

Steel. Most of the steel types are very strange-looking which interests me. I'm also fond of Ice, Electric, and Flying.

What's your LEAST favourite type?
Probably Dragon and Ghost. Most of them don't interest me and I don't enjoy how they're weak to their own types.

Mantykes

People shouldn't ask me this, I'll go crazy. I love so many of them. I'll just give a few examples off the top of my head, I guess... Vulpix, Mantyke, Pikachu, Celebi, Ampharos, Arcanine, Articuno.

Trubbish and Garbodor. I don't even need to say anything else. These Pokemon are LITERALLY just crappy. x.x

Water and Psychic.

Uhh, no idea here.

ECM

This is a tough question. When I think of my favorite Pokémon, Jynx, Onix and Ninetales all come to mind, but Ice is my favorite type, so whenever I'm told to only pick one, I always say Jynx.

This is an even tougher question for me. There is no Pokémon that particularly sticks out as my least favorite. There are two things I can say in regards to this though: Wild Zubat and Whitneys Miltank

Ice is my favorite type. I've just always been a fan of the ice element and freezing the opponent in all RPGs that I play. Even though Ice is not the best type defensively, I love freezing my opponent in Pokémon, just because it's so unlikely that I feel accomplished when it happens. Some of my favorite Pokémon are ice types, such as Jynx, Glaceon, Mamoswine, amongst others. And one of my favorite trainers is Lorelei, who is an ice type trainer.

I love every type, but if I had to pick my least favorite, I guess I'll have to say Ghost. I don't really have a reason, it's just the type I happen to use the least. I did have an awesome Gengar in Pokémon Pearl, and I do love Froslass.

MasterLucario

No life till leather
Favorite pokemon: nidoking. I've loved him since Gen 1, as i swept through Yellow with him. His cry, great typing, and a hell of an awesome movepool. His stats kinda suck, but then there's Gen 5 to give him Sheer Force! Boom!
Least favorite: Jynx. It has great typing and stats, but it's too ugly to use.
Favorite type: dark. The designs are too cool for all of um! Come on, look at Drapion, Tyranitar, Bisharp, etc...
Least favorite: Poison. Kinda contradictory with Nidoking, but there's too many poison types. I hate poison sting (i always get poisoned and they never do!!).

Colt45

Cobalt
My favorite pokemon is no doubt Squirtle. There are many reasons for this; for one thing: he was my first ever pokemon that I got way back in LeafGreen when I was 8 years old, so naturally he holds a special place in my heart for that reason. Secondly, turtles are among my favorite animals, and Squirtle is the first, cutest, and overall awesomest turtle pokemon. And, finally, I really loved Ash's Squirtle in the anime.

My least favorite pokemon is no doubt Chickorita, mainly because I just always hated her in the anime growing up. I just found her annoying for some reason. Also, I really hate that necklace on her, I really don't know why, I just do. Furthermore, and this isn't really a reason to hate her, just a little pet peeve of mine, why, when Chickorita and her evolutions are obviously feminine, is Chickorita and 87.5% male pokemon? It just doesn't make any sense, I mean I can understand some starter being 87.5% male, like Treecko and Charmander, etc, but why can't the feminine starters like Chickorita and Fennekin (I'm just assuming she's going to be 87.5% male) be 87.5% female while the rest are male? The same goes for Eevelutions like Flareon, Espeon, Leafeon and Glaceon. ASide from Chickorita, there are many other pokemon I hate like Emolga (burn in hell), Milotic (don't really know why), Celebi (sorry Joe), Medicham, Dragonite, Pignite and Emboar, Jynx,........ You know what, let's just move along before I get really angry lol.

My favorite Type is Electric. This is a very new development, as for years, I had always thought of water as my favorite type. However, recently, I realized that the main things I liked about the water type were it's concept, water, which shouldn't really be weighed as heavily into the factor in determining a favorite as more important things such as pokemon representing the type, moves representing the type, etc., and also, the fact that water has my favorite set of starters. This was my main reasoning for putting water as my favorite type, until I realized that the starters, though very special pokemon, due to the fact that you get them at the start of the game, make up a very small percentage (6.93%) of the overall pokemon population, and I really don't like that many water types outside of the starters. Enough about what used to be my favorite type, my favorite type now is electric because of several reasons: for one thing, it's main stats, Sp. Atk. and Speed, are definatley my favorite stats, being very fitting to my play style. For another, I really like many of its designs, including the Elekid line, which is one of my favorite evolutionary lines, and includes Electivire, which is my second favorite pokemon overall, Rotom, Zekrom, Pikachu, the Joltik line, Raikou, and many more. Also, there aren't many pokes I DON'T like in this type(Emolga being an exception). Electric's movepool is also very good, including some of my favorite moves such as Thunder, Thunberbolt, Volt Switch, Thunder Wave, ThunderPunch, and several others. Lastly (and leastly) I do like Electric's concept, electricity, which, without it, we wouldn't have many of the great modern day inventions. Rounding out my top 5 types include (in order), steel, dark, water, and flying.

My least favorite type, though I don't hate or even dislike it or any other type, is Bug, because of (some of) it's pokemon's dull designs and the weakness of them. Scyther and Galvantula are exceptions.

Edit: I feel I should also mention that Electric has the least weaknesses: only 1 with ground.

Last edited:

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
Honchkrow because it matches my favorite animal the crow.

Don't have any really.

Dark or maybe Flying, because it goes with Honchkrow's type

Fighting, Because I rarely if ever use Fighting types.

Last edited:

KillerDraco

Favorite Pokemon: Scizor

What can I say? I've always loved Scizor since he was first released in Gen 2. His design is freaking awesome, his typing is fantastic, and he's got all the right stats in all the right places. Of course, the lack of useful moves in Gen 2 and Gen 3 made me not use him in battle, but Gen 4 and beyond changed that. Now with Technician, Bullet Punch, U-Turn, and many other tricks, he's an awesome Pokemon that lives up to his equally awesome appearance.

Least Favorite Pokemon: Farfetch'd

There is just no reason for this Pokemon to exist. Generic normal/flying type that's outclassed by just about every other bird in existence, there's usually very limited means of obtaining it, its stats are absolutely garbage... To me, Farfetch'd is the epitome of a useless filler Pokemon. It needs an evolution and it needs it bad.

Favorite Type: Ghost

What can I say? I love me some spinblockers. Immunity to normal and fighting is really worth appreciating, and between things like Gengar, Froslass, and Chandelure, they're all really good at what their respective niches. Plus, the old Shadow Ball/Focus Blast combo gives nigh perfect neutral coverage, so they're pretty easy to fit on a team.

Least Favorite Type: Normal

Normal is just that; normal. They're just so boring to me, as the vast majority are throwaway, useless, "cute" mammals. And we get a dozen more every generation. They just bore me and seem massively unnecessary given how many flood the numbers.

charizard:Luvr

Flame Trainer
Favourite Pokemon
Charizard hehe....
Least Favourite Pokemon
Magicarp duh!!!
Favourite Type
Steel because they have the best resistance
Least Favourite Type
Bug yuk!!!

Last edited:

ohjeezitskim

Espeon/Cyndaquil line - I just can't pick between them :c

Jynx - everything about it. It's design, the sound it makes, it's voice in the anime... Everything.

Fire

Tie between normal and flying.
Normal because I only really like Eevee and flying because I find most of them weak
and usually don't use them (usually use a flygon, charizard, or other dual flying type for Fly)