• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's Your Favorite and/or Least Favorite Pokemon/Type?

P

polkiman777

Favourite Pokémon: Mewtwo
Least favourite Pokémon: Brionne
Least favourite type: Fairy

Don't have a favourite type right now, it was Psychic, then Dragon, then Ice for a bit. Not sure now.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Favorite Pokemon: Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Lapras, Snorlax, Absol, Vaporeon, Torterra, and Infernape
Honorable Mention: Meganium (Great dual screener)
Least Favorite Pokemon: Rattata
Favorite Type: Grass, Psychic and Water
Least Favorite Type: Fighting

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Favorite Pokémon: Top ten are Sceptile, Darkrai, Palossand, Mesprit, Smeargle, Lopunny, Empoleon, Dialga, Mewtwo, and Ninetales, from 10-1.
Least Favorite Pokémon: The Medis, Slowpoke, Cosmog, Girafarig, Lugia. Guys like that.

Favorite Type: Dragon, Fighting, and Ghost, in that order.
Then Ground, Rock, Flying, and Steel in no order.
Least Favorite Type: Psychic. It's a bad, weird choice for a type, and GF tries to compensate by giving the type to random Pokémon and a bunch of Legendaries/Mythicals.

Favorites: Tepig, Mudkip, Heliolisk
Least Favorites: Pyukumuku, Aromatisse, Garbodor
Favorite Types: Electric, Ground, Fire
Least Favorite Types: Fairy, Ghost, Dark

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I'm making this because this might be an interesting experiment.

List one pokemon from each Generation you like the least and tell us why!

I will start.

Gen 1: Voltorb/ Electrode.
I like the grin and the guys speed, but this is one of the most laziest designs out there. Gen 1 has some that stick out but this one is just a poke ball with a face.

Gen 2: Delibird. This pokemon is weaker than Farfetch'd. Not a good sign. His signature move is horrible and it is a pain to capture for what its worth. (Nothing!)

Gen 3: I love Gen 3 but Luvdisc's only purpose is to fill the dex and get heart scales. An item that you pay move reminders to help your pokemon remember useful moves.
Some generations, you don't need to capture it to get this item... which makes going after this pokemon a redundant thing.

Gen 4: Tie between Burmy's line and Finneon.

Burmy is a gimmicky pokemon, his evolutions have been done before and better. (Baring Wormadam ground... where the only other competitor is more interesting in that it evolves into two pokemon if the conditions are met.) Is a pain to catch in his debut generation and is hard to raise up.

Finneon and its evolution are just weak, bland fish and the dex entry states that Lumineon bullies Lanturn (A more interesting pokemon.) For food scraps.

Gen 5: Stunfisk.

Good out of the way, its typing is unique. It's hideous as hell and one of its abilities as of gen 6 is completely useless. To make it worse, it smiles as it electrocutes you.

Gen 6: A tough one since I like gen 6's pokemon.

But since I am forcing myself to pick. Aurorus is the one I am going to speak ill of. Ice and rock in a defensive stand point, is one of the worse types out there. Steel types kill it, fighting types kill it. (Bullet and mach punch for example will k.o it in a second.)
It's weak to water, ground, grass and rock types. While it's offenses can help it against most of those threats... its speed isn't doing it any favors.

Gen 7: Most of them I like, but Komala is at the bottom for me. It's just a sleeping Koala

It's a generic normal type that is treated like he is always asleep. It has its advantage... but it can also backfire when you go up against an opponent that would take advantage of the constant sleep. (I'm not sure who uses dream eater these days, but it is a powerful draining move to use against sleepers.)

Now for your turn.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Gen 1: Goldeen/Seaking
I've never liked em. They're just ugly goldfish. they've gotta be my least favourite overall as well.

Gen 2: Johto has a lot of meh pokemon but few that I actively dislike, I guess I'd have to say quagsire, not because I hate it but because I hated how common they were in sinnoh's marshes.

Gen 3: Uhh, I wanna say Medicham but I'm not really sure why, gen 3 is a pretty solid gen new pokemon wise.

Gen 4: Rhyperior. Rhydon was one of my favourite pokemon in gen 1 and I can stand this ugly orange evolution, at first I didn't like most of the new sinnoh evolutions for old pokemon but I grew to like all the others and Electivire is now one of my favourites but I still can't get over what they did to Rhydon.

Gen 5: Jellicent shudders definitely Jellicent.

Gen 6: Binacle I guess or maybe Swirlix.

Gen 7: the gen 7 Pokemon were surprisingly decent, I don't dislike many of the new alolan pokemon not even the sandcastle, I guess bruxish isn't great but I get what it's trying to do, some of the ultra beasts aren't great but my real least favourite would be Alolan dugtrio, but if that doesn't count then I'll go with Dhelmise.

Gen ???: Meltan is quite literally the only option here, but if it's any consolation he is also my favourite gen??? pokemon.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Favorite: Krookodile but Incineroar might take the spot.

Least favorite: Arcanine. Or Flygon.

Favorite Type: Fire

Least favorite Type: Water

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Who's your favorite Pokemon?!
Sylveon and Cincinno
Who's your LEAST favorite Pokemon?
All UB's
What's your Favorite Pokemon TYPE?
Fairy
What's your LEAST Favorite Pokemon TYPE?
Ground?

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Who's your favourite Pokemon?
Kyogre, followed closely by Starmie, Arcanine, Absol, Salamence, Latios and Jolteon.
Who's your LEAST favourite Pokemon?
Hypno, it is creepy, ugly, slow and can't hit hard. I'm also not fond of Electrode, Swalot, Dustox, Probopass, Lumineon, Watchog, Conkeldurr, Beheeyem, Bruxish and Turtonator.
What's your Favourite Pokemon TYPE?
Water, it is incredibly common yet very good in battle.
What's your LEAST Favourite Pokemon TYPE?
Fighting, since a bunch of Pokemon of this type are too human-like (Conkeldurr, Sawk, Throh, Hariyama) or just plain ugly (Blaziken, Crabominable, Scrafty).

Last edited:

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
Reshiram. Sometimes Vivillon or Venipede. EDIT: It’s currently Durant.

Braixen, Aromatisse or Barbaracle, depending on my mood.

Bug! Their real life equivalents are all amazing creatures. Those insect species which undergo complete metamorphosis (holometabolan insects) are for me the most beautiful spectacles on Earth, and apparently make up up to 60% of all known living species. Fascinating!

Fairy. It’s confused, it’s loose, it’s meant to balance things but has become more centralising than dragon, made steel types even better and nerfed bug, it was shoehorned in and I hate everything about it.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Who's your favorite Pokemon?! It changes periodically, I can't pick just one. I tend to have a preference for cute Pokemon

Who's your LEAST favorite Pokemon? Charizard. I hate that wannabe dragon with a passion. I got bullied as a kid because my favorite Pokemon at the time was Pikachu, and everyone loooooved Charizard... In general I like cute Pokemon, and everyone would constantly get on my case about how girly that was... :/

What's your Favorite Pokemon TYPE? Fairy, they're all adorable, and a lot of them are good in battle. I love the idea of a cutesy fairy taking down a dragon. Vindication!

What's your LEAST Favorite Pokemon TYPE? Poison. I had a hard time thinking of Poison types I like. The ones I do like are primarily another type.

oshawott7

cat burgler
I've decided that Ho-Oh must be my favorite Pokemon because it's the only Pokemon I would get a tattoo of lol and of course it has a lot of sentimental value along with all my other favorite Pokemon.

Palpitoad because its Gen 5 animation legit grosses me out.

Electric. (Fairy, Flying, Bug, Poison, Ghost)

Probably Rock.

Bakugem

The Lord Of Grass Pokemon

Lilligant

Salandit

Grass

Fire

The Officer Jenny

Poliwrath or Arcanine.

Any Bug Pokemon

Fire

Bug. Never really liked any Bug type Pokemon. Always thought they were "weak".

Yureishi

Meganium.

No one in particular.

I have a soft spot for Normal-type.

None. I like them all.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
currently Golisopod

Eelectross... Ewwy...

Hmm... Ice, Electricity, and Bug

Rock I think

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Favorite Pokemon. Easily Pichu.

Favorite Type. Steel!

Least Favorite Pokemon... I don't think I have one.

Least Favorite Type... I guess normal for being the most boring.

ThroughTheIris56

(All rough guesses)

Favourite Pokemon: Meganium - Love its pre evolutions, and its a great final form to starter of my favourite region. Simple yet nice design, it's generally depicted as a pleasant Pokemon. Not a great battler due to being screwed over by GF, however this Pokemon has won me many battles.

Least favourite Pokemon: Crobat - Hard to think of, but this Pokemon has caused me a lot of annoyance. First I think its somewhat ugly, then the fact it is very fast, often goes for confuse ray, and the fact it has decent bulk and generally high stats make it a pain to fight.

Favourite type: I like different types for different reasons. I think Dark types have the best designs. The Ice type I love as a concept, but there aren't that many ice types I love design wise, and the fact a lot of their stats are defensive instead of offensive (which is against what the ice type is about) make them hard to use. Grass has the best starters imo, in most regions I will pick Grass. Fire has lots of awesome Pokemon and they generally easy to use.

Least favourite type:Normal - Don't dislike it and there are lots of cool Pokemon, but it is boring compared to every other type in the game.

Alita54

Favorite pokes for me include raichu(Alolan and regular), mewtwo(Megas too.), (Mega) mawile, vaporeon, misdreavus, (Mega) gardevoir, (Primal) kyogre, mew, golem, (Mega) swampert, (Mega) sceptile, snivy, serperior, zapdos, moltres, articuno, sylvelon, umbreon, espeon, jolteon, (Mega) steelix, (Mega) Charizard, (Mega) blastoise, raikou, (Mega) venasaur, pelipper, zeaorura, pheromosa, litten, toracat, alolan ninetails, the electric type ultra beast, tapu koko, tapu lele, (mega) lopunny, primarina, delphox, kingdra, dragonite, arcanine, mega pinsir, dewgong, lapras, zekrom, haxorus, fracture, axew, yveltal, diancie, lunala, bunery, toxicroak, mimikyu, pichu, nidoking, and mega beedrill.

Least favorite are Pikachu, most sinnoh and unnova pokemon, alolan raticate, and incineroar.

Favorite type is electric.

Least favorite type is either bug or ground.