• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's Your Favorite and/or Least Favorite Pokemon/Type?

Gengarite X

Who's your favorite Pokemon?
Gengar, in case you didn't notice by my username and avatar.

Who's your LEAST favorite Pokemon?
I don't really know, who is my absolute least favorite, but I have strong dislike for Stunkfish, Alomomola, Probopass, Dunsparce to name a few..

What's your Favorite Pokemon TYPE?
Ghost with Fire and Dragon following close behind.

What's your LEAST Favorite Pokemon TYPE?
Normal. Never used Normal-type Pokémon and probably never will.

DiaRubyTandem

The Fastest Comeback
Who's your favorite Pokemon?!

Swampert!

Spoink

Water and Electric

Normal

Sephora

yes I'm back
Espeon
Sandygast ugh
Fairy
Poison

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Favorite Pokemon is Jirachi, most hated is Unown, least liked typing is Normal and best type is Water

Blaze990

Favourite Pokemon: Blaziken, Pidgeot, Sylveon and Golurk (Tied for number 1 spot)

Least Favourite Pokemon: Mightyena (Because I have an irrational fear of Hyenas (Thanks Lion King) and Mr. Mime (Annoying)

Least Favourite Type: Bug. I've never actually raised any bug pokemon and mainly cause I take it from a real world perspective. Imagine a huge Moth with its scales and whatnot.... but when gen 6 came out... I broke this trend and actually raised Vivillon Fancy Pattern. I don't know why but it grew on me...

Favourite Type: Grass, Flying and Fairy

Raxacoricofallapatorius

Exalted Meme Junkie
Quick disclaimer: None of these opinions may be 100% accurate since, generally speaking, I find interest in nearly every Pokemon. The following simply stand out in their respective classifications the most to me. That being said, let's begin.

Right now I'm partial to Gourgeist, Chandelure, Goodra, Starmie, and Crobat.

Plusle and Minun. I never liked Dedenne or Mr. Mime either.

I'd have to go with Ghost, Psychic, Ice, or Steel.

Probably Bug. The type just doesn't have a niche in any of my teams.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
favorite pokemon: 1. Flygon, froslass, suicune, gliscor, fetch'd

most disliked pokemn: 1. garchomp 2. klefki/aegislash

favorite types: water, ice

no particular type that i dislike.

Last edited:

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
It's impossible for me to pick just one favorite Pokémon, but here's a short list: Gardevoir, Lucario, Absol, Zoroark, Ninetales, Meowstic, and Sylveon. I've used all of them on at least one in-game team, so I have an emotional attachment to them, and they all kick butt in battle and look awesome while doing it.

A least favorite Pokémon is much easier to decide on: Raichu. I had one on my team on a past playthrough of Y, but I ended up hating to battle using that thunder rat. Eventually I just went back to Route 10 and caught an Eevee so I wouldn't have to have that electrical deadweight on my team going up against the Elite Four. (I have a similar, though milder, attitude towards Azumarill.)

BlackRaven

Go Charizard!!!!
Undecided really

However bug and normal are the worst types

Elite4woolfy

✽✽✽✽✽✽
Dewgong

Probopass

Normal

Electric

Cutest and Ugliest:
Cutest:
Marill, Pikachu, Chansey, Cleffa, Jirachi, Pikachu, Pichu, Raichu, Azurill, Azumarill, Jigglypuff, Oddish, Vileplume
Ugliest:
Vaporeon, Garbodor, Gloom, Muk, Grimer, Zubat

Who's your favorite Pokemon?! Krokorok. Has been since Gen 5. Really, any of its line I could go for, it's just that Krokorok has my favourite design out of the lot. It's pretty amazing ingame, and I've had plenty of good experiences, plus I love crocodiles, so having one so often has made me appreciate it more and more.

Who's your LEAST favorite Pokemon? Serperior. I've had bad blood with it since my first playthrough of Black all those years ago. I didn't know how to properly use it, sure, but that was enough to make me resent it for so many years. Even the Snivy I tried to use in my latest Nuzlocke (but died, of course) did nothing to redeem the line for me. Asmodeus just lived, sucked, and died.

What's your Favorite Pokemon TYPE? Dark types! I'm not even sure why, either, but Dark types have always really appealed to me. Before Krokorok, my favourites were Houndour, then Absol. I have a suspicion that it was because one of my favourite moves from Gen 1 as a kid, Bite, was reclassified to Dark when it was introduced. Really, though, that can't be all, and I have no clue what else might have influenced that. I just have a bit of an affinity for Dark-types.

What's your LEAST Favorite Pokemon TYPE? I know it's a little unfair to judge a new type like this, but Fairy. I know it's kind of lame. But aside from Primarina, Cutiefly, and Azumarill, Fairy-types just haven't really sparked my interest. Even Psychic-types, my least favourite up until then, have got more Pokemon in the typing that I like. I do like some Fairy-type moves, though, like Dazzling Gleam.

Kalosian

So long
Varies. It's like having 719 children and being asked to pick a favorite (I'm not including Pokemon from Gen 7 yet). It changes a lot, but right now, my favorite is Haxorus. Runner-ups (right now) are Chandelure, Braviary and Hydreigon.

Gardevoir. One of the two Pokemon I actually dislike, the other being Wobbuffet which is my second least favorite.

Fairy. In the past, I had a hard time picking a favorite type, but Gen 6 came along and changed that.

Dark. Though I wouldn't go as far as to say that I dislike it, I just like it less than all other types.

Last edited:

Echo Nacyl

Favorite Pokemon:
I can't choose just one! So, instead, my top four per generation (this was still hard to narrow down):
Kanto: Arcanine, Marowak, Kabutops, Mew
Johto: Raikou, Porygon2, Houndoom, Umbreon
Hoenn: Flygon, Sableye, Armaldo, Sceptile
Sinnoh: Giratina, Rotom, Toxicroak, Drifblim
Unova: Samurott, Scrafty, Reshiram, Krookodile
Kalos: Zygarde, Trevenant, Greninja, Klefki
Alola: Guzzlord, Lycanroc, Salazzle, Decidueye

Least Favorite Pokemon:
This is hard because I don't strictly hate any Pokemon, truly. The best answer for me is probably Magmortar. I don't strictly hate it, and will use it, but I feel like they ruined an amazing Pokemon design there

Favorite Type:
That's easy. Ghost. I love all ghost types not named Aegislash, and even that's a battle bias, rather than a raw dislike.

Least favorite type:
That's harder. Gonna have to go with Psychic here. Of the Pokemon I like the most, Psychic types not named Mew are nearly completely absent. Most of them fail to appeal to me whatsoever.

Obviously, Infernape

Who's your least favorite Pokemon?
Pikachu and Victini

What's your favorite Pokemon type?
Fire

What's your least Favorite Pokemon type?
Dragon

Aquaslash

Favorite Pokémon:
Swampert (Obviously!), with Primarina a super-close second.

Least favorite Pokémon:
If I had to choose... Beedrill.

Favorite type:
Definitely the Water-type, with Ice and Fairy tied for second.

Least favorite type:
Tied between Electric and Poison. I don't like their status conditions.

jginz1

Shiny Hunter
Alakazam, Serperior, Tapu Koko

Dunsparce, Skiploom, Shuckle

Psychic

Rock

Soopdupe

Gengar, Charizard, Rayquaza, Blastoise

Garbodor (like wut?)

Ghost

Bug, in all my years of playing never kept a bug pokemon except in the beginning

Espeon11

Who's your favourite Pokemon?
Alolan ninetales, bayleef, scizor, heracross, lucario.

Who's your least favourite Pokemon?
Glaceon. The only eeveelution I don't like.

What's your favourite Pokemon type?
Water

What's your least favourite Pokemon type?

Poison and fairy.

I'll just do types...

Favourite: Ice. (Articuno probably has something to do with it.)
Least Favourite: Flying, just doesn't seem to stand out as much as other types, or Rock as they scarcely have any accurate moves.