• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's Your Favorite and/or Least Favorite Pokemon/Type?

catzeye

Writer's Block
Favorite Pokemon?
Swampert, Espeon, Lugia, Hydreigon, Aegislash, Toxtricity, Rayquaza, Victini, Spheal, Linoone (both forms), Audino, Trapinch, Mimikyu, Luxray, Galarian Rapidash, Vaporeon, Lapras, Krookodile

Least Favorite Pokemon?
Jynx, Rotom, Magmortar

Favorite Type:
Ground Type: I don't know how this came to be, but I've noticed a lot of my favorites end up being ground types
Water Type: I've noticed a trend of picking the water starters, and even if I don't I always make sure I have one on my team

Least Favorite Type
Bug Type: Literally the only two bug types I like are Volcarona (from my BW playthrough) and Pinsir (my Pokemon Go ace).
Flying Type: Realized I don't really like too many Flying types moreso that I just (until they stopped making us HMs) kept one the team because I had to.
Rock Type: Inferior ground type IMO

Last edited:

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Why does everyone dislike bug types? I like the ones introduced in Unova and Alola but I guess everyone had their own opinion.

catzeye

Writer's Block
Why does everyone dislike bug types? I like the ones introduced in Unova and Alola but I guess everyone had their own opinion.

I won't speak for everyone, but for me it largely has to do with the facts that I dislike bugs in real life. Add to that is the fact that many aren't viable past the early game due to the sheer amount of weaknesses I've personally had a hard time justifying keeping a bug type on my Team. Exceptions being the two I stated in my post: Volcarona and Pinsir. Volcarona is a beast in BW/BW2 and I'm so glad went after it in-game. Pinsir was an odd one as I wasn't a fan of it all the way back in the 1st gen but come Pokemon Go it was amazing (especially since it was at a time that any Pokemon not named Rattata, Pidgey, Weedle, Caterpie spawning would cause a massive stir)

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I won't speak for everyone, but for me it largely has to do with the facts that I dislike bugs in real life. Add to that is the fact that many aren't viable past the early game due to the sheer amount of weaknesses I've personally had a hard time justifying keeping a bug type on my Team. Exceptions being the two I stated in my post: Volcarona and Pinsir. Volcarona is a beast in BW/BW2 and I'm so glad went after it in-game. Pinsir was an odd one as I wasn't a fan of it all the way back in the 1st gen but come Pokemon Go it was amazing (especially since it was at a time that any Pokemon not named Rattata, Pidgey, Weedle, Caterpie spawning would cause a massive stir)
I agree most but types were weak in the early gems but now they are decent.

MrJechgo

My favorite type is Dark, because I started playing since Gen 1... and man did I get destroyed by Psychic and Ghost types back then, so when Gen 2 rolled along, I jumped on the occasion to try the Dark type :D

My least favorite type is Poison... It lost its effectiveness against Bug and it's now used to defeat Fairy type... when it's not necessarily the best suited to fight. I also got a bit fed up with many Grass/Poison, especially when Psychic ruled the metagame back then. Good luck picking Bulbasaur when you have more weaknesses layered on top due to Poison ^^;

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Favorite Pokemon?
Oshawott! It's my mascot for a reason. I also like the Eeveelutions, and a lot of cute Pokemon.

Least favorite Pokemon?
Stunfisk. It's ugly and its cry sounds like a fart.

Favorite Type?
Water, due to its versatile nature. Many Pokemon of this type can fit any of the different types of stat spreads, whether it'd be a bulky tank or a fast sweeper. Also helps it's one of only three types to have had a type combination with every other type at least once.

Least favorite type?
If I had to choose, Bug. It's often hard to keep one on your team in the later stages of the game, and its moves are walled by so many types while they suffer from many common weaknesses.

Red and Blue

Favorite Pokemon: Mewtwo. Everything from it's design and backstory is superb.
Least Favorite Pokemon: Quiladin. I don't dislike a whole lot of Pokemon, but this is the one I absolutely hate. Easily the black sheep of all mid stage starters.

Favorite type: Fighting. This is the only typing that has consistently been on each of my teams. Great coverage with it being super effective against five typings

Least favorite type: None

RTLfan

Favourite Pokemon:
Gardevoir

Least favourite Pokemon
Turtanator

Favorite type:
Normal: I like that they're either cute realistic animals or very unique creatures.
Grass: I just like nature a lot.

Least favorite type:
Dark: because they're evil more often than not.
Poison: I find venom very interesting but I don't like the Pokemon we're getting for this type.

NeedsAName

Poison: I find venom very interesting but I don't like the Pokemon we're getting for this type.

Not trying to disrespect your opinion or anyþing, just curious as a Fakémon writer. What do you feel is lacking in Poison-types and what would you say are some of þe best Poison-types?

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Favorite Pokemon?
Electivire - it has a cool design and colour scheme, and when I first got into Pokemon as a franchise Gary was using this to beat up Ash's Pikachu which was amazing to see! Diamond & Pearl was my nostalgia period for Pokemon and Electivire dominated in the anime under Paul, was featured in the TCG and I had fun using it in the games too. Other favourites include Flygon, Heracross, Umbreon, Aegislash, Chandelure and Sandslash!

Least favorite Pokemon?
Smoochum & Jynx - I used a Smoochum in a brief Ultra Sun Ice monotype playthrough and it was hot garbage throughout on top of being hideous to look at. I just can't stand the sight of it personally. Mr. Mime is much better for my eyes it would seem.

Favorite Type?
Dark - the concept of tricksters and more malevolent Pokemon is just pretty funky to me, and I seem to gravitate towards their designs, stats and movesets when playing the games. Electric is a close second for me if only because most Electric types seem rather cheerful and energetic which is nice.

Least favorite type?
Rock - it must be said that I like all Pokemon types, and Rock gives us the fossils and other cool Pokemon like Rhyperior and Gigalith. It just feels to me like Rock and Ground are too similar, and it kinda got outclassed by Steel as a defensive stalwart type.

RTLfan

Not trying to disrespect your opinion or anyþing, just curious as a Fakémon writer. What do you feel is lacking in Poison-types and what would you say are some of þe best Poison-types?

A. They really don't have any awesome memorable Pokemon design-wise like Arcanine is for the Fire type and Milotic and Lapras are for the Water type for instance.

B.The random mon designs are underwhelming even by random mon standards. They just plaster the bright purple color on them which is the color associated with this type in the franchise. And then there are the loads and loads of Bug and Plant types that have secondary Poison type (not that it doesn't make sense but it's yet another uninspired thing about this type).

C. I also don't like that the type includes both venomous animals and mons based on poisonous substances. Again, you can't say it doesn't make sense since both fall under the category of toxins but as someone with an interest for venomous beings I don't like that the type is shared with such things as factory waste. and there's certainly a case to be made that if Rock and Ground are two separate types than so should these two categories.

As for my favorite Poison types:

I really like the Zubat line but I don't see why they're poison type since there are no venomous bat species nor does their design remind me of toxins in any way except for Crobat's colour which, unfortunately, confirms point B above. They might as well be Normal/Flying or Dark/Flying or pure Fthatg.
Koffing
Muk line
Galarian Slowbro (I like the weapon and I like Slowbro to begin with)
Salandit line

....So a handful of DECENT ones bar the Zubat line but that doesn't really count in my book. There are some with secondary Poison type than I like but those don't count in my book either since I've always considered the first type as the primary/true type of a Pokemon....their moves may be evenly split but as creatures they are their first type.

Last edited:

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Favorite Pokemon: Vaporeon. Years ago in the Jungle set of the TCG there was a Vaporeon card, aesthetically speaking I've always been really taken with Vaporeon. In the games, I've always found it to be a really solid water type and while it is outclassed by... quite a lot of other things, it's still my favorite.

Favorite Type: Fairy (My second favorite mon is Togekiss)

Least Favorite Type: Rock. I... just don't see the point. It's strong against Flying, Fire, Ice, and Bug, but all of those already have some hard counters.

Least Favorite Pokemon: Unovan Stungfisk. I hate its stupid pervy face.

MrJechgo

Favorite Pokémon: Really hard to say, considering the number :p but I will say that Decidueye, Incineroar and Primarina all got a soft spot in my heart ^_^

Favorite Type: Dark, I come from Gen 1 and when Gen 2 rolled around, I was enjoying myself punishing Psychic and Ghost Pokémon XD

Least Favorite Pokémon: Bruxish... what is wrong with that face o_O ?

Least Favorite Type: Rock... Look, I really want to love Rock Pokémon, especially thanks to the fossil Pokémon that look like dinosaurs. However, ugh, they are ALL slow and cannot take a hit. It feels like they need twice if not THREE TIMES their stats in Defense and Special Defense. They're supposed to be very tanky, but I swear that these guys are always getting OHKO.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Favorite type(s): Psychic, Electric, Fire. I like how energetic and outgoing the Fire and Electric types are, and I like how mysterious the Psychic types are.
Least favorite type: Poison. Incredibly weak and honestly ugly (Zubat, DRAPION). The only Poison typeI’ve successfully used is Toxtricity, but even then I only like the yellow one.
Favorite Pokémon: Tie between Arceus (he’s literally a god) and Fennekin (adorable, also my first starter), Sylveon, Yveltal, Solgaleo, Blacephalon, Regieleki
Least favorite Pokémon: Pikachu, Golbat, Weedle, Lombre, most of the starters’ middle evolutions, CINDERACE

LightKick

Electric Phoenix Master
Favorite Pokemon: Zeraora - It's a mythical and an electric type! He kinda also looks like a fighting type pokemon.

Least Favorite Pokemon: Wurmple - Looks like a snail to me. (I don't know for you)

Favorite Type: Electric - I like flashy things

Least Favorite Type: Ground - They have super effectiveness on Electric.

benleon9891

I usually preferred Pokémon that can use multiple attacks of different nature for example swampert is one of them.
I was looking out for pokemon merchandizing and i found it on amazon

Trillion

favorite pokemon: froslass

favorite type: ghost. you have froslass, corsola, banette, honedge line, zorua line, shedinja, decidueye, and many others

least favorite pokemon: stonjourner

least favorite type: rock. there are some rock types that i like but as a whole it's meh. even the moves are lame. the only one that's strong that you can count on not to miss is power gem

vondecayle

Who's your favorite Pokemon?!
Raichu
Who's your favorite legendary Pokemon?!

Lugia
Who's your favorite mythical Pokemon?!
Mew and Magearna
Who's your favorite ultra beast Pokemon?!
Nihiligo

Who's your LEAST favorite Pokemon?
Pinsir
Who's your LEAST favorite ultra beast?

Xurkitree
What's your Favorite Pokemon TYPE?
Ice, Water and Normal
What's your LEAST Favorite Pokemon TYPE?
Fighting