• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's your favorite book series

Whats your favorite genre(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
My mom thought I was mature enough to allow me to read the Mercy Thompson series and the Alpha and Omega series, and after I had read all of them, they have become my favorite book series.So what's your favorite(s)?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Strictly fiction, I would say I was a long-time fan of Roald Dahl

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
I read the first five books of harry potter in four days when i was seven so that is one of my favourites too, I also just got the cursed child four weeks ago and will probably read the ones that came out on the kindle someday.
I would have to say that Mercy, Alpha and Omega, Harry Potter, Any book by Rick Riordan , and the Eragon Inheritance cycle are my most favorites.
Those are my top favorites, I have tons of other books too that I love to read and reread but it would take to long to list them all.

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
All The Wrong Questions, by Lemony Snicket. It is difficult to sum up their glory in text, but you should go read them.

Discworld, by Terry Pratchett. See above.

And since I've been reading Harry Potter since I was four (or before that, if you count that my dad was reading them to me before that), so I'd feel a little guilty leaving it out.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
Thats cool, my mom had to read every book before I got reading them.
I use to read a lot of manga before I got into the stuff above, but I dont any more, Do any of you guys read or use to read manga?

( I read nearly all of the naruto manga and pokemon magna. )

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
Also what do you like about the book(s) you are reading or have read?

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
I'm an avid follower of the Usagi Yojimbo series by Stan Sakai. It's a comic about a samurai rabbit in Edo-era Japan. It's taught me a lot about Japanese culture (leading me to visit Japan twice in the last 7 months). Stan does everything: write, pencils, inks, hand letters, paints and more. I've had the pleasure of meeting him and own some of his artwork. He's a gentle, kind man who creates incredible stories.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
I'm an avid follower of the Usagi Yojimbo series by Stan Sakai. It's a comic about a samurai rabbit in Edo-era Japan. It's taught me a lot about Japanese culture (leading me to visit Japan twice in the last 7 months). Stan does everything: write, pencils, inks, hand letters, paints and more. I've had the pleasure of meeting him and own some of his artwork. He's a gentle, kind man who creates incredible stories.
Cool, I have heard of that but didn't think much at the time.I might get to reading it someday though.Japan is my third place I want to visit after college so I might just pickup it in Japan.

I'm not answering the poll because my favourite book series is way too hard to put under a genre.

Skulduggery Pleasant.

What can I say about this series. It has humour, emotion, bad**s fight scenes and characters who I've grown to love. The nine books are set in Ireland, and follow the story of a girl named Stephanie, who finds herself thrown into a world of magic and danger. And her role in all this? Well, she kinda ended up as the sidekick of a skeleton named Skulduggery Pleasant. Along the way she meets such characters as Tanith, Ghastly, Fletcher, China and others as she and Skulduggery somehow find themselves having to save the world. A lot. What I love about it is how there is so much sarcasm, satire and puns, which are all balanced out with fight scenes and a plot which sends the reader on an emotional rollercoaster. Oh, and like I mentioned at first, the amount of genres. The first two which seem to be thrown in are fantasy and adventure, but the story ends up also revealing itself to be a whodunnit, a comedy, a drama, a horror and a sci-fi all rolled into one. With character arcs to blow your minds, and with fight scenes which if you were there would probably literally blow your minds, Skulduggery Pleasant is a nine-book saga which captures my heart.

Quick Note: this series actually helped me boost my confidence considerably. It is super-motivational.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
That sounds interesting Nerdy.I love the Mercy Thompson sereies because She's a butt kickin' woman who gets involved with Werewolves, Fae, and Vampires. Its just something I like, I won't say much because I might slip something thats better to read than spoil.

Shadow_Lugia_XD001

Guess who's back
I'm a scifi lover myself and I'm just starting to get myself back into reading novels now I have the time for them. My recent reads are Ready Player One, Robopocalypse and Robogenesis. Currently I'm into reading books about Robot Detectives such as Made to Kill by Adam Chistopher.

Edit: As a kid I used to have most of the Animorphs series haha, there were a hell of a lot of them...

Last edited:

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Mystery: so far, the character development of Stuart MacBride's Logan McRae detective series has been the most enthralling, though as of late I haven't picked up anything that I can say tops works like Blind Eye.

Fantasy: Lord of the Rings, by far. Probably will always stay that way.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
Sorry that I didn't make the poll stay open longer it would have been fun but you can still vote for genre just add to you post like | Fiction vote one |
or something like that and I'll make a post about votes

Comic books are allowed here too.

Arpeggio

I have a lot of favorite books, not so much for book series. I instantly wanna say Harry Potter because I'm a huge nerd and I reread them yearly, but I'm also a big fan of Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials. I also love anything by Anne McCaffrey and Pern. I got involved with a manga called Berserk for a long time too.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
I have a lot of favorite books, not so much for book series. I instantly wanna say Harry Potter because I'm a huge nerd and I reread them yearly, but I'm also a big fan of Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials. I also love anything by Anne McCaffrey and Pern. I got involved with a manga called Berserk for a long time too.

Those are awesome books. seriously.