• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's your favorite book series

Whats your favorite genre(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Viviaren

Smug Snek
I don't really read books that much, but I do love the Owls of Ga'Hoole novels. I loved the worldbuilding and the lore in the series, not to mention the epic battles between the Guardians and the Pure Ones. There were also some really cool characters as well. As someone who generally loves villains (as I find them more interesting), Nyra was without a doubt my favourite character in the series. So evil, so badass.
I even enjoyed the film, despite it drastically changing some story elements from the books.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
I don't really read books that much, but I do love the Owls of Ga'Hoole novels. I loved the worldbuilding and the lore in the series, not to mention the epic battles between the Guardians and the Pure Ones. There were also some really cool characters as well. As someone who generally loves villains (as I find them more interesting), Nyra was without a doubt my favourite character in the series. So evil, so badass.
I even enjoyed the film, despite it drastically changing some story elements from the books.
I know right ^^ but It Was awesome.
Dude villans are cool, but Id say my top favorite villian is Selene from the Chronicles of Dragon book series. Off topic from what you were saying I know but I really didnt find my favorite villan there in Ga'Hoole......

Elite4woolfy

✽✽✽✽✽✽
The 'Wrinkle In Time' series.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I'm a Harry Potter fan. I really enjoyed both the books and movies and I think the franchise is more entertaining than the Lord of the Rings series. I fell asleep 20 minutes into the first movie because I became so bored with it. And I couldn't get past the sixtieth page of the first book without losing interest. I get that some people really love the Lord or the Rings franchise but it's not for me. I was annoyed that I am forced with Gandalf being in every cut scene in Lego Dimensions and he is one of the main characters. I find his lines rather annoying and he is literally useless in battles and puzzles! The other magic based characters such as the Wicked Witch and Newt Scalamander are much more useful in battles and are more viable for puzzles given that they have more abilities to use. All Gandalf can do is light up dark areas and move things with magic. Newt can do everything Gandalf can AND deflect lasers, teleport, grow plants, blow up Silver Lego bricks, and break open special walls.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
I have to add the Wings Of Fire series by Tui T.. Sutherland
I just got all the books up until her newest one coming out in march ( I think)
So I have to look forward to the New Mercy Thompson bok aslo coming out then.
I forsee alot of days with my nose burried in some books :)

I have to add the Wings Of Fire series by Tui T.. Sutherland
I just got all the books up until her newest one coming out in march ( I think)
So I have to look forward to the New Mercy Thompson bok aslo coming out then.
I forsee alot of days with my nose burried in some books :)

Nothing wrong with that, I reckon.

Still, I'm glad you're enjoying WoF! I read the first three myself recently, and I honestly adored them.

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
I'm a horror/dark fantasy nerd, so a lot of my library consists of Stephen King novels as well as HP Lovecraft and various Fairy Tale anthologies (Including one from way back when Fairy Tale anthologies were first being produced in England). However, my favourite book would probably be Dracula, because of just how well its written by Bram Stoker. He uses taste of all senses to help describe the culture of Transylvania - something that is never usually used to describe somewhere new. That, and I really like Dracula as a character~

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
I love reading poetry , and I'm more on reading action/adventure/ fiction types. I also like to read Horror/ Mystery, and some Information ones, but mainly poetry.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Harry Potter, it's the only good book series out there. Except for "book 7" but I don't count that as head canon.

ChloboShoka

Writer
I like Harry Potter, Lord Of The Rings, Vampirates, Stephen King and Roald Dhal works along with Poriot and Miss Marple by Agatha Christie.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
heh, I am guessing Harry Potter is quite a favorite around here eh?

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
So Any one here, ever read the Erec Rex series?
I have the four books and been rereading them until I can get the Secrets of Ashona, Damn at least in my mind its a awesome book series

Meluvia

Ghost Master
I love the Sword of Truth series. I can't stand that awful tv series based off it though.

pirate555

Word.
Tolkien's Lord of the Rings wins my vote. Aside from the fact that it was masterfully written and composed, I was exposed to it aged 11 and it transformed my way of looking at the world.

Tolkien's Lord of the Rings wins my vote. Aside from the fact that it was masterfully written and composed, I was exposed to it aged 11 and it transformed my way of looking at the world.

I had a slightly similar thing, except with the hobbit (books and films), the LOTR movies and Skulduggery Pleasant. Both franchises changed how I looked at life, with the two former making me think a little more philosophically than I used to and the latter literally boosting my confidence in school to help me cope with bullying in my last year of primary school. Not to mention that Skulduggery Pleasant was also one of the things that made me fall in love with satire.

pirate555

Word.
I had a slightly similar thing, except with the hobbit (books and films), the LOTR movies and Skulduggery Pleasant. Both franchises changed how I looked at life, with the two former making me think a little more philosophically than I used to and the latter literally boosting my confidence in school to help me cope with bullying in my last year of primary school. Not to mention that Skulduggery Pleasant was also one of the things that made me fall in love with satire.

I have read the Hobbit but I was opposed to the idea of a three-film series so I only watched the first one.....that said, my friend who I would fairly state as a Tolkien expert rates it highly, so I should probably give it another go! I may take a look at Skulduggery Pleasant also...