1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What's YOUR favorite/least favorite generation?

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Peanuts, Sep 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peanuts

Peanuts Junky

Just came from /vp/, and there was a thread discussing generations. I liked it, and thought I might bring it here.

My personal opinions:

#1: Generation 2 was definitely my favorite. Mostly because it was the first time we ever got new Pokemon, it was really a wonder to see all these never before seen mons. Original Silver player, and Soul Silver/Heart Gold are just chock full of content, just awesome.

#2: Generation 1 was second, if only for nostalgic purposes. I was a Yellow player back in the day, and the Fire Red and Leaf Green remakes were amazing.

#3: Generation 5 was third. Never before have so many new Pokemon been unleashed, and not a SINGLE ONE is related to any old Pokemon. White/Black are extremely polished, beautiful looking, are also chock full of content, and for the first time are in a far away place. Also new training, breeding, and the dream world, all awesome. White player, by the way.

#4: Generation 3 is fourth. While many, if not all, of my favorite Pokemon (Such as Latias and Flygon) are from this generation, I can't help but put it lower on the list. Most of the Pokemon I seem to forget by just hearing their names are from Generation 3, not sure why that is. It seemed short, not a lot of content, and too much surfing! That said, I still loved it. Sapphire player, this generation.

#5: Generation 4 is definitely my least favorite. The games are nice and polished, but they're supposed to be about the Pokemon! While there was about 100-ish new Pokemon (Lowest ever, as far as I know), half, if not MORE were just baby's or evolutions of previous generation mons. This was an absolute letdown, and to be honest this region was definitely the most boring. It did give me Glaceon, though, I can thank it for that. Originally a Diamond player this generation.

Well? What are your thoughts? Every generation has their strengths and improvements, and weaknesses and seemingly useless or poor content. Where do the generations stand in your eyes?

2. most favorite generation 3rd
    Least favorite generation 4th

3. leafstormfire

leafstormfire ~Freezing Winds~

My favorite is generation 1, the original. ^_^

Least favorite is 5th, I just didn't like it that much...I guess the designs were a bit weird to me.

4. j_gamez

j_gamez Blah

favourite gen is 5th
    least favourite gen is a tie between 1st and 2nd

5. FluffyHoundour

FluffyHoundour Well-Known Member

Favorite Gen: Gen II
    Least Favorite: Gen III

Though I'm starting to really love Gen V.

6. Gelatino95

Gelatino95 Not a tool

Ironically, Johto is actually the region which introduced the least new pokemon.

As for me, my favorite generation is three. Obviously, it's the one I grew up with and it introduced the best pokemon in my opinion. I can't really choose a least favorite, because the rest are all pretty good. Although, if I HAD to choose a least favorite, then I'd say gen four because of the ugly pokemon (skuntank, carnivine, bibarel... you get my drift)

7. Annihilator

Annihilator Everyone's Watching

Haha same here. =)

8. No. 1 Machop Fan

No. 1 Machop Fan Well-Known Member

My fave Generation is gen 3 because it has the most unique Pokemon, like Shedinja, Castform and Deoxys.

9. Venomfang

Venomfang Perky Goth

Favorite gen: 3

Least favorite: 4

10. Shedinjask

Shedinjask Currently Invincible

Favorite is probably 3rd. I dunno, the games seem to be gaining some kind of maturity, being less childish.

Least is 2nd. It just seems kinda like a repeat of the first.

11. Moneyy

Moneyy WORK MAKES YOU FREE

We probably have this thread in polls too.

12. EeveeSkitty

EeveeSkitty Pokemon.

1. Generation V. BW. Amazing games, a half decent plot, wonderful music, they just gave the players what they wanted this gen. The Pokemon designs were new and creative (compared to older designs, they stand out more in my mind).
    2.Generation II. GSC/HGSS. Okay, I admit it, the scenery was rather bland in these games, but it featured two regions, which is pretty cool. I liked the Pokemon designs overall, the music was nice etc
    3. Generation IV. DPPt. Every hates on these games, but they really aren't that bad. There is a lot to do in them, and they are quite fun. I might even go as far as suggesting that the underground was more enjoyable than the secret bases for me, since I actually had friends to play with. The Wi-Fi feature was a HUGE selling point for me.

13. Cyclone

Cyclone < where it all began

GENERATION 1 WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST

But I gotta say, Generation 5 was pretty damn close.

Least favorite: generation 3.

14. PokeTrainerJay

PokeTrainerJay High in the Sky

This is basically mine. I love Hoenn and FR/LG but dislike Sinnoh and they did bring in some good Pokemon but they were just evo's or pre-evo's.

15. Ausgirl

Ausgirl Well-Known Member

Favorite: Johto was nice cos it was the first time where I was able to play as a girl.
    Least favorite: Hoenn cos it had shitty graphics and pokemon designs.

16. pokemon player

pokemon player Sylveon, tho.

My favourite is generation III. I don't have a least favorite, but last on my list woul be generation IIII, because it really disappointed me.

17. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

I agree with you, Generation V (Unova) was the coolest, especially the graphics and characters and I'm loving some of the Pokemon already. In addition to that, I'm getting Black for my 19th birthday next month which is 2 weeks away from now.

Once I play it, I'll tell you more.

And the reason I love Generation V most of all is one certain Pokemon introduced that has had its cuteness win me over.

Oshawott!

18. ShadowKyogre443

ShadowKyogre443 오션 마스터

I loved the amount of content in 3rd gen. I'd say it has the most you can actually do, minus Wi-Fi capabilities. My vote goes to generation 3.

19. orangezilla

orangezilla Who's dar man

4th gen is my favourite, 5th gen hastnt done it for me in the same way, the map, theme of the games and a ton of some of my favourite pokemon make 4th gen the best for me, behind that I'd say 3rd gen which was also great and where I started

20. bob517

bob517 Shiny Hunter

My fav Is gen 5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.