• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's your favorite line when a trainer sends out their Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Cynthia's a lot, when she sends out her Pokemon she says "(insert Pokemon name) battle dance!" and I like Byron's, he says "I love (insert Pokemon's name).

Or do you like the original "I choose you (insert Pokemon's name)?

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
_______! Stand by for battle! (Paul)

_______! Battle Dance (Cynthia)

_______! I need your assistance! (Brandon)

_______! I choose you! (Ash)

Weedy Spyze

I guess for me it would be the classics like "Pikachu, go!" or "Bulbasaur, I choose you!" or whatever. Although "Misty calls Starmie!" was pretty cute too.

What the heck is a battle dance supposed to be?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I should start watching the Japanese episodes, since I never watched them, and I also heard Misty stated her age in one of the episodes too.

She says she's 10 in the Caterpie episode in Japanese but 4kids didn't translate it for whatever reason.

And I don't know why people are saying Misty constantly had a catch phrase, it only appeared for a few episodes...much like the mallet which only ever appeared for like 4 episodes.

Luthor

for me personally i always liked "standby for battle." but i don't think many other characters would've sounded right saying it.

"I choose you," "Go!," and "My Vintage!"

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
My favorite is "stand by for battle!" I will admit that it wouldn't suit Ash, given his personality, but it is my favorite battle entry line. Right up there with "stand by for battle" is "(insert Pokémon), go!"

(Pokèmon) Battle stand by <<Paul
(Pokèmon) I need your assistant <<Brendan
I love (Pokèmon) <<Baron
(Pokèmon) Lets go! <<Roark
Etc

An00bis

Wicked Witch
What the heck is a battle dance supposed to be?

A fancy way of saying destroy them.

... but seriously I don't know.

Does anyone have a list of who says what? I haven't watched the Dub in years so a few of these are new to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.