• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's your favorite Pokémon centered arc in the anime?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Any series is valid and giving an explanation would be nice. I'd give a poll but there's so many Pokémon who gets arcs centered around them lol.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Probably controversial, but my favorite Pokémon centered arc has to be Greninja trying to master the Ash Greninja form. It really gave the feel that both Ash and Greninja were equals in their struggles. Furthermore, their conclusion gave us XYZ028, which is one of my favourite episodes.

Genaller

Silver Soul
When you say “arc” do you mean a specific stretch of episodes or could the arc have taken place over the series or even multiple series?

Xuxuba

Team Flare arc, because it was so intense that i was on the edge of my seat the entire time. All of the gym leaders appearing to protect Kalos, Clemont beating Xerosic and sacrificing Clembot to destroy TF's machine, Bonnie standing up to Zygarde and ordering Zygarde to destroy Lysandre, Serena and the others going after Chespin and finding out about the Monolith, Ash being betrayed by Alain and getting out of Lysandre's clutches, Ash and Alain getting together to defeat Mega Gyarados, Lysandre apparently commiting suicide by jumping down from Lumiose Tower and the list goes on... everyone got something to do and there are so many highlights that i couldn't chose just one. It felt like everything was leading up to that moment. Not to mention for the first time ever the male companion and the child companion were proactive and relevant in a Villain arc, getting their own time to shine.

I really liked OS League arc but the way it ended kind of ruined it for me. Not because Ash lost, but because of how anticlimatic the last battle was.

I also liked DP League arc, but this time the thing that ruined it for me was the fact that the person who beat Ash came out of literally nowhere, got no backstory and no explanation as to why he had 2 legendaries (maybe even more) and just disappeared forever after he was done annihilating everyone in the League. Like, explore your damn characters, especially if they are that important. People complain about Alain all the time, but at least he didn't come out of nowhere and he got a lot of exposition that estabilished how strong his Charizard was.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Team Flare arc, because it was so intense that i was on the edge of my seat the entire time. All of the gym leaders appearing to protect Kalos, Clemont beating Xerosic and sacrificing Clembot to destroy TF's machine, Bonnie standing up to Zygarde and ordering Zygarde to destroy Lysandre, Serena and the others going after Chespin and finding out about the Monolith, Ash being betrayed by Alain and getting out of Lysandre's clutches, Ash and Alain getting together to defeat Mega Gyarados, Lysandre apparently commiting suicide by jumping down from Lumiose Tower and the list goes on... everyone got something to do and there are so many highlights that i couldn't chose just one. It felt like everything was leading up to that moment. Not to mention for the first time ever the male companion and the child companion were proactive and relevant in a Villain arc, getting their own time to shine.

I really liked OS League arc but the way it ended kind of ruined it for me. Not because Ash lost, but because of how anticlimatic the last battle was.

I also liked DP League arc, but this time the thing that ruined it for me was the fact that the person who beat Ash came out of literally nowhere, got no backstory and no explanation as to why he had 2 legendaries (maybe even more) and just disappeared forever after he was done annihilating everyone in the League. Like, explore your damn characters, especially if they are that important. People complain about Alain all the time, but at least he didn't come out of nowhere and he got a lot of exposition that estabilished how strong his Charizard was.

I agree with everything you've said, though since the topic asked 'Pokémon centric arc', I assumed it only asked about Pokémon that got arcs. If that's apparently not the case, then you've perfectly described what I would've said otherwise.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Team Flare arc, because it was so intense that i was on the edge of my seat the entire time. All of the gym leaders appearing to protect Kalos, Clemont beating Xerosic and sacrificing Clembot to destroy TF's machine, Bonnie standing up to Zygarde and ordering Zygarde to destroy Lysandre, Serena and the others going after Chespin and finding out about the Monolith, Ash being betrayed by Alain and getting out of Lysandre's clutches, Ash and Alain getting together to defeat Mega Gyarados, Lysandre apparently commiting suicide by jumping down from Lumiose Tower and the list goes... there are so many highlights that i couldn't chose just one. It felt like everything was leading up to that moment. Not to mention for the first time ever the male companion and the child companion were proactive and relevant in a Villain arc, getting their own time to shine.

I also liked DP League arc, but this time the thing that ruined it for me was the fact that the person who beat Ash came out of literally nowhere, got no backstory and no explanation as to why he had 2 legendaries (maybe even more) and just disappeared forever after he was done anihilating everyone in the League. Like, explore your damn characters, especially if they are that important. People complain about Alain all the time, but at least he didn't come out of nowhere and he got a lot of exposition that estabilished how strong his Charizard was.
That’s great and all, but I think the OP meant which Pokémon character arc in Pokémon was your favorite. Here are some examples (which also happen to be my TOP 4):

1. Charizard’s disobedience character arc starting from the first time Charmeleon didn’t obey Ash till when Charizard finally started listening to Ash in OI.

2. Greninja’s character arc from when Ash and Greninja first discovered Bond Phenomenon to them demonstrating mastery of it against Wulfric.

3. Infernape’s character arc from when Ash took him in as an abandoned Chimchar till when he finally showed how strong he became to Paul.

4. Pikachu’s disobedience character arc starting from when Ash and Pikachu first met till when Pikachu protected Ash by electrocuting the flock of Spearrow (which yes happened in the same episode).

Xuxuba

Oh i saw the title and thought that by Pokémon he meant the series.

Then Sylveon's i guess. I prefer character centered arcs, but i think Eevee's transformation to a Sylveon was beautiful and the way it bonded with Serena and slowly lost it's shyness was really cute.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

I guess the Tag Battle Tournament Arc from DP Series which focused a lot on Chimchar and his relationship between him and Paul and also the relationship between Ash and Paul as tag partners in the tournament.We get to see in depth how Paul trains his pokemon more so with his Chimchar and also the backstory of Chimchar on how he and Paul first met.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
When you say “arc” do you mean a specific stretch of episodes or could the arc have taken place over the series or even multiple series?
Either one works. As long as it's an ongoing focus for sale Pokémon

Sorry for the confusion. I did mean an actual Pokémon (i.e Greninja's in XYZ like @Akkipeddi said)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Infernape's

Friendshipper

Gotta Love 'Em All
I kinda like those simple filler-like episodes where a certain Pokemon learns a new movement or overcomes its own problems. But if we are gonna talk about arcs, then the Chimchar to Infernape's is simply my favorite.

Apslup

Feelin' Fine.
Infernape was amazing, the Greninja one (though it did end very anti-climatically), the Zygarde one (since Bonnie is such a cutie) and Krookodile (MVP of BW).