• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's your favorite Pokemon game(s)/Genration(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
4, 5 and 2.

Favorite games are Platinum, HeartGold and BW2.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Ultra Sun for me. Despite a few difficult battles such as Totem Araquanid and Totem Togedemaru, most of it is quite a long game with a lot of compatible older pokemon, including both island scanning, trades or pokebank (only downside is that the game only contains entries with images based on the ultra Alola dex) and the demo containing Ash Greninja is unavailable now.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Gen 3 through 6 <3
I have wonderful memories playing pokemon sapphire/emerald, Leafgreen, Pokemon XD:Gale of Darkness, Battle Revolution, Black/White and X. It’s hard to choose.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Gen III is always gonna be my fav as far as the games go. Was the first gen I could really play and comprehend. As a result, my favorite games are actually ORAS. I know those are pretty polarizing, and I understand the complaints. But it my opinion, it took the story and characters I loved so much in the originals and greatly improved upon them. Genuinely exceeded my expectations when I played them.

ncowan

More and more, lately, I find myself returning to Gen 2 over everything else. There's nothing else like it, even within the series. Even the brilliant remakes in the form of HGSS aren't quite the same (but they’re very high on my list as well). Crystal is probably my favorite as a result. I have my little nitpicks, like how I appreciate how Gold and Silver make the opposing box legend level 70 instead of the 60 that they're both at in Crystal, or how I think that there's something beautiful in the subtle simplicities that Gold and Silver have over Crystal - but regardless, the Gen 2 games as a whole remain the best experience for me.

Beyond that, honestly, the next best thing this series has to offer is Legends. I had more fun playing Legends than I had with anything else since I first picked up Silver over 2 decades ago, and I think it should be the foundation of the future of the series. It's the first step in the right direction and I'm excited that Scarlet and Violet seem to be taking some notes from it stylistically.

Third is Hoenn - Emerald, specifically, the perfect embodiment of the sense of endless wonder and adventure from that beautiful region. The Battle Frontier helps it stand above Ruby and Sapphire, among other things. I think it's another near-perfect implementation of the Pokemon vision, just in a different direction from the other two I mentioned.

I love the series, and there are a lot more games I didn’t even mention that are probably worth mentioning, but those are my absolute favorites.
My favorite is Gen 2 But I will admit I/ve only played the first 3 generations because I could never afford a DS or 3DS and all the emulators I find online for anything after gen 3 are garbage. Me favorite Pokemon in Meowth. Pay Day

Status
Not open for further replies.