• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's your favorite Pokemon game(s)/Genration(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zolios

My favorite generation is Gen 5 and my favorite games are Black 2 and White 2.

I also love Gen 3 and Fire Red and Leaf Green, then the Sun and Moon were very fun for me even though I'm not a huge fan of Gen 7 in general.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Gen 6 which includes xy and oras
Such a lovely and beautiful gen

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
For me, it's a tie between Gens 2 and 3, with the original games and their remakes being some of my all-time favourites in the series. Gen 7 comes pretty close too, as does Gen 4.

I've played every generation of games up to 7; I can't really say much about Gens 8 and 9 since I don't have a Switch, and the latter was only just recently announced.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
More and more, lately, I find myself returning to Gen 2 over everything else. There's nothing else like it, even within the series. Even the brilliant remakes in the form of HGSS aren't quite the same (but they’re very high on my list as well). Crystal is probably my favorite as a result. I have my little nitpicks, like how I appreciate how Gold and Silver make the opposing box legend level 70 instead of the 60 that they're both at in Crystal, or how I think that there's something beautiful in the subtle simplicities that Gold and Silver have over Crystal - but regardless, the Gen 2 games as a whole remain the best experience for me.

Beyond that, honestly, the next best thing this series has to offer is Legends. I had more fun playing Legends than I had with anything else since I first picked up Silver over 2 decades ago, and I think it should be the foundation of the future of the series. It's the first step in the right direction and I'm excited that Scarlet and Violet seem to be taking some notes from it stylistically.

Third is Hoenn - Emerald, specifically, the perfect embodiment of the sense of endless wonder and adventure from that beautiful region. The Battle Frontier helps it stand above Ruby and Sapphire, among other things. I think it's another near-perfect implementation of the Pokemon vision, just in a different direction from the other two I mentioned.

I love the series, and there are a lot more games I didn’t even mention that are probably worth mentioning, but those are my absolute favorites.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
It's a tie between Sun/Moon and G6 for me. My first actual game is Sword (didn't own a pokemon game except emulators for years) but Ultra Sun has quite a deep story and G6 has my favorite water starter Greninja.

Anime G6 wins easily. The Gonna a be Winner theme is just really awesome and amazing animations.

Sun and Moon...weird art style with the heavy ink usage used in the old stylized face expressions for example when Kiawe failed a baseball throw against Lana. I'm glad the eventually stopped using it. It did have good battles. But Rotom-Dex gets a lot of my hate about G7 the anime.
In short he's hyper-active camera paparazzi with a know-it-all personality and a shrill voice. I just hated it.

The only exception that could be worse is Cilan having connoisseur and evaluation time personality for anything he gets near. It make's turn off the episodes sometimes.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I like to see Pokemon more as a collective series, but my favorites would probably be Gen 6, with Alpha Sapphire especially.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I consider Platinum to be the best Pokémon game but the Gen 5 & Gen 7 games (minus LGPE) are also some favorites of mine

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
Best games that I played. So fight me.
(The bold texts consider as my favorite Generations)

Gen 3 (Ruby and Sapphire/Emerald)
Gen 4 Diamond and Pearl/Platinum, Heartgold and Soulsilver)
Gen 5 (Black and White, Black 2 and White 2)
Gen 6 (X and Y, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire)
Gen 7 (Sun and Moon/Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon)
Gen 8 (Sword and Shield with Expansion Pass, Legends Arceus)

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Gen II and III are my favorite generations in terms of the franchise overall. As for my favorite games, that's harder to pinpoint. I do love G/S/C and their remakes, as well as R/S/E, but B2/W2 are some of the best Pokemon games from my perspective even though I wasn't a big fan of Gen V in general.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
My favourite Generation is probably Gen 3. My favourite games are Emerald, HGSS, BDSP and LGPE.

I am glad that Emerald and HGSS are almost universally loved, but I want to highlight how underrated BDSP and LGPE are, in my opinion. They're really good games.

TwilightBlade

Gens 3 and 4 are my favourites with Platinum and HGSS being some of my favourite games of all time. I also liked Gen 2 but not as much. :]

jaden767

Amphetamine
Gens 1, 2 and 3. Not in that exact order but I was a fan of the series more in the early days compared to now. I started to get tired of the games by the time Gen 5 started.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Gen 3 through 6 <3

Ryker101

BW2 is my favourite, along with base BW they provide a really satisfying experience. They have the best story, interesting characters, lots of locations to explore, reasonably challenging, banger soundtrack and respectable post game content. I’d say BW2 are better since they build upon BW’s story, expand unova and
integrate old gen pokemon into them. Also the pixel art, especially in sprites are just timeless imo

After that its BW 2 > HGSS > BW > SM/USUM and PLA also gets an honourable mention

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Gen 2, 5, 7
Fav game would be HGSS, B2W2 and Legends.

ZiR

Beginner Collector
Sinnoh is my favorite region, following near with Jotho and Kalos. If I had to decide which pokemon game, excluding the remakes, and Legends, considering only the original entries, I would say Pokemon Platinum. Game Freak somehow, pickup Diamond and Pearl and made sufficient improvements to make Platinum as the definitive 4th gen experience, even considering BDSP, Platinum is still a superior game which is so crazy to think about. Now including the remakes, Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver are the best ones of the Pokemon series, no question.

Last edited:

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
My favourite games are Platinum, Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, Black 2/White 2, HeartGold/SoulSilver, and X/Y. My favourite generations are III and IV, for introducing things like Natures, Abilities, and the physical/special split, although I also like V and VI for reusable TMs and Mega Evolutions, respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.