• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's Your Favorite strategy?

Favorite strategy

• All-around

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Straightforward Speed Sweeping

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • TrickRoom Antispeed Sweeping

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Defensive Tanking

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (please state what it is)

Votes: 14 27.5%

• Total voters

THE_MEWTILATOR

Master-in-Training.
I like the trick-room one.

Affirmative

STOP RESETTIN'!
I'm an all-arounder.

palkia1

Palkia Lover
I don't use any strategy, mainly cause i don't battle. If i did, i still wouldn't use one. I just use the moves i like on the Pokemon i like, not moves that are considered great in battle, n Pokemon that are considered great in battle

Cobalt_Latios

Other: Status condition + attack, then use your best one for the KO. Works pretty well.

~C_L~

"L"

Subseed Abomasnow

Surprisingly my team is Flamethrower Blissey weak.

foxfyre

Ninetales Queen
I just use whatever lets me win.

THE_MEWTILATOR

Master-in-Training.
I just use whatever lets me win.

I don't use any strategy, mainly cause i don't battle. If i did, i still wouldn't use one. I just use the moves i like on the Pokemon i like, not moves that are considered great in battle, n Pokemon that are considered great in battle

In competitive battles you don't get far without a strategy. In the battle tower you won't get far without a strategy. The only way to win without a strategy is to do the shallow main game and spam out level advantages and type advantages against people who you know what their pokemon are because they're gym leaders.

And what do you mean you don't battle? What else is there to do, unless... ACK! ANIME FAN ALERT!

Last edited:

#Gecko#

The Essential One
I'm an all-sweeping speed team although I keep one who can take hits, but still attack(Agili-Gross). I'm mostly about speed.

THE_MEWTILATOR

Master-in-Training.
I'm an all-sweeping speed team although I keep one who can take hits, but still attack(Agili-Gross). I'm mostly about speed.

Speed reliant teams are weak to Trick Room Antispeed. You've been warned. ;) mwah hah hah...

I lack Wi-fi.

If you don't have a home connection you can use the McDonalds. I traded for a Cyndaquil that way. I haven't actually battled because when I went to the Battle Tower Wifi Room the server was down at McDonalds.

Last edited:
Currently, it is Weather-based strategy, but that might change soon because I'm now experimenting with another strategy.

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
Right now, I love using my Jolteon and Salamence in Double Battles because I use my Jolteon to slow down the opposing pokemon down with T-wave, and then sweep with both of them(for some reason, my Jolteon can take a few hits, even super-effective, without being killed, and then sweep really effectively). Though, I'm working on a Baton Passing team with SD and Subs.

latios reborn

honestly i don't have that much of a strategy i just go in with which type can better the other one but i tend to have a weakness to ground pokemon.

hIrAm

when traveling through the game, I just speed-sweep. but with important, and more difficult battles I try and use some type of strategy... where I still have no idea what I'm doing anyways. so... "other".

palkia1

Palkia Lover
In competitive battles you don't get far without a strategy. In the battle tower you won't get far without a strategy. The only way to win without a strategy is to do the shallow main game and spam out level advantages and type advantages against people who you know what their pokemon are because they're gym leaders.

And what do you mean you don't battle? What else is there to do, unless... ACK! ANIME FAN ALERT!

There is a very simple answer to that question. I don't like to battle. I don't battle with friends, i don't enter the battle tower, i don't battle online. Period! The only battling i do is raising up my own Pokemon against wild Pokemon or E4. And yes, i like the anime, but i'm not a mad mad fan. In my games, i prefer to breed my favourite Pokemon, raise them to level 100, teach them moves i like, not ones that are considered good, and leave them at that.

Desert Flower

Sandstorm Trainer
I like to annoy and wear down the opponent, and use moves that cover my pokemons' weaknesses. I also use moves that are specifically meant to take down a Ludicolo. I hate that thing.