1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What's your favorite style of play?

Discussion in 'Older Gens' started by UbersSuck20, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UbersSuck20

UbersSuck20 #FreeGenesect

When playing on Showdown/PO, what's your favorite style of play? Balanced, hyperoffensive, stall or Baton Pass?

2. justinjiaxinghu

justinjiaxinghu class on my back

First post yay!

Anyways, I have favorite playstyles for every tier.

OU: Balanced. In this freaking complex place, Balanced for me is super easy and very fun to use. 'Nuff said.
    Ubers: By far my favorite tier. Hyper Offense if probably my favorite playstyle here, as there are so many pokemon with so much wallbreaking potential. (Latios, Reshiram, Kyogre, etc.) The sheer damage output is amazing and who doesnt like smashing Arceus' around?
    RU: Ummm I would say Semi-Stall. There aren't many hard hitters in RU besides that CB Entei, so semi-stall teams can be used quite successfully, and the "semi" part of the team can be used to put offensive pressure on the opponent if need be.

3. Ultimate Champion

Ultimate Champion 瞞天過海

Though it is hardly the style with which I am most successful, my favorite playstyle, at least in the Übers tier, is SmashPass.

4. SoulMuse

SoulMuse Shadow of nothing

Hm...I prefer to play balanced, but leaning toward more offensive. Good for maintaing major offensive pressure, but still taking hits.

5. AnakBaé

AnakBaé Well-Known Member

Anything but Stall. I hate using and facing stall teams, not gonna lie :]

6. Cosmic Potato

Cosmic Potato Sexy Trainer

I like balance because I feel it matches up decently against other playstyles. Also it is easier to have less weaknesses when you have scarfers to remove threats and defensive pokemon to wall them.

7. Above Zenith

Above Zenith 2high

My favorite playstyle is sand offense. TTar is just too good. Rain stall is somewhere up there too.

8. Soperman

Soperman The One and Only

I haven't played in a while, but when I did play I loved bulky offense; using Pokemon to sponge up hits and retaliate hard was really fun

9. SkyDriver

SkyDriver Hiding in the grass

Usually I play offense, but with a defensive part in the team, a sole wall to take the powerful blows. One team though is pure offense, so every 2 turns a poke on either side is beaten :3 Stall is something I simply can't, but a well built and played stall team I also can't defeat.

10. SASHA the master

SASHA the master A living Legend !

Smashpass annoys people much....so it's my favorite
    Even if it's the most disatvantaged playing style

11. I enjoy using gimmicky teams, such as Gravity + TR (side note, TR Specs Gyara did really well on that team).

12. jireh the provider

jireh the provider Video Game Designer

For my playstyle, I prefer versatility.

If you are wondering why this style, look no other than Mew and her 100 friends. Not the best in every category, but can survive many scenarios and play just about every available role

13. Divine Retribution

Divine Retribution Well-Known Member

HO, SmashPass, and Anti-Meta in OU, HO in UU, don't do RU, and Trick Room in NU. Ubers sucks.

14. MetalSonic

MetalSonic Orderan' Defendan'

Aaahhhh good ol' Balanced. Nice, clean, simple, I love it. -w-

15. I tend to just go with balanced teams in most tiers the majority of the time, although I have enjoyed playing with many other team archetypes in the past. In PU, though, I absolutely love offense with Custap Pineco. Just toss down Stealth Rock and a layer of Spikes or two and go berserk with sweepers. I've played under several different alts on the PU ladder and so far the variations of this team have done extremely well. Perhaps it's just that the PU ladder is so new and full of people just trying crazy stuff for fun, but I've found that even many well-built teams have a lot of trouble handling all the sweepers with hazards down, so the team ladders pretty easily.

16. UbersSuck20

UbersSuck20 #FreeGenesect

Best post ever.

Anyway, looks like people really hate stall.

17. Dragonicwari

Dragonicwari Artistically angry

I have found stall to be incredibly amusing when you have a good team

18. Touché Amoré

Touché Amoré WAKABA-KU

Anything really. But usually offensive primarily I guess. I hate slow moving strategies. Not because they are bad but just because I will just get bored if the battle goes on forever ´ー` Also I can not think of one good stall team I ever made. Just not for me. I am a big fan of the offensive powerhouses because they get the job done faster. So then I can get the battle done faster I guess ´ー`

This

19. Miror

Miror Seeker of the Blood Staff Member Moderator

My favorite playstyle is probably stall, either that or balanced with some random NU Pokemon thrown on for the ride

20. Eliteknight

Eliteknight S.L.Y.

Stall has to be my favourite playstyle. It is in my opinion a fairly effective playstyle in the current metagame. plus the rage quits make laddering more entertaining. If i dont use stall my 2nd option has to be bulky offense

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.