• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Whats Your Favorite Tier?

Fave Tier

• Uber

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • OU

Votes: 33 45.8%
  • UU

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • RU

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • NU

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
DPP LatiMence OU....wait you only posted bad tiers up there that take no skill.

I don't see how these tiers are bad and take no skill.
Fine, OU has a lot of common teams. That's why it's called the over-used tier >.<
UU tends to be a bit more creative, using more pokemon from lower tiers.
In RU, just about anything goes, but there are powerhouses who have nice stats and move-pools who just can't make it higher up; this tier is more about "raw power" imo (as in, the basics of pokemon).
NU is NU.

Now, saying these tiers suck is essentially saying you don't like competitive pokemon. How was DPP Latimence better? It was even worse then than it is now.
OU isn't called OU because it has common teams, it's called OU because in a metagame where all pokemon are allowed exept for ubers (the banlist), the pokemon in OU are the most common. The way you said it was a bit like saying there is no 'standard' in UU because it has lesser used pokemon - I'm sure you probably didn't mean this though.Also, saying NU is NU means nothing. It's NU, and that's quite clear. NU is a vibrant tier with a lot of things viable, although the teams are generally fast paced offensive teams, stall can be used to an effective degree. NU also has the widest amount of commonly used pokemon of any tier, as Jesusfreak pointed out (I think in this thread).

And I think what Doc meant by what he posted was that 5th gen is probably the worst generation, and it only has 5th generation tiers listed. 5th generation isn't as fun as 4th generation or 3rd generation in the opinion of many. Also, he hasn't listed LC, CC, or MC, which are quite fun tiers. Although, he didn't word it in the nicest way possible.

I actually use a mixed tier set i use my personal favorites to battle, i have 3 in OU, 2 in UU, and 1 in NU, so i guess its actually an OU team since its the most common tier set on my team and I can't use it in lower tiers, on my old PBR days the only thing that could stop my team was the infamous scarf-spout kyogre and bulky vaporeons with wish.

GreatGonzales

The Master
NU definitely. I've played NU, RU, and UU, and using the world's worst Pokemon is so much fun. It's so unpredictable and, well, different.

I've played all tiers a couple of times, and I've enjoyed OU the most because it has the most battlers and I've been able to come up with my best teams that don't always have the most common ly seen pokemon in them. Also a lot of my favorite pokemon in general happen to be in OU

[CW2]Master Jirachi

[CW2]Master Jirachi
Go ahead and hate me but UBERS!!!You can use any Pokemon and that gives room for more strategy and more options.

EDIT:But I'm best at OU and it is probably my second favorite because battles can get really interesting, more than they can in any other tier.

EDIT:Oh and up to date generation. I basically like it where both players can use any pokemon that exists.

5221A

UU. Iv palyed every tier at least a few times but my fave is UU. NU is fun also because Dunsprance and seaking are there.

Spiky

Prediction succesful
I always pretty much play OU becuz they are awesome pokes who aren't the strongest and still do a great job for not being legendary... Also, the UBER tier is pretty one of the tiers I don't really like becuz they're too beazty, good-looking and have too great power. I just play OU when I'm on PO.

NickrossxD

Battle Me!!!
I like OU, but I honestly get sick and tired of seeing Ferrothorns, Conkeldurrs and Reuniclus every battle, so I've given UU a try, and its actually really fun :) It's a tie between the two for me.

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
Either OU, Uber, or CC.

Matoro

Toa of Ice
Definitely OU. It bans the too powerful mons, but lets you use anything else, even gimmicks you think might work.

DarthVader

It's too late to vote but OU is my favourite.

The problem with just trying the lower tiers is that it takes quite a while to create a new team of Pokemon; not worth it if I'm only to use them for a couple of battles.

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
BW OU is my favorite tier, mainly cause it's the only tier I can currently play to any extent. But I also really love RBY OU because it's so broken that it's fun.

Patri25

My favourite tier is NU, becuse i hat the weather battles.