• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's your favourite episode(s)? *SPOILER WARNING*

Shadow_Lugia_XD001

Guess who's back
yey my first thread ^_^

Anyway, what are your favourite episodes and why?
mine are:
battling the enemy within-from the battle frontier series because seeing ash possessed was probably the coolest thing that has ever happened to him
yôkan and rotom-from the platinum series because it is the funniest episode by far for me! :D
EDIT: all of the Team Galactic episodes-(big Team galactic fan here ^_^)
What's yours?

NO FLAMING PLEASE :)

Last edited:

DarkLatios

SHINE GET
That Youkan and Rotom episode was definately one of the best D/P episodes so far, I must agree with you on that.

I just hope this doesen't turn into a flame war, but here are my personal faves and least faves:

The Superhero Secret!: Most people I've seen tend to hate this episode with a passion. How can you resist so many superhero parodies in 1 ep? This is probably one of the best Johto Journies eps.

Mutiny in the Bounty!: The introductio to perhaps THE darkest character in the entire anime as of yet, Hunter J. This episode was fricking epic, had a Salamence in it and finally gave Pikachu a little less screentime. Only problem: Thanks to this episode, we've seen Drapion more than any non starter D/P Pokemon .

Enter the Dragonite!: An incredibly fantastic episode. This (along with Hello Pummelo!) definately made up for the ABOLUTELY PATHETIC Indigo League. (the league lol, not the season. Season 1 was fricking awesome) There was just so much greatness in this episode and the previous one that you should just see them for yourself if you doubt me.

And now, for the rubbish ones...

Foul Weather Friends: A tediously dull Johto Filler, misplaced in the fact that Johto Journies actually had entertaining, funny fillers. Plus, Stun Spore doesen't work on a Victreebel. 0.0

Cresselia VS Darkrai!: If you know me, you most likely saw this one coming from 75 miles away. The title fricking LIES to you, and the "battle" between Cresselia and Darkrai made Kyogre VS Groudon look like Majin Vegeta VS SSJ2 Goku! The episode should have had more focus on the fight, and Cresselia shouldn't have been captured so easily in TR's net. That, and my dream ending of Cresselia and Darkrai kissing at the end was completely disregarded...

Pikachus Goodbye!: Yes, you definately saw this correctly. The episode that made everyone cry when they were younger isn't sad in the slightest. This episode is by far one of the worst Kanto episodes, barely beating out Beauty and the Beach. Even though Pika was supposed to be the focus of this episode, I don't remember ANY of Ashes other Pokes even appearing in this episode at all.

I know that I'm going to be flamed immediately for saying Pikachus Goodbye is crap, but this is where you can state your opinion, right?

Shadow_Lugia_XD001

Guess who's back
yes you can state opinions here but I don't want people saying 'ZOMG!!! How cood u say *insert episode name* Iz rubbish?! OMG UR SOO GAY!!!' so I've added a no flaming rule on my first post, I hope people respect that :)

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Pikachus Goodbye!: Yes, you definately saw this correctly. The episode that made everyone cry when they were younger isn't sad in the slightest. This episode is by far one of the worst Kanto episodes, barely beating out Beauty and the Beach. Even though Pika was supposed to be the focus of this episode, I don't remember ANY of Ashes other Pokes even appearing in this episode at all.
While I'd argue that non-Pikachu Pokemon appearing in every episode was never mandatory or anything, I totally love you for shooting down its "emotion". Not saying it isn't touching, but it's horribly inflated by many. I even think the show has done a few superior attempts since then.

I've said it many times before, but in case you were drugged up the first 700 times you read it, "The Giant Whiscash & the Fishing Master!" is the greatest product Pocket Monsters has ever put out, all wrapped up into 22 minutes. Take that, gummy Pochama lollipops.

Let me think:

A Shroomish Skirmish: Torchic leveled up in badass. That alone seals the episode as one of my personal favourites.
True Blue Swablu: Yeah, I'm a sucker for the sap, but it really did bring May's character to the fullest light.
Holy Matrimony: This episode was awesome for inverting the typical episode formula. James became the main character with an interesting backstory and villainess to go with it and the ending with Jessie and James lovingly floating away while the twerps were the ones "blasting off" (and Meowth too, but let's not be picky) is permanently ingrained as the best subversion the show has ever had. Notably, this is also the first time I actually was disappointed that a Pokemon did not join the main cast, but afterwards I realized that it would be cruel for James to subject Growlie to the humiliation he usually goes through.

Last edited:

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Let me think:

A Shroomish Skirmish: Torchic leveled up in badass. That alone seals the episode as one of my personal favourites.
True Blue Swablu: Yeah, I'm a sucker for the sap, but it really did bring May's character to the fullest light.
Holy Matrimony: This episode was awesome for inverting the typical episode formula. James became the main character with an interesting backstory and villainess to go with it and the ending with Jessie and James lovingly floating away while the twerps were the ones "blasting off" (and Meowth too, but let's not be picky) is permanently ingrained as the best subversion the show has ever had. Notably, this is also the first time I actually was disappointed that a Pokemon did not join the main cast, but afterwards I realized that it would be cruel for James to subject Growlie to the humiliation he usually goes through.

TvTropes FTW.

Channeling the Battle Zone: BEST. FIGHT. EVER. Nuff said.

Oh, and May's crying had to be one of the most heart-wrenching scenes I've ever seen. In Pokemon, anyway.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
so many eps to choose from:

A Six Pack Attack (Advanced Challenge)
It's Still Rocket Roll to Me (Advanced Battle)
Pokeblock, Stock & Berry (Advanced Challenge)
Steamboat Willies (Diamond & Pearl)
Lost Leader Strategy/Crossing The Battle Line/A Triple Fighting Chance (D&P:Battle Dimension)
Talking A Great Game/Second Time's A Charm (Battle Frontier)
Green Guardian (Battle Frontier)
Pokemon Ranger & The Kidnapped Riolu (D&P:Battle Dimension)
The Great Eight Fate/Eight Ain't Enough (Advanced Battle)
Who's Flying Now/Sky High Gym Battle (Advanced Challenge)

csisps_26

Roark <3
O...K... so here's my list.

Kanto - Primeape Goes Banana! (for reasons that are odd. Don't kill me), Battle Aboard the St. Anne!

Johto - Gotta Catch Ya Later!, The Ties That Bind, Tie One On!, Can't Beat The Heat!, Hoenn Alone!, Throwing The Track Switch!

Hoenn - Zig Zag Zangoose, Do I Hear A Ralts?, Who, What, When, Where, Wynaut?, Hi Ho Silver Wind!, Deceit and Assist, Rhapsody in Drew

Kanto BF - Sweet Baby James!, May, We Harley Drew'd Ya, Thinning The Hoard, Channeling The Battle Zone, The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing!, Home is Where the Start Is

Sinnoh - When Pokémon World Collide!, O'er the Rampardos We Watched!, Settling a Not-So-Old Score!, Ill-Will Hunting!, Tears For Fears!, Riding the Winds of Change!, A Triple Fighting Chance!, Fighting Fear with Fear!

Yes, long list, I know.

PinkShellosDude

Well...I have tons of favorite episodes but here are some that I love from each region so far.

KANTO: ''The Tower Of Terror'' because I just loved them adventuring the tower and encountering all the ghost Pokemon.

ORANGE ISLANDS: ''The Rivalry Revival'' because Ash actually wins for once!

JOHTO: ''Pop Goes The Sneasel''. I don't really know why, maybe because I just love Sneasel.

HOENN: ''Eight Ain't Enough'' because I loved the battle with Juan.

BATTLE FRONTIER: I didn't watch any of this season.

SINNOH: ''O'Er the Rampardos We Watched'' because Ash beat Roark!

The Phantom Thief

Too many to name but I'll try to narrow it down somewhat:

Kanto I - The Ghost of Maiden's Peak, Tower of Terror, Electric Shock Showdown-Island of the Giant Pokemon, Battle For The Badge, Go West Young Meowth, Haunter vs. Kadabra, Mystery at the Lighthouse, Holy Matrimony, Bye-Bye Butterfree, Pikachu's Goodbye, Wake Up Snorlax, Here Comes The Squirtle Squad

Sinnoh: Chim-Charred, Tears for Fears, Crossing Paths, Mutiny in the Bounty, Our Cup Runneth Over-Strategy With a Smile, Once There Were Greenfields, Following a Maiden's Voyage-When Pokemon Worlds Collide, The Keystone Pops, A-Maze-ing Race, Tag! We're It-Smells Like Team Spirit, One Big Happiny Family, Top-Down Training, Aiding The Enemy, Barry's Busting Out All Over, Steeling Piece of Mind, Shield With A Twist

Hoenn - Whiscash and Ash, the Great Eight Fate/Eight Aint Enough, Rhapsody In Drew, Like a Meowth to a Flame-At The End of the Fray, Do I Hear a Ralts

Orange Islands: Hello Pumello/Enter The Dragonite, The Rivaly Revival, A Shipful of Shivers, Charizard Chills, Pokemon Double Trouble

Kanto II (BF) - Pace-The Final Frontier, Time Warp Heals All Wounds, Battling the Enemy Within, Home Is Where The Start Is, Aipom and Circumstance, May, We Harley Drew'd Ya-Channeling the Battle Zone, From Cradle to Save, Grating Spaces,

Johto- I missed most of the Johto arc (other than Master Quest) so any favorites I have are mostly from the aforementioned season.

Last edited:

Alfonso

Derpgull
I swear Ash lost to Gary in that episode.

He did. :<

Pikachu vs. Eevee ending in disaster for Ash, causing fans to moan at either Ash's defeat or Pikachu losing to Eevee or rejoice at Gary's return.

That 'Gary's starter was an Eevee'.

raichu2626

Volt Tackle
Electric Shock Showdown, Hello Pummelo, Enter Dragonite, Gotta Catch Ya Later, Gathering the Gand of Four, Can't beat the heat, Johto photo finish, The symbol life, Rhapsody in drew....and so many more!!

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
Here are my Top 10 Favorites, in particular order.

10. The Bicker the Better
9. Chimcharred
8. Fighting Fear With Fear
7. Do I Hear a Ralts
6. Pokemon Summer School Offer
5. Pikachu Revolts
4. Holy Mantromony
3. Wiscash and Ash
2. Pika and Goliath
1. Electric Shock Showdown

I still loved that episode, and its tough to replace my #1 pick since I liked it as a kid.

jorisw

Kanto: electric shock showdown/pokemon emergency
orange islands: Bye bye Psyduck
Johto: Johto photo finish
Hoenn: A Poached Ego!
KantoBF: Home is were the start is
Sinnoh:yôkan and rotom

THUNDER!!!

&lt;So Many Stickers!
Kanto:pokemon, i choose you!
Ornge islands:Bye,bye Lapras!
Jhoto:One of the leage battle EPs.
Hoenn:The first one.
Battle Frontier:Numero uno Articuno.
Shinoo:Twice smitten,once shy!

Those are my favorites.

groundonman

the dark shadows >:D
training daze: was awsome seeing james struggle
picachus winter vacation ,delibird dilemia:funny seeing pokemon in suspence
putting the air back in areodactle:soooooooooo funny
the legend of thunder the movie:so many funny bits you can make fun of (i made it into a comedy show)but whos jimmy?
i dont know the name well but i think it was :puting the milk in miltank: hahaha ash in a maid dress

soryy but most of them are pokemon chronicles