• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's your favourite evolution introduced in Generation IV?

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedBlastoise said:
A tie between Togekiss and Rhyperior. Togekiss because I just like Togepi evos alot and Rhyperior because I used a Rhydon in LG and was able to evolve it further once I transferred it to Diamond.

I used Saidon (Rhydon) in FireRed and I actually thought about transferring it to Diamond version a long time ago when I was transferring Pokemon over to complete my Zukan (Pokedex). But I eventually thought against it because as much as I like Dosidon's (Rhyperior's) design, I didn't want to leave a gaping hole in my FireRed team.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
I used Saidon (Rhydon) in FireRed and I actually thought about transferring it to Diamond version a long time ago when I was transferring Pokemon over to complete my Zukan (Pokedex). But I eventually thought against it because as much as I like Dosidon's (Rhyperior's) design, I didn't want to leave a gaping hole in my FireRed team.

That sucks but you could've traded Rhydon to Emerald and cloned it there and then that way you would've had a spare Rhydon to transfer to Diamond so you could evolve it into Rhyperior there.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Weavile is my favourite Pokemon. Thus this answer is a no brainer. I always loved Sneasel, so when I heard it was getting an evolution, I was over the moon. I also love the fact it's a Pokemon I like that can actually be called good, so that's a bonus.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedBlastoise said:
That sucks but you could've traded Rhydon to Emerald and cloned it there and then that way you would've had a spare Rhydon to transfer to Diamond so you could evolve it into Rhyperior there.

I don't have a Link Cable, so I can't trade between the two games.

Weavy said:
Weavile is my favourite Pokemon. Thus this answer is a no brainer. I always loved Sneasel, so when I heard it was getting an evolution, I was over the moon. I also love the fact it's a Pokemon I like that can actually be called good, so that's a bonus.

I like that it's fast, but I was irked that getting one in Gen IV was often more trouble than it was worth since its pre-evolved form isn't found in the wild until right before the seventh Gym.

TwilightBlade

To refresh your mind, I'm talking about the following ones:
- Roserade
- Ambipom
- Mismagius
- Honchkrow
- Weavile
- Magnezone
- Lickilicky
- Rhyperior
- Tangrowth
- Electivire
- Magmortar
- Togekiss
- Yanmega
- Leafeon
- Glaceon
- Gliscor
- Mamoswine
- Porygon-Z
- Gallade
- Probopass
- Dusknoir
- Froslass

Out of those I liked Weavile, Mismagius and Togekiss. I've never used Mismagius because I think it's one of the worst Ghost types of that period battle-wise, but I've used Weavile and Togekiss. They rock. :]

Leonhart

Imagineer
SubtleVVeirdoh said:
Mamoswine, Weavile, and Froslass would be my honorable mentions.

I like all three, although I always found it frustrating that in Diamond and Pearl versions you could only train a Manyula (Weavile) out of those three Ice-types during the main storyline since the other two could only be obtained after beating the Champion and getting the expanded Zukan (Pokedex).

zolios

My favorite is definitely Gliscor because of its awesome design, battle capabilities and a great shiny colors too. I always really liked Gligar so when it finally got an even better evolution it meant that Gliscor instantly became one of my Top 10 favorite Pokemon ever.

I also really like Mismagius, Mamoswine, Roserade, Togekiss, Weavile and Electivire a lot but Gliscor will always be my favorite Sinnoh evolution.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Gallade looks awesome and so does Roserade. I used to think that alot of the new evos looked bad but now I like most of them except Tangrowth.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
I personally like them all as the new evolutions makes you remember and/or try old Pokémon you might not have cared for before, like Snorunt or Nosepass, and maybe even end up liking them.

But my favorite will always be Honchkrow. I always have it as my Flying type whenever I play Diamond, ever since my first playthrough. I like Dark types and I just love its design, a fancy, sassy and confident crow who knows it's the boss. And so I have a lot of good memories with this Pokémon.

TwilightBlade

But my favorite will always be Honchkrow. I always have it as my Flying type whenever I play Diamond, ever since my first playthrough. I like Dark types and I just love its design, a fancy, sassy and confident crow who knows it's the boss. And so I have a lot of good memories with this Pokémon.

I prefer Honchkrow over Staraptor too and even went ahead of swapped Staraptor out of my Pearl team a while back in favor of Honchkrow, which I carefully bred so that it would know Drill Peck.

Sakuyamon

I always liked Magmortar for some reason even if it looks kind of funny with those huge lips. Rhyperior is awesome too but I never got to use one in DPPT because I couldn't find someone to trade with.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Sadly I never used many of the new evolutions introduced in these games due to them requiring certain items you only get very late in the game. Only in recent years have I actually used them or started liking them. Examples that come to mind are Roserade, Mamoswine, and Dusknoir.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
So I adore most of the evolutions from Gen IV, primarily because this was my first major game and these Pokemon were always the final stage for me - I don't remember a time where Electabuzz for example was the final evolution of Elekid. I also love them because they have some incredible designs and all feel and look like cool and powerful Pokemon. I personally don't feel these evolutions diminished the coolness or prestige of their pre-evolutions - they felt like marginal improvements on design and power, enough where you wanted to use them fully evolved but never felt bad using the former final form as well. Sometimes I even preferred the designs of the pre-evolutions (looking at you Magmar and Dusclops).

466.png
468.png
472.png
430.png
407.png

My favourite Pokemon is Electivire, from first seeing it in the anime/TCG to using its evolutionary multiple times across various games. It looks imposing and strong, I like the concept and it had a varied and awesome moveset. What's not to love? I used Togekiss in my most recent playthrough of Platinum and adore its design and cry, even if I thought there were better Pokemon it still has some cool tricks up its sleeve and it later becomes a Fairy type! Fantastic. Gliscor was a favourite of mine from the anime, although I've never used one before. Honchkrow I love because I used it in HeartGold over anything else, same with Roserade.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Magmortor and Electivire I didn’t like since they were very difficult to obtain in Gen 4 and that would’ve helped the lack of type variety in that game.

I like Magnezone and Togekiss the most since they’re pre evolutions were kinda useless in battle.

Last edited: