• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's your favourite News Announcement in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald?

Favourite Announcement

• Battle Tower Victory interview

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
What's your favourite News Announcement in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald?

I like the outbreaks of Pokemon so like that I have a good chance of getting a Shiny :D

Feel free to vote, post and discuss.

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
Wait, swarms increase the chances of getting a shiny? What?

I like the clear-out sales or when the Energy Guru "goes for it stupendously". Vitamins for sale is awesome.

Innocent Squirtle

I like the ones where the pokeblocks guy come down from the mountains, but you don't have that in your poll.

Energy Guru annoucement, it makes my EV training easier.

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
Wait, swarms increase the chances of getting a shiny? What?

I like the clear-out sales or when the Energy Guru "goes for it stupendously". Vitamins for sale is awesome.

No,swarms don't increase the shiny rate,however, if you're searching for a specific Pokemon, that is, the outbreak, you have a higher chance of finding this Pokemon and a little luck to finding it Shiny.

I like the ones where the pokeblocks guy come down from the mountains, but you don't have that in your poll.

Sorry about that, it's just that I don't have Emerald and not really used to the announcements in Emerald.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sion9

Energy Guru. I've had all of the rest multiple times, so I don't really care as much, but EV items for EV training is something I can always use.

May Ketchum

Dawn IS my world....
I like Gabby and Ty ones. I like it when I thrash with them not even laying a single attack, it gives me pride that I'm rasing my Pokemon extremely well. Second is the clear-out sale, but those rarely show themsevles on TV

Gazmof

Zephyr Trainer
No,swarms don't increase the shiny rate,however, if you're searching for a specific Pokemon, that is, the outbreak, you have a higher chance of finding this Pokemon and a little luck to finding it Shiny.
Oh okay, I was worried for a moment that I'd missed some awesome shiny opportunities in the past.

palkia1

Palkia Lover
I like the swarm ones best. I find Energy Guru one useless because the items aren't necessary to EV train Pokemon. It can be done fast easily. I don't really like the other ones with the possible exception of Lilycove clearance sale, but swarm is easily the best.

I like it best when they announce clear-out sales in Lilycove City. It means I can buy more stuff for my secret base but they don't happen that often so when they announce, you would want to get there ASAP.

YoYie

I you bet
you also have the name rater announcement.

i dont like all the manual tv programs, where you tell someone something, and it shows on tv. its kinda useless...
i like outbreaks the most, once i caught 30 skitty, because i had nothing to do, but it turned out a good thing because my friend traded them for random pokemon i wanted like lanturn etc...