• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's Your Favourite NPC Quote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EspNeon

Badge Collector
In Gen 5 there have been a few gems delivered by different characters - some of them preschoolers at Day Care and others before they were about to battle.

Which one is your favourite?

For me its from Black/White 2 on Route 21 where a swimmer says "This big puddle. Its called the Ocean".
It always reminds me of the "You Don't Say" meme. It's so patronising, I love it.

Aquarelle

Staff member
The first thing that came to my mind was this kid by the Day Care in B2W2.
Talk to him while riding your bike and he's all "People who ride Bicycles are so cool!" (Alright!)
But if you're not on your bike: "Don’t you have a Bicycle? Can you even ride one?" (Aww...)

That kid is one of the most memorable NPCs in the game for me because of those quotes. I like his enthusiasm for bikes and love his line for when you're not on your bike (found it really funny).

Kalosian

So long
Gen 5 has several good quotes. I'll post two that I really like.

"People always think the past or the future would be so wonderful. But the great time we're spending with Pokemon is right now!"
- A boy in Floccesy Town (B2/W2)

I like this because I feel that it describes the Pokemon fandom very well. People in this fandom often seem to think back to the past or look to the future when it comes to Pokemon games, but I feel that the present should be appreciated as well. Without it, there wouldn't be any past to look back to or any future to look forward to. Not to mention the fact that the present is where we are, right here, right now.

"N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
- Concordia (B/W)

Another quote I like, but I have a hard time describing why. It is really memorable to me, though. Feels like it gives a deeper description of some of N's characteristics.

There are more quotes from Gen 5 that I really like, but I'll leave it with this for now, might post more later on. I apologize if this thread was meant for "funny" quotes only, if so, I'll have a few I'll post later on.

EspNeon

Badge Collector
The first thing that came to my mind was this kid by the Day Care in B2W2.
Talk to him while riding your bike and he's all "People who ride Bicycles are so cool!" (Alright!)
But if you're not on your bike: "Don’t you have a Bicycle? Can you even ride one?" (Aww...)

That kid is one of the most memorable NPCs in the game for me because of those quotes. I like his enthusiasm for bikes and love his line for when you're not on your bike (found it really funny).

There's quite a few sassy people in Unova it seems haha.

Gen 5 has several good quotes. I'll post two that I really like.

"People always think the past or the future would be so wonderful. But the great time we're spending with Pokemon is right now!"
- A boy in Floccesy Town (B2/W2)

I like this because I feel that it describes the Pokemon fandom very well. People in this fandom often seem to think back to the past or look to the future when it comes to Pokemon games, but I feel that the present should be appreciated as well. Without it, there wouldn't be any past to look back to or any future to look forward to. Not to mention the fact that the present is where we are, right here, right now.

"N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
- Concordia (B/W)

Another quote I like, but I have a hard time describing why. It is really memorable to me, though. Feels like it gives a deeper description of some of N's characteristics.

There are more quotes from Gen 5 that I really like, but I'll leave it with this for now, might post more later on. I apologize if this thread was meant for "funny" quotes only, if so, I'll have a few I'll post later on.

I love Concordia's quote. It's scarily accurate and really relatable. It's probably my favourite quote in terms of character description too.

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
I haven't the faintest clue why, but probably:

"I'm just a shadow, after all..." – Shadow Triad member #2, after being defeated in B2/W2

Like I said, don't know why. It could be connected to the fact that my favorite video game character of all time is Shadow the Hedgehog, from the Sonic games, and basically the entirety of his storyline was composed of an identity crisis.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
(Hopefully this is OK to bump. It's exactly two months I believe).

"N, even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought."

By far my favorite quote of any Pokemon game along with this from Gorm(?) of the Seven Sages:

"If you make a mistake and do not correct it, that is a second mistake"

So much truth to this and I love reading it every time I first enter N's castle. As for the former, it's something every Pokémon fan should remember when discussing something related to Pokémon with someone else.

Last edited:
- Concordia (B/W)

I agree that this quote is amazing.

My personal favourite Gen 5 quote is also my current favourite Pokemon quote ever.

"You said you have a dream... that dream... make it come true! Wonderful dreams and ideals give you the power to change the world! If anyone can, it's you!" ~N, Pokemon White, if the player answers yes at Chargestone Cave

This quote right here was what convinced me that White was my favourite game (and it still is). N had become my favourite Unova character, and was tied with Steven and Wallace for my favourite character overall, so this quote being in his farewell was just the start. At the time, I had been going through self-esteem issues that had really been bogging me down. N referring to me as he said this quote made me feel inspired. It upped my self-esteem so much. It was at that point in which I was so inspired and heartwarmed that I started crying with how beautiful the quote was. I cried for about ten minutes straight after. It had definitely been worth playing Pokemon White for a month just to read that quote. I live by it to this day.

"Nature!" ~encounter Pokemon ranger ???

I don't remember which Pokemon ranger said this upon me wanting to battle them. I can't even remember what route it was. It was just so adorable that I really loved it. Plus just a couple of hours before seeing it I had watched an AmazingPhil video in which he went around saying "Nature!" At one point so that may have something to do with it.

"Getting wrapped up in worries is bad for your body and spirit. That's when you must short out your logic circuits and reboot your heart." ~Elesa, Cynthia's Villa, Gen V

I don't know why I find it inspiring. I just do. Maybe it's just a sweet little way of telling me to stop worrying over little things.

"When I'm writing novels, if I don't have enough input, my output suffers. It's the same thing for Trainers. To grow stronger, Trainers need to have countless battles and learn many things. Then, they must put what they've learned to the test in real battles." ~Shauntal, Cynthia's Villa, Gen V

I relate so hard with this. I've been writing a long fanfiction and I wouldn't have got inspiration for several events if I hadn't listened to my English teacher this half term. It can also be applied to life in general - you won't succeed unless you learn how to.

I'll add more once I remember them.

Last edited:

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
i like pretty much anything n says, but one of my favorites is grimsley:

"life is a serious battle, and you have to use the tools you're given. it's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents were dealt."

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Maybe the Preschooler in the Daycare on Route 3 (BW) who says something like:

"Change your perspective - and your life changes."

Pretty deep coming from a little kid.

Aquarelle

Staff member
During my current Black playthrough, I was reminded of Bianca's various quotes about trying to find what she wants to do with her life, e.g.:

Papa, I'll come home after I find out what I really want to do!
I’m really searching… for what I want to do and what I can do!
As I’ve been traveling lately, I’ve been thinking about things. Things like what I can do with my life, and what I want to do, but…

The BW games came out during my last year of high school, when people were always asking me what I was going to do with the rest of my life and I had no clue. So, Bianca's lines described me pretty well and were one of the reasons why she was my favourite of the two rivals in BW.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
"Do you need to kneaded a little more, or should I sandwich you with bread?" - Baker trainer

My brain hurts just reading the sentence lol.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- Concordia (B/W)

I love that quote as well hee hee. It really sums up N's whole character and I think N's quotes in B/W in general were really touching, like when he said 'My friends getting hurt... That's what a Pokemon battle is' after losing one of his battles. It showed how he views Pokemon as his only companions, which is kind of sad.

TikTok13

Oh, I have a title?
Not sure if this counts, and I'm sorry if it's a bit long-winded, but:

"Strength and strength alone is what matters in this world. So I believed, until I met Alder here.
But, winning in Pokémon battles isn't all there is to life. Once I learned that, my eyes were opened to many different things.
We all have our own band of strength, people and Pokémon both. The strength to make our dreams a reality, the strength to protect what we hold most dear…
Why do I think this way now? It's thanks to you, <player>... And Bianca... And Alder... If only N could see this, too, someday.
I'm going to take a long, hard look on myself on Victory Road. I'm going to think about what I can do and who I can become… Visit me sometime, if you want. We'll have a battle like old times."

I feel as though this shows a complete change in Cheren, and I think he is one of the more developed characters in the franchise. Also, I feel as though some of the things he says reflects how I often feel "Why do I think this way now?"

Not sure if this counts, and I'm sorry if it's a bit long-winded, but:

"Strength and strength alone is what matters in this world. So I believed, until I met Alder here.
But, winning in Pokémon battles isn't all there is to life. Once I learned that, my eyes were opened to many different things.
We all have our own band of strength, people and Pokémon both. The strength to make our dreams a reality, the strength to protect what we hold most dear…
Why do I think this way now? It's thanks to you, <player>... And Bianca... And Alder... If only N could see this, too, someday.
I'm going to take a long, hard look on myself on Victory Road. I'm going to think about what I can do and who I can become… Visit me sometime, if you want. We'll have a battle like old times."

I feel as though this shows a complete change in Cheren, and I think he is one of the more developed characters in the franchise. Also, I feel as though some of the things he says reflects how I often feel "Why do I think this way now?"

I get what you mean. Cheren was relatable in a way to me since at first he was that one dorky kid with glasses who had a clear goal, but later on began to understand more and question themselves on things. Unlike him, however, I am still wearing glasses :p

Recently I found how much I love just about everything Curtis and Yancy both say. They're such adorable snugglemuffins that I just can't :3

Cat's Eye Draco

There are a lot of quotes from Gen V that I like, but off the top of my head, the first one that comes to mind is:

"I must say it's difficult for people to draw out a Pokémon's charm if they don't have any themselves." -Elesa, Cynthia's villa, B/W

So true, for people as well as Pokemon.

Wasn't there an awkward conversation with the Hiker dude on the ferris wheel in Nimbasa? I don't recall the whole dialogue, but I remember finding it funny.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I think Anthea's (or Concordia's, I don't recall) quote about N's pure heart and innocence from Black/White is my top favorite quote since it sounded so elegant.

Status
Not open for further replies.